26-Smith-Njiba WR
27-Mustgrave TE
28-Torrence G
29-Washington TE
30-Kincaid TE
31-Banks CB
32-Ringo CB
35-Kancey DT
Hyatt and Musgrave are my top 2 choices at 26.
Hyatt is a great fit in a WCO and Musgrave is the best day 1 TE IMO. Can block and catch with speed and size to develop further. Washington all blocking day 1 and Kincaid all pass catching.

I need to study Mayer it appears.

Banks/Ringo would be interesting options but I like the depth at CB for round 2 choices a lot.

Also he has Bijan rated 6th but noting he likely doesn't go top half of round 1.
A definite option as BPA if he falls to 26.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ricks is a big surprise, many view him as a mid-2nd rd prospect.
CB is interesting for Dallas because they need a starter there but you also do not want to make Trevon Diggs mad as you start salary talks.
Bama man Ricks might be a great threading of the needle but I'm not sure you can afford to go R1 there if you strip the offense of Amari and Schultz in back to back seasons.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
CB is interesting for Dallas because they need a starter there but you also do not want to make Trevon Diggs mad as you start salary talks.
Bama man Ricks might be a great threading of the needle but I'm not sure you can afford to go R1 there if you strip the offense of Amari and Schultz in back to back seasons.
Strong depth, but the position is always in high demand. When I broke down the traits the Cowboys target, Rush/Stevenson are good corner prospects outside of the 1st rd. Think CB and offense across the board are in play at 26.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hyatt and Musgrave are my top 2 choices at 26.
Hyatt is a great fit in a WCO and Musgrave is the best day 1 TE IMO. Can block and catch with speed and size to develop further. Washington all blocking day 1 and Kincaid all pass catching.

I need to study Mayer it appears.

Banks/Ringo would be interesting options but I like the depth at CB for round 2 choices a lot.

Also he has Bijan rated 6th but noting he likely doesn't go top half of round 1.
A definite option as BPA if he falls to 26.
With all those TE's bunch together, they aren't all going to be drafted in that range, my hope 1-2 fall to our 2nd rd selection :Kincaid, Mustgrave, Kraft-really want one of them and I am on record if Mayer is there, I am drafting him at 26!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
With all those TE's bunch together, they aren't all going to be drafted in that range, my hope 1-2 fall to our 2nd rd selection :Kincaid, Mustgrave, Kraft-really want one of them and I am on record if Mayer is there, I am drafting him at 26!
They are pretty specific to need except Mayer and Musgrave. Mayer is considered easily the top prospect but he never jumped off screen to me.
Musgrave is a size/speed guy that will have to grow into the techniques.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
22-Hyatt WR
24-Mayer TE
25-Quentin Johnson WR
26-Smith-Njiba WR
27-Mustgrave TE
28-Torrence G
29-Washington TE
30-Kincaid TE
31-Banks CB
32-Ringo CB
35-Kancey DT
Of that list, I’ll take Torrence.
:thumbup:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They are pretty specific to need except Mayer and Musgrave. Mayer is considered easily the top prospect but he never jumped off screen to me.
Musgrave is a size/speed guy that will have to grow into the techniques.
I really like Kraft too

rambo2

Reaction score
Fine with the 4, but really hoping at 58, not 26. Not all of them are going to taken that high
That's right. Mayer is a good safe pick at 26. He will be a monster in the red zone as a receiver and a blocker.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Strong depth, but the position is always in high demand. When I broke down the traits the Cowboys target, Rush/Stevenson are good corner prospects outside of the 1st rd. Think CB and offense across the board are in play at 26.
This team can’t wait for a CB. Even in a deep class they are going to fly off the board. They don’t have to take one in round 1, but they can’t sit there in round 2. They blew it 2 yrs ago. Had all that draft capital and should have moved up for Campbell., but waited and reached on a talented player with severe character questions and questions about his love for the game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This team can’t wait for a CB. Even in a deep class they are going to fly off the board. They don’t have to take one in round 1, but they can’t sit there in round 2. They blew it 2 yrs ago. Had all that draft capital and should have moved up for Campbell., but waited and reached on a talented player with severe character questions and questions about his love for the game.
Don’t want to also reach to fill a need. Will the 5-6 corner be the best player at 26?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Don’t want to also reach to fill a need. Will the 5-6 corner be the best player at 26?
They don’t have to take one at 26. But the teams that don’t get a corner in round 1 will be aggressive in round 2. Don’t be afraid to move up to get a CB in round 2. There might be very little left at the end of round 2 where we are scheduled to draft. Maybe this team thinks Bland is there best option outside. He may have to be if they blow it.