Dan Quinn still has no answer for what went wrong against the Packers

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is what he would say if he could.............

Dan: Well Bob my defense realized that our offense was in Deer in the Headlights land and after the previous 2 Niner playoff losses they just gave up.
Bob: Ok Dan but is that a real assessment of what happened?
Dan: Yes Sir unless our offense is given the lead and we get them at least 2-3 T/O in the game they're useless esp against teams like the Bills and Niners.
Bob: GL in D.C. Dan.

Big_D

Reaction score
He still doesn't realize a safety can't play LB. Can't use the injury excuse, the LBs were out quite awhile and you still don't have a legit guy. I don't care if you have to call someone who hasn't played in 2 years. Get a bigger guy. to pretend you don't know what the probklem was? LOL it's that front 7 that can't stop the run. It's always been the problem.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I swear he threw that game. I get the daggers being thrown towards the offense and they are deserved but the scheme on defense was ridiculous to the point where it looked like the team was intentionally losing. Soft zone coverage? 6 men in the box against two TE sets? All while down double digits. Really?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I admittedly don’t know much of anything, certainly don’t claim to be a football expert, and have no need to be right….but even I was posting years ago that any OC that has the patience to stay with the run against us even when behind would have success.

Why the so called “experts” didn’t see the same frustrates me as a fan. They are supposed to easily see what myself and many others did, and did nothing about it.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is what he would say if he could.............

Dan: Well Bob my defense realized that our offense was in Deer in the Headlights land and after the previous 2 Niner playoff losses they just gave up.
Bob: Ok Dan but is that a real assessment of what happened?
Dan: Yes Sir unless our offense is given the lead and we get them at least 2-3 T/O in the game they're useless esp against teams like the Bills and Niners.
Bob: GL in D.C. Dan.
The defense got marched on immediately out the gate to start the game lol

pitt33

Reaction score
I swear he threw that game. I get the daggers being thrown towards the offense and they are deserved but the scheme on defense was ridiculous to the point where it looked like the team was intentionally losing. Soft zone coverage? 6 men in the box against two TE sets? All while down double digits. Really?
A lot of people think the NFL is rigged.

I don’t see it through that lens but man sometimes things just don’t seem right with the way games turn out.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
In defense of Quinn!

For the first two season as the DC Cowboy fans were very pleased with Quinn. He did a fine job most would agree. Then in 2023 things slipped. Bad lop sided loses to the Cardinals, 49ers, Bills and of course the Packers in the playoffs. Many fans turned on him. Was it because he could no longer coach or did a few offenses figure out how to attack his D? Perhaps a bit but I say the issue was with the roster and injuries. He lost the closest thing he had to a shut down corner when Diggs went down. Bland came along nicely but Diggs was missed. Then as the season went along he lost his best linebacker in LVE. He was forced to use D backs at LB. Add to that some recent high round draft choices that were suppose to be stars but gave next to nothing or nothing at all...guys like Mazi Smith, Sam Williams and Kelvin Joseph. He just did not have the horses if you will. Likely did well to get through the season with 12 wins.

In thoroughbred horse racing there is a saying: "A jockey never carried a horse across the finish line." You can paraphrase that for football and say "A coach alone cannot carry a limited group of players to a championship."