Daniel Jeremiah Mock 1.0 - Wentz at 4

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but I am saying people get hooked on popular opinion and use that to value worth in the draft. Each and every year players go way higher or lower than what people think. Nobody not even draft pundits are wired into the process.

It already sickens me in how many mock drafts I see where the author starts with "trading down" and "Carson Wentz".

Aven8

Reaction score
This reminds me of the state of denial people were in a few years ago with Aaron Donald prior to the Senior Bowl.

Oh, no, he will never go that high. We should try to trade down and get more picks, thinking first he would be there and second we were actually that sly to be a team capable of trading down for this hidden talent that nobody else would seem to want.

Then he dominates at the Senior Bowl and people still were denying he would be a top choice.

Then people were shocked when the Rams took him.

I wasn't in that wagon. One look at the tape and his 100 TFL, or whatever his stats were convinced me. People talked about his height and weight, etc but he is a football playing machine. He's the Zach Thomas of Dlinemen.

RS12

Reaction score
This reminds me of the state of denial people were in a few years ago with Aaron Donald prior to the Senior Bowl.

Oh, no, he will never go that high. We should try to trade down and get more picks, thinking first he would be there and second we were actually that sly to be a team capable of trading down for this hidden talent that nobody else would seem to want.

Then he dominates at the Senior Bowl and people still were denying he would be a top choice.

Then people were shocked when the Rams took him.

I can see why Jerry loves most of the fan base. Foresight not in their vocabulary either.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You talk about a new set of triplets. Eli, OBJ AND Elliott? :omg:

Management needs to go all Kevin Costner in draft day and pick the best guy that fits the teams need regardless of where he is projected. A QB isn't going to start this year but the best RB in this years draft would and he may just turn out to be something special.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He can throw it fine at 20 yards or so... 70% completion rate... 3 year starter... doesn't turn it over... and he can be had in the 4-5th round....
Someone will draft him...... didn't a noodle armed QB throw for 433 yards week17?.... I'm not excited about any QB in this draft.. no Elway or Marino there.... just hate the idea of missing a chance to improve fast at another position.

If you're looking for Elway or Marino then no point drafting a QB, let's draft kennan Reynolds and run the navy offense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you're looking for Elway or Marino then no point drafting a QB

We should just wait another year, I guess. No Marino or Elway.

What is funny is people actually say this, but in the same breath swear up and down that picking this high in the draft has zero chance of happening again any time soon.

So next year. Or maybe the year after that.

There will be an Elway when we pick 32nd after winning the Super Bowl and Romo retires, riding off into the sunset.

It will work out that way. You'll see.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Roseman running the show again, I am not all that worried anymore. They have taken what, one top shelf player in Fletcher Cox recently?

They got a few good players, Lane Johnson, Bennie Logan, Jordan Matthews, maybe Zach Ertz, but overall they haven't been good.

The fans are campaigning for best OL available at 13.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
BTW, Lynch... Im just not big fan. I see why people like him but imo he has a slow release and just isn't really going to be a big playmaker from the QB position. He's a Joe Flacco type QB that's going to be trying to win games 13-10 every week.

jmo, but I think you're being a bit harsh on Joe Flacco. he's never had the playmakers around him to produce an elite offense. the best players he's had are an old Anquan Boldin and an old Steve Smith, but not even at the same time.

Also worth noting that in 2014 they were 12th in the NFL with 25.6 ppg, in 2012 they were 10th in the NFL with 24.9 ppg, 2011 12th with 23.6 ppg.

And as far as Lynch, I think he *could* be as good as Ben Rothlisberger, which is about the same upside I see for Wentz.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
They got a few good players, Lane Johnson, Bennie Logan, Jordan Matthews, maybe Zach Ertz, but overall they haven't been good.

They fans are campaigning for best OL available at 13.

They really could use a guard. Jason Peters is getting up there in age, so if you get a chance to replace him with Stanley, you do it, but they are fine at LT-C-RT.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They really could use a guard. Jason Peters is getting up there in age, so if you get a chance to replace him with Stanley, you do it, but they are fine at LT-C-RT.

They need 2 Gs. Both guys who started last year are backup types.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We should just wait another year, I guess. No Marino or Elway.

What is funny is people actually say this, but in the same breath swear up and down that picking this high in the draft has zero chance of happening again any time soon.

So next year. Or maybe the year after that.

There will be an Elway when we pick 32nd after winning the Super Bowl and Romo retires, riding off into the sunset.

It will work out that way. You'll see.

every fan base does this. I'm pretty sure there's a significant portion of Cleveland's fan base that's clamoring for a non QB. Everyone's afraid to take a QB at the top of the draft, they want to get lucky with a Brady, Romo, Wilson, ect, but that's tough.

however, the reason most QBs fail, is they really don't have the support around them to succeed, which is not the case here, we have the infrastructure in place for a rookie QB to do well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
They need 2 Gs. Both guys who started last year are backup types.

yea, they likely could get by with 1, but clearly not both. I haven't looked at guards at all, since I'm confident we won't be drafting one, but I can't imagine a scenario where they don't pick one high.