Danny's next embarrassing ploy

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2426743 said:
It's not ok to say Sean Taylor was overrated? Because he was.
It's not ok to say, other than the fact he was murdered, because it's total BS. Ask any fan of any team if they think he was overrated, they will laugh in your face. In the few years he was alive to play, he dominated the position more than nearly every player to ever play it.

Ask TO if Sean Taylor was overrated. Better yet, find some safeties that did more in a career than he did in his less than 4 years of play, then we'll talk.

Like someone already stated, you're a disgusting human being. And you obviously have no respect for great players unless they play for your team. Do you think Barry Sanders was overrated too?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Extreme;2426795 said:
It's not ok to say, other than the fact he was murdered, because it's total BS. Ask any fan of any team if they think he was overrated, they will laugh in your face. In the few years he was alive to play, he dominated the position more than nearly every player to ever play it.

Ask TO if Sean Taylor was overrated. Better yet, find some safeties that did more in a career than he did in his less than 4 years of play, then we'll talk.

Like someone already stated, you're a disgusting human being. And you obviously have no respect for great players unless they play for your team. Do you think Barry Sanders was overrated too?

He was a GOOD player, not even close to GREAT. Had a long way to go before he could have been called great.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Extreme;2426795 said:

I don't think Sean Taylor was over rated.

I do think Barry Sanders could be...have always contended he could be as much a detriment to his team as an asset.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Extreme;2426795 said:
I...Ask any fan of any team if they think he was overrated, they will laugh in your face. In the few years he was alive to play, he dominated the position more than nearly every player to ever play it.

I rest my case.

Extreme;2426795 said:

Actually, because I don't want to be overrated myself, nobody had stated yet that I'm a disgusting human being. You happen to be right, though. I'm sitting in my own filth right now as a matter of fact. Touching myself and arguing over the internet with a possible ****** who takes himself and his football team way too seriously. Disgusting.

Yes, Barry Sanders was overrated, too.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
For those saying Taylor wasn't great, check out pro football reference and check your facts. Taylor played 55 games. Compare his stats to those considered as the greatest safeties ever.....Ronnie Lott, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Dick Lane, Jack Tatum, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamalu, and Steve Atwater. Take the best 55 games of their careers, and Taylor blew every single one of them out of the water except for Ronnie Lott.

Longevity means nothing but records, it doesn't determine greatness. As much as I hate the guy, if Tom Brady never played another snap, could you say he isn't one of the great quarterbacks? He hasn't played long, but he has the numbers to back it.

There are many clips on youtube of guys ducking out of the way, shortarming, and stopping dead in their tracks, just out of fear of being hit by Taylor. How many players in any position can you say that about?

If he was a Cowboy with the same stats, those calling him overrated would be praising him as the greatest safety ever. It's ok to admit a player from another team was great. I don't think Emmitt was the greatest RB ever, but he's in my top 3. Give respect where respect is due.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2426816 said:
Yes, Barry Sanders was overrated, too.
So overrated that it took Emmitt almost 5 full years more to surpass his totals?

Barry AVERAGED 1526 yards per season over 10 years. Emmitt only got higher than that in what, 2 seasons out of 15?

And Sanders did it behind one of the worst lines in history, while Emmitt had all the pressure off of him because of all the weapons Dallas had.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Extreme;2426832 said:
So overrated that it took Emmitt almost 5 full years more to surpass his totals?

Barry AVERAGED 1526 yards per season over 10 years. Emmitt only got higher than that in what, 2 seasons out of 15?

And Sanders did it behind one of the worst lines in history, while Emmitt had all the pressure off of him because of all the weapons Dallas had.

Both of these are silly arguments that have been hashed many times before on this board. I'm not going to go through them again with you again.

Taylor, even as a developed player, had poor metrics defending deep balls. He was victimized in direct coverage during his full pro bowl season. I know there are youtube clips out there with anecdotal evidence that he could lay the wood (and he could), but even in run support he wasn't one of the best ever. He was a phenomenal talent that hadn't learned to play up to his considerable ability.

Sanders was an all-time great player. He got a lot of yards. He was still overrated, and had he been a Cowboy I'd be saying the same thing. He's behind Brown, Payton, Smith, and Dickerson in my book where many have him in the top 2.

In any event, it's possible to suggest that someone--even somebody who's dead--is overrated without being a disgusting person or a lunatic. Personally, where I have nothing but sympathy for Sean Taylor's family, and I was proud of how this board conducted itself during the events succeeding his murder, I think the Washington fan-base's melodrama about Sean Taylor is embarrassing. It's a better testament to a person to evaluate him honestly and respect him appropriately than it is to gnash teeth, wail, and rend clothing whenever somebody suggests the guy was anything short of an American Hero.

kmd24

Reaction score
Extreme;2426832 said:

I know what you are trying to do, but for the love of all that is holy, don't turn this into an Emmitt/Barry comparison thread. There are plenty archived in usenet history if tilting at windmills is your thing.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2426795 said:

are you freakin' kidding me? are you daft, man?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2426830 said:
For those saying Taylor wasn't great, check out pro football reference and check your facts. Taylor played 55 games. Compare his stats to those considered as the greatest safeties ever.....Ronnie Lott, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Dick Lane, Jack Tatum, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamalu, and Steve Atwater. Take the best 55 games of their careers, and Taylor blew every single one of them out of the water except for Ronnie Lott.

Longevity means nothing but records, it doesn't determine greatness. As much as I hate the guy, if Tom Brady never played another snap, could you say he isn't one of the great quarterbacks? He hasn't played long, but he has the numbers to back it.

There are many clips on youtube of guys ducking out of the way, shortarming, and stopping dead in their tracks, just out of fear of being hit by Taylor. How many players in any position can you say that about?

If he was a Cowboy with the same stats, those calling him overrated would be praising him as the greatest safety ever. It's ok to admit a player from another team was great. I don't think Emmitt was the greatest RB ever, but he's in my top 3. Give respect where respect is due.

look at this stat, in the year of our Lord, 2006, Sean Taylor gave up the most passing TDs in NFL history

one of the greatest ever, that's a freakin' joke

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2426924 said:
look at this stat, in the year of our Lord, 2006, Sean Taylor gave up the most passing TDs in NFL history

one of the greatest ever, that's a freakin' joke
Do you have any evidence to back up that BS, or do you expect everyone to take your lies at your word?

Even if true, which it's not, FS are the LAST line of defense, so technically the TDs are given up by CBs.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2426582 said:
Dont be so quick to judge, I still have my cowboys playoff towel in my drawer with my nfc championship tickets.

all teams do this.

That was the playoffs.

This was a regular season game after the Commanders got shown up at home by the Steelers fans.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Extreme;2426830 said:

dick "nighttrain" lane was a cb who hit like a safety.

one of the most feared tacklers ever.

sean taylor was an amazing talent with the agility of a lion...he would have only got better had his life not been snuffed out.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2426947 said:
Do you have any evidence to back up that BS, or do you expect everyone to take your lies at your word?

Even if true, which it's not, FS are the LAST line of defense, so technically the TDs are given up by CBs.

he gave up 11 TDs in '06, led the league

I confused him w/ you guys having the fewest sacks in league history that year

one of the best of all-time...yeah ****ing right, dude, he had half a great season, last year, but other than that, was a penalty prone, play-giving up safety, who's biggest highlight will be knocking out a P in an All-Star game

safeties can't give up TDs, it's always the corner's fault? are you kidding again??

jackrussell

Reaction score
Extreme;2426832 said:

That is a complete falsity. NOW look who's ignoring the 'facts'.

Hey, we know the drill...Emmitt was great because of Irvin...Irvin was great because of Aikman...Aikman was great because of Emmitt...round and round we go...yada yada yada....same old song. Anything new to add? Doubt it.

Trying to prop up your boy by tearing down a Cowboy on a Cowboy's forum is an asinine way to prove your point.

Mansta54

Reaction score
jackrussell;2426998 said:
That is a complete falsity. NOW look who's ignoring the 'facts'.

Hey, we know the drill...Emmitt was great because of Irvin...Irvin was great because of Aikman...Aikman was great because of Emmitt...round and round we go...yada yada yada....same old song. Anything new to add? Doubt it.

Trying to prop up your boy by tearing down a Cowboy on a Cowboy's forum is an asinine way to prove your point.

Hey hey, easy on the TROLL. Her feelings are still hurt after that PHYSICAL whuppin last nite... Go easy on the LOSER!!!!:lmao2:

jackrussell

Reaction score
Bach;2426958 said:
That was the playoffs.

This was a regular season game after the Commanders got shown up at home by the Steelers fans.

I was at a game at Texas Stadium in the mid to late 90's and they gave out some Deion Sanders' towels.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2426752 said:
I've never thought that having fans all dress in one color was much of a ploy to get the crown excited. (Do the fans say, "Woohoo, we're all wearing white shirts"?) The only things that might do are look good on TV and maybe intimidate a weak-minded opponent.

Ouch, touche :laugh2:

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2426795 said:

He is a disgusting human being for calling a deceased person overrated? Your a joke. And he was overrated. And saying someone is overrated is all opinion. And that is my opinion as well.