Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah on Quinn's defensive philosophy drafting players

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If they draft Gordon this year it renders your 2nd and 3rd round picks from last year useless unless Gordon busts.

Brown and Lewis are still here as well. Diggs mans one side.

Awful use of resources. They need to get over the obsession of trying to cover all day.

I'm glad that guys can be "sudden and dynamic" on the tackle after a reception for a first down, but....come on already with the corners high.

Invest in the trenches....or ANYWHERE......except corner. My goodness already
If Gordon is available when they draft, and if he's clearly the bpa, I don't give a crap about the last two drafts, they should take him.

There are three starting CB's on defense anyway, not 2. Defenses spend a LOT more time in nickel/dime then they do in run fronts.

conner01

Reaction score
I like Joseph.I think he could be very solid.Dean is a stud.Two athletic freak LB’s would be nice w/ Micah and Dean.I think he’ll be drafted before he ever gets to us, but you never know.
I agree
Dean could help this team but he’s not likely to be there
I do think we draft one or two LB in this draft because we sure need them
Cox looked good but if Gregory is gone that leaves very little at LB since Micah will be on the dline

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Gordon is available when they draft, and if he's clearly the bpa, I don't give a crap about the last two drafts, they should take him.

There are three starting CB's on defense anyway, not 2. Defenses spend a LOT more time in nickel/dime then they do in run fronts.
I have a tough time even meeting you halfway on that one sir.

Normally yes as to your point in general, but back to the draft only improvement strategy.

Can't keep throwing premium picks at corners every year.

No corner is all that special any more. Rules don't allow it.

visionary

Reaction score
Objective is to get to and win the SB

now that can be 20 games

I don’t want small players in the middle

Give me a real 1T and a real MLB thumper
Then have fast players around them

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill was all Marinelli and many teams had McGovern very highly rated.The draft is always a crapshoot.You never know.

I'm not interested in what many teams had rated. The goal is to take the right players not the popular choice at the time.

Those two picks back to back are horrific and this fake draft guru needs to own them. Like he needs to own his expert evaluation that Taco Charlton was a better option here than T.J. Watt. Or that that stiff Nahshon Wright was worth a 3rd round pick. After wasting one before that in Chauncey Golston.

Lucky to have him.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm not interested in what many teams had rated. The goal is to take the right players not the popular choice at the time.

Those two picks back to back are horrific and this fake draft guru needs to own them. Like he needs to own his expert evaluation that Taco Charlton was a better option here than T.J. Watt.
Maybe that wasn’t his call?You ever consider that?Marinelli, unfortunately, yielded a lot of power.Bottom line is McClay has a pretty good eye for talent.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe that wasn’t his call?You ever consider that?Marinelli, unfortunately, yielded a lot of power.Bottom line is McClay has a pretty good eye for talent.

Yeah he has a pretty good eye for talent if you pretend all the good players were his call and all the bad ones weren't.

Oh and btw, he told Bryan Broaddus he thought Taco was a better fit in Dallas. A horrific evaluation that should have gotten him fired.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Certainly not.Until you know who exactly had final say,shouldn’t rip McClay who is very highly respected throughout the league.

Um, bubba? I'll judge the entire body of work and I'll trust Bryan Broaddus didn't lie on the air when he told us McClay told him he preferred Taco over Watt.

How is McClay highly respected around the league? Who have you talked to make such a claim?

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Um, bubba? I'll judge the entire body of work and I'll trust Bryan Broaddus didn't lie on the air when he told us McClay told him he preferred Taco over Watt.

How is McClay highly respected around the league? Who have you talked to make such a claim?
Common knowledge bubba! I like Broaddus, listen to him on the fan,but didn’t he get canned?Maybe true, maybe not, but there were many teams that passed on him, like us wasn’t a scheme fit even though that turned out to be wrong decision.A lot of flat out luck goes into picks and how successful they might be.

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Fans/posters been saying this every year since Jimmy left.......lol
Realistically, neither Maryland, Jones, or Lett were 1 techs. I agree that we’d all like to see a powerful beast that can’t be blocked and who pushed the pocket back, but honestly, Jimmy didn’t have a 1 tech in the championship rotations either. What he did have were 3 excellent DTs who could all get the job done. Our problem is we don’t really have even one DT currently that has reached the level of Maryland, Jones, or Lett.
It doesn’t matter if you have a 1 tech beast that allows an average 3 tech to excel or if you have 3 290 DTs who are all capable of winning matchups.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of how Jimmy built his 90s on speed.....either this maybe gives an idea of what we can expect

I mentioned Dean if Quinn returned as the DC as a type of backer he would love with the success he had in Atlanta with D. Jones.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That's all very well in September and October. When you get to December and January how are these under sized players feeling in themselves. Bill Parcells always preferred bigger guys. I think speed is overrated on a DEF. You need a combination of size and speed amongst your personnel.
The linebacker position isn't about size, strength or even speed, but elite instincts. Beat your blocker to a spot. Sean Lee for years when healthy was tremendous cause of his elite instincts at the position.

Reactions: BAT