Twitter: Dan Quinn won't interview with Jaguars

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I can see Carroll being gone, and Wilson along with him. And then it’s a total rebuild. With no 1st round pick (at this point) to do it.

I'm not sure about Carroll AND Wilson leaving. I do think it is time to go their separate ways. Just my take, but if I'm Seattle, Wilson stays with an extension ( this is the last year of guaranteed $ on his contract), Carroll is fired and going hard after Quinn. Let Quinn do his magic with the D ( remember we were ranked at the bottom defensively last year) and Wilson give him a vet QB who just needs a few more pieces around him, a perfect match IMO.

But if you trade Wilson and keep Carroll, you don't have 1st round pick or franchise QB.......that spells rebuild to me.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No Wilson, no from me. They are a mess with that Adams trade. They essentially traded a draft for Roy Williams.

I keep Wilson and fire Carroll. Hire Quinn to take care of the D and get Wilson a few pieces.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There’s only 32 NFL teams. If you want to be a HC you don’t pass up these opportunities. They have a potential rookie franchise QB to build around. I find this strange unless there is something else going on.

I'd like to think Jerry may have a way or two to help keep him here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's not going to interview with anyone during the Cowboys campaign for an SB title, but once that is over he will interview for multiple teams. I don't expect Quinn to return to the Cowboys. In fact, I expect several current Cowboys to follow Quinn to his new team if they become free agents at the conclusion of this season.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
That's a relief.. But he'll be a prime candidate for just about every head coaching job available, hopefully he will wait until the off season to accept interviews.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's not going to interview with anyone during the Cowboys campaign for an SB title, but once that is over he will interview for multiple teams. I don't expect Quinn to return to the Cowboys. In fact, I expect several current Cowboys to follow Quinn to his new team if they become free agents at the conclusion of this season.

+1 .....I could def see this happening, especially Gregory and maybe Kearse.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, the more I think about it, I think Carroll gets fired. Think about it, rumors out there that he could be gone. GM/owner can shut it down with one short media release. Their silence is speaking volumes IMO. In other words, how fast do you think the Chiefs or Ravens would address the same type of rumors about Reid and Harbaugh? JMO

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's going to say that to all the teams wanting to talk to him now. he doesn't want the players to be worrying about him leaving Instead of playing football right now.

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
he's going to say that to all the teams wanting to talk to him now. he doesn't want the players to be worrying about him leaving Instead of playing football right now.

Actually, he's going to have to make a decision fairly soon after the season. The week after the wildcard playoffs is the only window for teams interested in interviewing assistant coaches still for teams still alive. Otherwise the team or interested assistant would have to wait until his team is eliminated or after the SB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's unfortunate if Randy Gregory is one of those that follow Quinn to another team considering all those years Jerry Jones stood by and supported Gregory while he was going through all those personal issues.

I agree but like all players, he's going to follow the money and I'm not sure we'll be able to meet his price.

This from PFF

DALLAS COWBOYS EDGE RANDY GREGORY
Player Pressure % Pass Rush Win % TFL + NG QB Hits Contract
Carl Lawson 14.7% 17.5% 4 40 3/$45M
John Franklin-Myers 14.8% 16.5% 3 11 4/$55M
Randy Gregory 15% 16.4% 7 18 ?
The key question here may be whether the Cowboys can convince Gregory to stay — perhaps at a slightly discounted rate — after they stuck by him through some challenging times. Edge defender Demarcus Lawrence is already the fifth-highest paid edge rusher in the NFL, and the Cowboys used the No. 12 and 84 overall picks in the 2021 draft on former Penn State phenom Micah Parsons and Iowa product Chauncey Golston.

Since compensatory picks were created in 1994, the Dallas Cowboys have earned the second-most of any club, trailing only the Baltimore Ravens. Dallas was the only club with four compensatory picks in the 2021 Draft. Long story short, the Cowboys are comfortable letting talented players depart in free agency and building through the draft. Gregory’s value has never been higher than it is right now.

Contract Projection: Two years, $25 million ($12.5M per year), $15 million total guaranteed

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's unfortunate if Randy Gregory is one of those that follow Quinn to another team considering all those years Jerry Jones stood by and supported Gregory while he was going through all those personal issues.

it’s more about $$$

he’s nearing the end of his playing career.

and he missed a lot of games because of his drug problems.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
it’s more about $$$

he’s nearing the end of his playing career.

and he missed a lot of games because of his drug problems.
It shouldn't be more about money but if it has to be, Jerry is able to take care of Randy after football. Look how he takes care of guys like Nate Newton.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Because it’s not his team.

Being the boss is greater than being part of a winning team . At least to most with aspiring intentions for the opportunity to get the credit and nostalgia for being boss.

Much like players would rather be a starter making more money on a bad team than making less money on the bench for a great team.

Here's the thing. There is no salary cap when it comes to coaching personnel. Quinn can get hefty extended contract from the Cowboys. His head coaching career took a nose dive with the Falcons. He already stated he is not interviewing in this 2-week window with the Jaguars. Quinn seems ecstatic being the defensive coordinator with the Cowboys and he had input in the draft and got most of what he needed. Do I know for sure that Quinn isn't going anywhere? Of course not, but there are many positive variables that could keep him here.