Daniel Wallach predicts Zeke will win

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Others that agreed with you didn't even read my post...they just jumped on you tryna act all crusader against someone whom you wrongly presumed was some morality police...my post was totally clear to the cat I was discussing the issue with. How 'bout you ask the question what I meant by "track record" instead of being completely arrogant and presuming you knew what I meant...just cuz you got some vendetta going about what others are saying and you actin like a hammer and everything is a nail...seek to understand before trying to condemn...or you can sit there and fire off your lame attempts and finger pointing and feel all good inside...
Im not a crusader at all but I guess that what happens when folks get upset. I didn't wrongly presume your words say as much. Maybe you should word them differently. How about you make it clear from the start so I don't have to ask? Yes I can be quite arrogant but that's not a bad thing to me so try again. I don't feel good by saying you're on your high horse. I just call it as I see it. You're nobody but a name on here just like me so what satisfaction can I get from saying what I say about you? Stop overvaluing yourself smh.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wish I could agree with you. But it's going to end in a NY court. And the court there is favorably disposed to Goodell.
I don't know why think the world revolves around NY but that would explain your opinion.

Reaction score
I feel the same now. Im ready to move on and so should he. People should know this by now but there isnt going to be any justice for Zeke nor the alleged victim. They are just simple pawns to a bigger Public relations scheme.

My advice to Zeke is take the six games. Use it to motivate you in life.
I agree in one respect: I don't think Zeke is going to win. He's going to have to sit out 6 games at some point.

But I disagree in another respect: I think he has to fight the NFL has hard as legally possible. It is his name and reputation at stake. If he is indeed innocent he has to fight it as hard as humanly possible.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Im not a crusader at all but I guess that what happens when folks get upset. I didn't wrongly presume your words say as much. Maybe you should word them differently. How about you make it clear from the start so I don't have to ask? Yes I can be quite arrogant but that's not a bad thing to me so try again. I don't feel good by saying you're on your high horse. I just call it as I see it. You're nobody but a name on here just like me so what satisfaction can I get from saying what I say about you? Stop overvaluing yourself smh.

Ok Phil...I will take my own advice and seek to understand...and yes, I could tell without you telling me that you struggle with arrogance (takes one to know one I suppose). And, if you didn't feel good about something then don't point to others liking your post as a proof point of your being on the side of right...and be careful not to hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. :)

So, what seems to have triggered your initial reaction was my use of the term "track record"...you IMMEDIATELY went to this place in your response accusing me of being on some moral high horse where I was conflating all the things Zeke was caught up with in terms of media coverage with a pattern of women beating (e.g., pot dispensary, the top pulldown, the recent bar incident or, prior to that, the reputation he had at OSU for drinking and partying, which his own head coach got on him about...something that even his parents were worried about and what prompted his own dad to express concern over whether his son knows how to navigate life as a superstar). So...the mere MENTION of the term "track record" was interpreted BY YOU as I equated all these other things with woman beating and that I was over moralizing his circumstance (that was the ONLY possible conclusion of what I meant according to you)...that more or less accurately reflect the course of our exchange or am I missing something? So you saw one particular phrase and then took this big leap on what I intended by it and told me I should be more clear...yeah...OK. Phil, some friendly advice my man...learn some humility (as I've had to in life) and learn not to take such liberties with forcing evidence to fit a predetermined conclusion. Otherwise, I would have to guess that your last name is Goddell.

Furthermore, if you have ever encountered ANY of my post, you will see someone who has been fair and balanced when it comes to Zeke. I have even said on numerous occasions that I can't imagine growing up as a teenager/young person in the age of social media and 24/7 news cycles...let alone doing it as a superstar athlete. I have even been a vehement supporter of his innocence in the TT situation even though, through that process, we've seen that the dude has significant "warts" on his character.

So, please enlighten me (this poor undervalued soul that I am)...if I am not supposed to use the term "track record" to describe the other issues Zeke has had at OSU and since he's joined the Cowboys, what description would you sanction? A series of unrelated, unfortunate events, perhaps?

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't routinely release its investigative reports does it?

The full Ray Rice report was released: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mueller-releases-report-on-rice-investigation

The Deflategate Report was also immediately made public. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eport-released-on-footballs-used-in-afc-title

That's WHY the fact NFL insisted on initially trying to hide it's Investigative Report on Elliott drew such attention at the time.

If there's anything else you don't know, be sure to ask. I know how to use Google n' stuff.

HanD

Reaction score
I wish I could agree with you. But it's going to end in a NY court. And the court there is favorably disposed to Goodell.

why do you think it'll end up in ny? That is the whole reason NFLPA filed in texas first. first filed gets to keep the case unless that judge defers. NY doesn't get to take the case from TX because it or the nfl wants to decide where the case will be.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ok Phil...I will take my own advice and seek to understand...and yes, I could tell without you telling me that you struggle with arrogance (takes one to know one I suppose). And, if you didn't feel good about something then don't point to others liking your post as a proof point of your being on the side of right...and be careful not to hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. :)

So, what seems to have triggered your initial reaction was my use of the term "track record"...you IMMEDIATELY went to this place in your response accusing me of being on some moral high horse where I was conflating all the things Zeke was caught up with in terms of media coverage with a pattern of women beating (e.g., pot dispensary, the top pulldown, the recent bar incident or, prior to that, the reputation he had at OSU for drinking and partying, which his own head coach got on him about...something that even his parents were worried about and what prompted his own dad to express concern over whether his son knows how to navigate life as a superstar). So...the mere MENTION of the term "track record" was interpreted BY YOU as I equated all these other things with woman beating and that I was over moralizing his circumstance (that was the ONLY possible conclusion of what I meant according to you)...that more or less accurately reflect the course of our exchange or am I missing something? So you saw one particular phrase and then took this big leap on what I intended by it and told me I should be more clear...yeah...OK. Phil, some friendly advice my man...learn some humility (as I've had to in life) and learn not to take such liberties with forcing evidence to fit a predetermined conclusion. Otherwise, I would have to guess that your last name is Goddell.

Furthermore, if you have ever encountered ANY of my post, you will see someone who has been fair and balanced when it comes to Zeke. I have even said on numerous occasions that I can't imagine growing up as a teenager/young person in the age of social media and 24/7 news cycles...let alone doing it as a superstar athlete. I have even been a vehement supporter of his innocence in the TT situation even though, through that process, we've seen that the dude has significant "warts" on his character.

So, please enlighten me (this poor undervalued soul that I am)...if I am not supposed to use the term "track record" to describe the other issues Zeke has had at OSU and since he's joined the Cowboys, what description would you sanction? A series of unrelated, unfortunate events, perhaps?
Pointing to others in this case doesn't have jack expletive to do with being on the side of right. It was to show you others might agree with what I said and the reason behind it. Again you have to try harder.

My man I am humble when I need to be. You and no one else thought are about to use humbleness on some flipping messageboard as if this is some serious business/life matter. Spare me with that stuff. If we disagree we disagree but it's not really that big. Once we log off I'm sure we will both be okay.

To be honest I was speaking on your comment I don't stalk you on here so I'm not going by anything but that one post. If you're fair cool if you're not cool too but I haven't had any interaction with you to know besides this right here. That's all I'm going by. How your sentences was phrased it looked like after you said the stuff about the media you interjected how you felt with the honestly and track record part. That's why I quoted you no more no less. You don't like it cool but you'll get over it.

Lastly you shouldn't play victim like you're some weak helpless person it's really unbecoming on us men. Nobody said you were some undervalued soul. I don't care what word you use if I disagree I'm going to post on it same as if I agree.

TheHerd

Reaction score
That's not what the CBA says...the Commissioner's office doesn't have to prove CRAP...they can do what they want...It's like right to work. My place of work can fire me pretty much for any reason OR with cause. You sign those type of agreements when you go to work. Similar thing. It is absolute garbage but it is the deal agreed upon by ALL parties. end of story...Brady got 4 games for letting air out of a football. You can't get any dumber of a suspension than that IMO.. The players need to suck it up and renegotiate the next one better. My only problem with this one is it's a very serious charge that hurts Zeke financially and his reputation. Hope he can turn it around, he's probably always felt untouchable.

Except there are some things you can't sign away. For instance, you signed the employment at will you talked about in the first sentence. But US law still applies over that agreement. So they can't fire you for race, religion, etc. Of course, the burden of proof is higher to get a favorable ruling, but to say they can fire you for any reason isn't true.

In this case, the NFL can suspend Zeke per the collective bargaining agreement almost for any reason under the code of conduct clause. But they didn't specifically use that clause in the suspension, they used "non-collectively bargained for" DV wording and penalty, and specifically called out domestic violence as the reason for the suspension, publically labeling and convicting Zeke of a crime. If Goodell had just said 6 games for conduct issues and not labelled Zeke a DV/women abuser, Henderson would probably have reduced to 4 and this would be over. The fact that the NFL brought a crime into this, and completely used arbitrary and capricious methods to come to their conclsion, give the NFLPA a good chance to "win".

I think "win" in this case will just be a remanding back to the NFL to tighten up the procedures, and if the NFL is smart they will reword the suspension to something in the CBA like conduct detrimental and the suspension will stand. If the NFL sticks to labeling Zeke a DV perpetrator and one step away from lifetime banishment, I think there will be more lawsuits and not all related to football.

The league is overreacting to the threats from the congress of losing their permanent anti-trust exemption status which came up after the Ray Rice fiasco. Why they chose this case and did the investigation in this manner is the head scratching part.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Pointing to others in this case doesn't have jack expletive to do with being on the side of right. It was to show you others might agree with what I said and the reason behind it. Again you have to try harder.

My man I am humble when I need to be. You and no one else thought are about to use humbleness on some flipping messageboard as if this is some serious business/life matter. Spare me with that stuff. If we disagree we disagree but it's not really that big. Once we log off I'm sure we will both be okay.

To be honest I was speaking on your comment I don't stalk you on here so I'm not going by anything but that one post. If you're fair cool if you're not cool too but I haven't had any interaction with you to know besides this right here. That's all I'm going by. How your sentences was phrased it looked like after you said the stuff about the media you interjected how you felt with the honestly and track record part. That's why I quoted you no more no less. You don't like it cool but you'll get over it.

Lastly you shouldn't play victim like you're some weak helpless person it's really unbecoming on us men. Nobody said you were some undervalued soul. I don't care what word you use if I disagree I'm going to post on it same as if I agree.
Shouldn't play victim?!...dang dude...you ain't got a sarcasm detector?! Oh...my bad...it's clear your lack of nuance and propensity for knee-jerk reactions based on superficial interpretations is a deeper problem than I thought. I can't help you friend...you'll just have to wallow in that existence until life teaches you otherwise. Via con Dios amigo.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Shouldn't play victim?!...dang dude...you ain't got a sarcasm detector?! Oh...my bad...it's clear your lack of nuance and propensity for knee-jerk reactions based on superficial interpretations is a deeper problem than I thought. I can't help you friend...you'll just have to wallow in that existence until life teaches you otherwise. Via con Dios amigo.
I want to call you a bad words but it's againsnt the rules. Anywho how am I supposed to know your sarcasm like I know you? Come on. Life will never teach me anything except success because that's all I've saw so far. Maybe you can use your own words for your own help because I don't need them. Go with that friend

robbieruff

Reaction score
I want to call you a bad words but it's againsnt the rules. Anywho how am I supposed to know your sarcasm like I know you? Come on. Life will never teach me anything except success because that's all I've saw so far. Maybe you can use your own words for your own help because I don't need them. Go with that friend
Thanks...it's been entertaining! :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not sure why you think that. The only way it ends up in NY is if a Texas judge allows it to. The NY court cannot take it away from the Texas court.
Where does the appeal of an unfavorable Texas ruling go?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The full Ray Rice report was released: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mueller-releases-report-on-rice-investigation

The Deflategate Report was also immediately made public. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eport-released-on-footballs-used-in-afc-title

That's WHY the fact NFL insisted on initially trying to hide it's Investigative Report on Elliott drew such attention at the time.

If there's anything else you don't know, be sure to ask. I know how to use Google n' stuff.
No need to get snippy. Some of us don't have as much free time. But thank you for your feedback. :)