Daniel Wallach predicts Zeke will win

tyke1doe

Reaction score
wrong. appeals go to the 5th circuit court of appeals (Louisiana) because the motion was filed in texas. you can't just make your appeal on a ruling go to any court you want.
Okay. Thanks.
But didn't the NFL file in a NY court? What happens to that case?

HanD

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks.
But didn't the NFL file in a NY court? What happens to that case?

they filed that as a hail mary. because the NFLPA filed in texas first, the texas judge would have to give up the case to ny for it to go there. otherwise the ny court will throw the case out. NFLPA have already filed a motion to have it thrown out in ny.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
they filed that as a hail mary. because the NFLPA filed in texas first, the texas judge would have to give up the case to ny for it to go there. otherwise the ny court will throw the case out. NFLPA have already filed a motion to have it thrown out in ny.
Thanks.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It just screams to me of someone who failed to do their homework. Someone speaking who doesn't know what they're talking about.

It's surprising how many people that I've listened to who get paid to know this stuff speak out of ignorance on the subject.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.
You have to realize these people esp in sports media are higher paid versions of us on any messageboard giving their views. They just on tv so people pay more attention when as you can see most times there isn't any difference. This isn't a pro athletes and the avg person thing

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because the NFL will appeal an unfavorable Texas ruling, and that appeal will be filed in NY.
And if that NY court reinstates the suspension, Zeke will appeal to the Supreme Court where that NY corrupt court crap won't fly.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
If the NFL has clear convictions they should refute Kia's opinions instead of trying to hide them. They likely thought they'd never come out.
Lisa Friel tried to and it was an epic fail. I will try to find the link, it was something along the lines of she didn't believe that Kia necessarily knew what questions to ask and what to look for to establish how credible a person is. Well of course that begs the question, why didn't you do the interview yourself then? Also, have you seen Kia Roberts credentials?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Lisa Friel tried to and it was an epic fail. I will try to find the link, it was something along the lines of she didn't believe that Kia necessarily knew what questions to ask and what to look for to establish how credible a person is. Well of course that begs the question, why didn't you do the interview yourself then? Also, have you seen Kia Roberts credentials?
Please find it so I can laugh on the outside cry on the inside more at the injustice taking place.

This is honestly hard to believe.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
And if that NY court reinstates the suspension, Zeke will appeal to the Supreme Court where that NY corrupt court crap won't fly.
Then his case is in the hands of the conservative majority.

The clear injustice of this case may help open some eyes.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing, Mazzant may skip the TRO altogether and go straight to the injunction.
Sounds very good. Where'd you hear it?

After the injunction what happens legally? He hears the case ? Another court?

Cowboys22

Reaction score

The injunction will be appealed by the NFL. It would be better to get the TRO and then 14 days later get the injunction.

HanD

Reaction score

if TRO, then a case with Judge Mazzant will come next.

if injunction granted, nfl will appeal to 5th circuit in Louisiana.

hearing that both have very large case loads so unless they decide to prioritize, it could take a while to go to court.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not what the CBA says...the Commissioner's office doesn't have to prove CRAP...they can do what they want...It's like right to work. My place of work can fire me pretty much for any reason OR with cause. You sign those type of agreements when you go to work. Similar thing. It is absolute garbage but it is the deal agreed upon by ALL parties. end of story...Brady got 4 games for letting air out of a football. You can't get any dumber of a suspension than that IMO.. The players need to suck it up and renegotiate the next one better. My only problem with this one is it's a very serious charge that hurts Zeke financially and his reputation. Hope he can turn it around, he's probably always felt untouchable.

Your employer can't dock your pay without cause.

There are limits on Goodell but Zeke's Lawyers will have to show that Goodell exceeded those limits.

The NFLPA has to get some of these issues resolved in the next CBA.

My theory is that the NFL wants the NFLPA to be over-focused on these issues and not focused on money related issues. For enough monetary concessions from the players, the owners would exile Goodell to Siberia.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

I'm not sure if it is good if it speeds up the process. A ruling on the TRO would give 14-28 days until the next step. We'd be nearly halfway through the season at that point.