News: Dan Quinn impressed by the Wolf Hunter

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I bet jaylon is out there flying around like a rocket ship diagnosing plays and leaving scraps for the pile jumping 55

speedkilz88

Reaction score
hes had neck issues since his days at Boise and has to wear a restrictor collar to keep his neck motion stable due to the degenerative condition. The stinger in 2019 exacerbated the situation and while he may be fully recovered now (or say he is), the fact that he has had similar issues on the same part of his body during both his college and nfl play still gives concern to long term durability

Again, i really do like the guy but i just don't have any confidence in his long term health and availability based on prior issues. I hope for the best but i do not think it would be smart for Dallas to give him a contract with guarantees that could hurt them should his career come to an early conclusion
His injury has never been described as degenerative.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
there is no “LVE hate “

the guy is talented but has serious neck issues at a position that requires constant collisions

why anyone would advocate giving him a top LB contract even if he stays healthy and performs well is beyond me

haven’t we learned anything from previous bad contracts given after suddenly good play in contract years?

we better move on after the year no matter how well he plays

Nobody knows the extent of his neck issues besides the Cowboys.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I don’t think his issues are solely health-related. He seems to be good at many things but great at nothing. Imagine Godfrey Miles. Getting a backup utility linebacker in the third round is good drafting. But you expect more out of a first rounder.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Once a player is labeled injury prone, he never really sheds that label.
You couple that with the type of injury (neck) and doubts will follow that player throughout his career.
Like Sean Lee, I have no questions about LVE's ability to play the position (I blame the lame Cowboys defense more on coaching and scheme than the players). After all, he was drafted in the first round and word had it that teams thought he had the skills but were concerned about his neck injury.
However, I am concerned about his durability and availability. Unfortunately, I see a Sean Lee future for him and so does the team; Otherwise, Dallas would have picked up his fifth-year option.
Then again, LVE can always prove them, us and me wrong.
Howl on, LVE, howl on! "Aaaawwwoooooo!"

stiletto

Reaction score
The LVE hate is unreal on this forum.

When that hate backfires on most of you for the 2nd time in his career after you wrote him off on draft day remember that I was never a doubter.

I don't think it is hate but just having Sean Lee Deja-vu. I think everyone pretty much knows Availability is LVE's problem. He was healthy that rookie year and was a monster, everyone knows he CAN be just like Sean Lee could've been a HOF'er. Availability.... To prefer not to pay someone a fortune who is never on the field is not HATE as you say. It is just reality.

Last edited:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The LVE hate is unreal on this forum.

When that hate backfires on most of you for the 2nd time in his career after you wrote him off on draft day remember that I was never a doubter.

it is the Sean Lee Syndrome, once bitten twice shy ,

We all know LVE when healthy , like Sean is an impact player. But last couple of years , because of injuries , playing timid etc.. makes us Fans wonder , thats all !

conner01

Reaction score
You don't understand where the "hate" come from? The same guy who "hates" On Dak?

You don't understand that not only has LVE had a career of underachieving but he's unhealthy...why on earth would anyone hype him up right now?
Pot
Kettle
Lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not really
I look at LVE as such a great potential LB if he can just catch a break, no pun,, just want to see what this LB core can be if LVE stays healthy and Parsons is day one integrated, Jaylon still has a role, Neal and Cox...
Cant see too much to hate on this group.