Daniel Wallach predicts Zeke will win

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I feel the same now. Im ready to move on and so should he. People should know this by now but there isnt going to be any justice for Zeke nor the alleged victim. They are just simple pawns to a bigger Public relations scheme.

My advice to Zeke is take the six games. Use it to motivate you in life.
You might feel differently if you were actually in Zeke's shoes. I don't know with certainty that he's innocent (or guilty), but from everything I've read (and I've read about everything there is to read on the subject) there is a high probability he was set up...first by his accuser, and now by the league. I would fight to the bitter end if I were innocent. I'm presuming he is innocent and that he will choose to fight this to the end.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The idiots that keep harping on CBA rule 46 are going to be left befuddled with their mouths open when this thing is finally resolved. The more time it takes this thing to get through the courts, the better Zeke will look in the court of public opinion because the truth shall set you free. The story will get out how Zeke was ramrodded by the commish and the facts that exonerate him ignored.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I posted last night that I think that is coming as soon as they get their TRO. That is the "more news" Jerry promised was coming. Can anyone remember the league ever finding a player guilty of a felony who wasn't even charged by the legal system? I think there is a huge fight coming to challenge their right to do that. I just don't see how a private entity can investigate a private citizen and proclaim them guilty of a crime. Even if they can do what they did, they should not be allowed to publically proclaim someone committed a crime. That is for the police and the justice system to determine.
Greg Hardy

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I believe Ray Rice won against the league. So go stick Rule 46 up yo butt. :)

That was a double punishment. It didn't deal with if he could be punished or what the punishment would be.

diefree666

Reaction score
Greg Hardy

technically he was convicted once. By a known activist judge who had been on a DV victims panel. After that the claims are that Hardy paid her off which might be true- she sort of disappeared. BUT even that is questionable since news has leaked since that she stayed nearby and was not hard to find if you really wanted to. The DA claimed they could not find her.

HOWEVER she was a crack ho and very unstable and the main reason the DA did not go further was because any halfway competent Defense attorney would have DESTROYED her on the stand thus ending the trial.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
technically he was convicted once. By a known activist judge who had been on a DV victims panel. After that the claims are that Hardy paid her off which might be true- she sort of disappeared. BUT even that is questionable since news has leaked since that she stayed nearby and was not hard to find if you really wanted to. The DA claimed they could not find her.

HOWEVER she was a crack ho and very unstable and the main reason the DA did not go further was because any halfway competent Defense attorney would have DESTROYED her on the stand thus ending the trial.
His suspension was upheld after his conviction was overturned.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idiots that keep harping on CBA rule 46 are going to be left befuddled with their mouths open when this thing is finally resolved. The more time it takes this thing to get through the courts, the better Zeke will look in the court of public opinion because the truth shall set you free. The story will get out how Zeke was ramrodded by the commish and the facts that exonerate him ignored.

It just screams to me of someone who failed to do their homework. Someone speaking who doesn't know what they're talking about.

It's surprising how many people that I've listened to who get paid to know this stuff speak out of ignorance on the subject.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.

diefree666

Reaction score
His suspension was upheld after his conviction was overturned.

still the NFL was somewhat able to justify that by pointing to the first instance.

WHICH is one of the big problems with the NFL going this route. It says it can cherry pick what the legal system does or does not do and it does not matter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
still the NFL was somewhat able to justify that by pointing to the first instance.

WHICH is one of the big problems with the NFL going this route. It says it can cherry pick what the legal system does or does not do and it does not matter.
The upheld suspension after the conviction is overturned says the legal system's view has no bearing on how the NFL redressed alleged violations of their policy.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Brother. It appears you've completely misinterpreted what I was saying in that post. The point I was making was NOT that the other issues are tantamount to Zeke beating women (or even anything close to that); what I was saying is no reporter is going to pursue any sort of apologist defense of him in general because he's shown to have a string of off-field issues that raise red flags about his character. Unless you think him a model citizen...if that's the case then I can't help you.

There was an overall context to the flow of the conversation you decided to join into. While I certainly welcome any new opinions you may want to share, please take a bit of time to understand the context and nuance of the discussion before jumping in with some blunt instrument comment offering some generalization about "yall". I'm sure there are posters here who want to paint an all bad picture of Zeke and everything he has supposedly done. I'm not one of them. But I am balanced and objective enough to admit that media coverage of him is going to be reluctant to jump to his defense and claim his innocence given some of the volatile behavior he's exhibited outside of the TT situation. I'm puzzled why anyone would have an issue with that line of thinking.
Nah brother spare me all of that jumping in stuff. Maybe you should have phrased your comment I quoted better where it didn't look like exactly what I said. Don't try to put the blame on me when others agree with my post so I assume they got the same takeaway as me. If you'd put what you put now I wouldn't quoted you so again post more clearer and don't use some context to describe away your comment that without your explanation looks one way period.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Nah brother spare me all of that jumping in stuff. Maybe you should have phrased your comment I quoted better where it didn't look like exactly what I said. Don't try to put the blame on me when others agree with my post so I assume they got the same takeaway as me. If you'd put what you put now I wouldn't quoted you so again post more clearer and don't use some context to describe away your comment that without your explanation looks one way period.
Others that agreed with you didn't even read my post...they just jumped on you tryna act all crusader against someone whom you wrongly presumed was some morality police...my post was totally clear to the cat I was discussing the issue with. How 'bout you ask the question what I meant by "track record" instead of being completely arrogant and presuming you knew what I meant...just cuz you got some vendetta going about what others are saying and you actin like a hammer and everything is a nail...seek to understand before trying to condemn...or you can sit there and fire off your lame attempts and finger pointing and feel all good inside...

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The moment the suspension was first announced AND the NFL stated it wasn't going to publicly release the investigative report upon which the suspension was based, I knew they had no faith in their own case.

And nothing I've seen since has changed my mind on that.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
You might feel differently if you were actually in Zeke's shoes. I don't know with certainty that he's innocent (or guilty), but from everything I've read (and I've read about everything there is to read on the subject) there is a high probability he was set up...first by his accuser, and now by the league. I would fight to the bitter end if I were innocent. I'm presuming he is innocent and that he will choose to fight this to the end.

I agree but there will be limits to how far he can go.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wish I could agree with you. But it's going to end in a NY court. And the court there is favorably disposed to Goodell.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The moment the suspension was first announced AND the NFL stated it wasn't going to publicly release the investigative report upon which the suspension was based, I knew they had no faith in their own case.

And nothing I've seen since has changed my mind on that.
The NFL doesn't routinely release its investigative reports does it?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
See I hear this part a lot but I know that Kessler was supposed to address some of the credible evidence language in the personal conduct policy and there were some twitter sports lawyers pointing to that language as well. The rest of your post is wrong too but I'm just curious about that specific language.

In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not
convicted, he may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy.

And here's no less an authority than Mr. Kessler, who btw has been running circles around the NFL and all the internet lawyers since he stepped onto the scene, arguing exactly what you are denying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/905173194667151360

If he's right here, and he references previous decisions in there as well where the NFL used that language, then the whole focus only on Roberts and the process seems poorly aimed. It seems that if they can make that case the league has no shot but everyone only focuses on the process aspect.
People are generally lazy on things they don't understand so I'm not surprised. It's when folks are on tv that get paid you'd think they'd actually look up some things for themselves and it seems like most have not. I don't think I've heard anyone mention that you have to have credible evidence and that could be possibly a way Zeke could win this appeal. It's like going to a mechanic that can't fix cars lol

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'm hoping Zeke and his team legally effectively do this to the NFL in court. This entire over one year process has been a time-wasting and distracting sham.
giphy.gif