Dane Brugler Mock 4/17

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed but I suspect Frazier would be late to very late first.
Thern again these boards can certainly be off.
I doubt the 3rd OC goes before 28/29.
But after the top 3 I think you enter the drop off area. Guys who need seasoning or health or other things to succeed.

give me a day 1 OC and I am pretty happy.

Frazier is ONLY a center which is why I think he falls to that 3rd spot.
Barton can play all 5 positions to some extent and JPJ is as good a Guard as a Center.

A couple of the OTs are really OGs.
Yeah, it would surprise me if all three centers are off the board by 28/29. I just think abilitiywise they are better at their position than some of the tackles with flaws who will go before them (of course, it's easier to be better at their position than at tackle). Draft gurus certainly have noticed the strength at the top of the center position and maybe teams will value that more than we think. For them, it might be would you rather have a boom or bust tackle prospect like Mims or Guyton or a sure-fire center prospect. Not saying that JPJ, Barton and Frazier don't have their weaknesses, but I haven't seen any write-up where they are not considered guaranteed solutions at center with Pro Bowl potential.

Of course, like you said, some of the OTs are really OGs, so if teams feel comfortable that they can at least get a quality G out of it at worst, they might take that shot based on the tackle potential rather than taking a C.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think they end up going

RD 1 - Barton/JPJ
RD 2 - Brooks
RD 3 - Wilson / Sweat
RD 5 - LB
That would seem logical, but this team doesn't always do what seems to be logical.