Daniel Jeremiah Mock 1.0 - Wentz at 4

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Good thing Eli should be on the down side now

But that's just it. A quarterback's life/career is extended when you protect him with a running game.
Now, the Giants have to surround Eli with an offensive line, but if they get a bellcow like Elliott, Eli can play handoff or pitch and catch with OBJ.

That's what we need to do for Romo. Get him Elliott and properly utilize Dez.

We can't keep putting the onus/burden on Romo.

Our motto for this year should be Forward to 2014!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If the QBs grade out or rate to justify a top 5 pick in the draft, and your guy is their, draft him... but don't pick one just for the sake of picking one.... I don't think these QBs rate high enough for a top 5 pick... and Goff will be gone
before we pick anyway... so, there goes the best of a weak group.

I guess my point, is there may not be 5 prospects who are worth a top 5 pick, just like every year we hear that Dallas only have out 18-22 first round grades. I don't know if Lynch or Wentz will be "worth" top 5 picks, but I do believe that they will have roughly the same value as any other player except Tunsil. Maybe Bosa if Marenelli really likes him, but that's about it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
People who post things like "worst mock ever" in January crack me up. Fact is that no one has any clue where the vast majority of these players are going now, calling it educated guessing is probably even generous. Jeremiah and others who put out a mock this early are probably obligated to do it by their employers. Any mock done by anybody doesn't mean crap until at least March if you ask me.

I'm insulted.....

I've already got about the 1st 4 rounds for the 2017 mocked.:rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the game against Jacksonville State? His numbers were pretty awful. 55% completion, 197 yards, 6.8 average, 1 TD, 2 INT. He did run 9 times for 79 yards and 2 TDs but I could care less about how he is as a runner.

I watched.........thought he was ok. He sure puts alot of air under his deep throws though...kind of scary. Some of those would have picked in the NFL. but I think he's got a good enough arm. He just needs to learn what he can get away w/ on the next level...and that's gonna take time...and trail by error. Question is....do the Cowboys have the patience for his growing pains? I've seen how they turned on Kellen Moore in about a game and a half.....when he is trying to guide a team limping to the finish line.:(

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He had 11 guys in that mock that didn't go in the 1st round......that's almost half. That being off by A Lot:omg:

Too lazy to look up, but I think most mocks done the second week in January before the Sr. Bowl and Combine are going to be off by a third or more.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Fair enough.

But weren't Shuler and Dilfer pushed into early service?

I think a lot of times these top quarterbacks flame out because they're not properly groomed and rushed into service too quickly.

That's probably why I favor picking one high now. If we were in a situation where Romo wasn't available, and we had to pick his replacement from this lot, then I'd more likely agree with you. I don't think Goff, Lynch or Wentz are ready to start out of the gate.

However, a year or two (max) learning behind a veteran ala Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, I'm okay with that.

I know we have a lot of holes, but I think we need to prepare for the future. Excluding coaching (and I don't want to argue that here), I think this team is building the right way, i.e., in the trenches. I think you build there and get your quarterback - which ever is easiest or most available.

I honestly believe aside from coaching, this team simply needs bellcow running back and maybe a defensive playmaker whether on the line, linebacker or secondary. I think those three elements (including the ready-to-take-over quarterback-for-Romo both as a backup and as a future prospect) are what this team needs to get back on track. Well, those elements (future-QB/backup QB, bell cow running back, one more defensive playmaker) and health.

I can agree with that.... a series of QB injuries/issues prompted Heath Shuler to start midseason for Washington... Tampa waited until the end of the season to start Dilfer in the final two games.....
Good call by not discussing coaching... I don't think I have the strength right now...lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That will be whoever Cleveland takes at 2. I think they take Goff because he is the more plug and play QB.

I got a sneaky suspicion all the QBs may drop. I see RG3 ending up in Cleveland.....Then they go w/ another position. Perhaps they go get Treadwell...and load up on offense.

And they get Josh Gordon back. Cleveland really wanted RG3 when he was in the draft a few years ago.:rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can agree with that.... a series of QB injuries/issues prompted Heath Shuler to start midseason for Washington... Tampa waited until the end of the season to start Dilfer in the final two games.....
Good call by not discussing coaching... I don't think I have the strength right now...lol

:laugh:

RoboQB

Reaction score
I guess my point, is there may not be 5 prospects who are worth a top 5 pick, just like every year we hear that Dallas only have out 18-22 first round grades. I don't know if Lynch or Wentz will be "worth" top 5 picks, but I do believe that they will have roughly the same value as any other player except Tunsil. Maybe Bosa if Marenelli really likes him, but that's about it.

I look forward to discussing this when we have some things sorted out... hopefully, the QBs will participate in some combine drills (but I doubt it).