News: Dan Quinn impressed by the Wolf Hunter

Jipper

Reaction score
His injury has never been described as degenerative.

No? Hmm, I thought spinal stenosis was a genetic condition that became degenerative over time?

Regardless he's got a genetic condition that is not going to improve...he is much more susceptible to spinal injury than someone without the condition which is the worry.

I'd hope he would have a long career but bc of the position he plays and the violence it absorbs I still have a lot of doubt he makes it many more years...but just no way to tell

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm going to pull for any player who works as hard as LVE does to overcome injury.

Hating someone for something he's not responsible for is simply a foolish mindset.

LVE is just doing everything humanly possible to overcome his injuries of the past.

I can relate to someone being wary of a repeat. Hating the victim makes no sense.

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm going to pull for any player who works as hard as LVE does to overcome injury.

Hating someone for something he's not responsible for is simply a foolish mindset.

LVE is just doing everything humanly possible to overcome his injuries of the past.

I can relate to someone being wary of a repeat. Hating the victim makes no sense.

Who HATES Vander Esch exactly?? What has he done to cause hate? I haven't seen him tackling a guy 10 yards after a first down and acting like an idiot... No one hates him. He's just hurt a lot and has a NECK issue. It's like looking at a new Corvette that has 50 open Recalls....

Jipper

Reaction score

agree and I’ll pull for him too….but what he is dealing with is a genetic condition that makes him more susceptible to issues….thats what worries me. A surgery can help like he had last year but it’s likely he’s going to have issues again.

but 100 percent agree to pull for the guy to succeed

Praxit

Reaction score
...I'm rooting for the guy, no hate here. But its hard to ignore facts and stats. One thing he has going for him is age. The body being a mystery anything can happen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Who HATES Vander Esch exactly?? What has he done to cause hate? I haven't seen him tackling a guy 10 yards after a first down and acting like an idiot... No one hates him. He's just hurt a lot and has a NECK issue. It's like looking at a new Corvette that has 50 open Recalls....

Thank you -- that describes my point to a "T." Those who say they hate him for it don't have a leg to stand on. Some here claim to.

stiletto

Reaction score
Thank you -- that describes my point to a "T." Those who say they hate him for it don't have a leg to stand on. Some here who claim to.

Anyone that HATES LVE because of his injuries are morons...don't worry about it. Now someone saying they don't want to see the team paying for a "long term deal" is also not hate. It's just being smart/objective. Doesn't make them a hater. Double-edge sword I guess.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In an all-important prove-it season, the player nicknamed the "Wolf Hunter" is attempting to establish himself as the alpha of the linebacker pack for the Dallas Cowboys. Leighton Vander Esch saw the organization decline to exercise his fifth-year option for 2022 immediately after drafting Micah Parsons in the first round and Jabril Cox in the fourth round of the 2021 NFL Draft, each variable sending a clear-and-present message to Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith. A former first-round pick himself, the former is already off to the races in impressing newly hired defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, and that's key to helping secure his playing time in 2021 and his future in North Texas in years to come.

BB1a3ZeI.img
© Provided by CBS Sports
Quinn, speaking in early June about players who jumped out at him in his first round of Cowboys offseason works, raved about what he's seeing thus far from a determined Vander Esch -- a player the team has received trade interest for recently but ignored due to their plans for him this coming season.

"I've been really impressed, [and] not just from the OTA time," Quinn told media. "Every once and a while you can just see a person that's on a mission, and I think that's what I've seen from Leighton from the time I arrived. You could just feel the energy, the intensity that he's putting into his workouts to change his body to get as strong as he could.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-of-training-camp-hes-on-a-mission/ar-AALhqfX
Wolf Hunter...

Right.....

jnday

Reaction score
Anyone that HATES LVE because of his injuries are morons...don't worry about it. Now someone saying they don't want to see the team paying for a "long term deal" is also not hate. It's just being smart/objective. Doesn't make them a hater. Double-edge sword I guess.
A reasonable contract with some incentives would work nice if the team could get some protection for injuries are included.

phildadon86

Reaction score
In his career he has one good year. The rest have been either injured or inconsistent. His coverage ability isn't anything to write home about but for arguments sake let's say it is....coverage ability isn't all it takes to be a linebacker. Are you ignoring all his flaws because of his "coverage ability"?
I knew it was catch before I even checked

jnday

Reaction score
Hope so, competition is a great thing
Yes it is. I have may doubts if Jaylon’s foot will allow him to play better than he played last year. It seems like Jaylon has peaked and played as well as his foot allowed a couple of seasons ago. It seems like his ability to change directions and accelerate wasn’t as good as the previous season. It may only get worse as he ages. I think drafting Parsons was due to the team recognizing the decline and limitations.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yes it is. I have may doubts if Jaylon’s foot will allow him to play better than he played last year. It seems like Jaylon has peaked and played as well as his foot allowed a couple of seasons ago. It seems like his ability to change directions and accelerate wasn’t as good as the previous season. It may only get worse as he ages. I think drafting Parsons was due to the team recognizing the decline and limitations.
Hope you are wrong about Smith
But get your point

lukin2006

Reaction score
I like hearing that…he looked so promising in his rookie year…staying healthy is what we need…

jnday

Reaction score
If they hate LVE, they must have loathed Sean Lee for the entire time that he was a Cowboy.

ghst187

Reaction score
Prediction, he will have a big and healthy year and jerry will give him a big contract and then the following season he will be injured regularly