Danny's next embarrassing ploy

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2426947 said:
Do you have any evidence to back up that BS, or do you expect everyone to take your lies at your word?

Even if true, which it's not, FS are the LAST line of defense, so technically the TDs are given up by CBs

:lmao2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jackrussell;2427007 said:
I was at a game at Texas Stadium in the mid to late 90's and they gave out some Deion Sanders' towels.

love the location dude.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
theebs;2427042 said:
I hope he hits the road again in the next year. I am still bitter I missed him this tour.

Just now cleaning up some over due credit debt from the last one, but always ready for more! What a year it was.

random Cs

Reaction score
jackrussell;2426998 said:
That is a complete falsity. NOW look who's ignoring the 'facts'.

Hey, we know the drill...Emmitt was great because of Irvin...Irvin was great because of Aikman...Aikman was great because of Emmitt...round and round we go...yada yada yada....same old song. Anything new to add? Doubt it.

Trying to prop up your boy by tearing down a Cowboy on a Cowboy's forum is an asinine way to prove your point.
Emmitt was great, Barry was great. Emmitt played on a great team, Barry played on a good team. (their O-Line was one of the good things about it, in reality they were a mediocre/poor team)

That's it.

Taylor28;2427012 said:
He is a disgusting human being for calling a deceased person overrated? Your a joke. And he was overrated. And saying someone is overrated is all opinion. And that is my opinion as well.
We will never know how good he could have been and its sad. It doesn't sound like you think so though. Rivalries do that sometimes.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Extreme;2426830 said:
For those saying Taylor wasn't great, check out pro football reference and check your facts. Taylor played 55 games. Compare his stats to those considered as the greatest safeties ever.....Ronnie Lott, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Dick Lane, Jack Tatum, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamalu, and Steve Atwater. Take the best 55 games of their careers, and Taylor blew every single one of them out of the water except for Ronnie Lott...............

If he was a Cowboy with the same stats, those calling him overrated would be praising him as the greatest safety ever. It's ok to admit a player from another team was great. I don't think Emmitt was the greatest RB ever, but he's in my top 3. Give respect where respect is due.

How about I compare him to Roy Williams

First 4 years

Tackles

Taylor 238 solo 61 assists

Williams 284 solo 61 assists

ADV Williams

Sacks

Taylor 2

Williams 6.5

ADV Williams

Pass Deflections

Taylor 34

Williams 24

ADV Taylor

INTS

Taylor 12

Williams 12

ADV Push

TDs

Taylor 0

Williams 3

ADV Williams

Using the criteria you want to use Roy Williams is one of the greatest safeties to have ever played agree?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Extreme;2426832 said:
So overrated that it took Emmitt almost 5 full years more to surpass his totals?

Barry AVERAGED 1526 yards per season over 10 years. Emmitt only got higher than that in what, 2 seasons out of 15?

And Sanders did it behind one of the worst lines in history, while Emmitt had all the pressure off of him because of all the weapons Dallas had.

Sanders had 15269 yards

ummm no, it took Emmitt 18 more games to pass Barry's total

It took Payton 190 games to set the record took Emmitt 192 to break it

Any other misinformation you need help with?

Dallyjake

Reaction score
This Extreme dude should just go hide. Every thread I read he is getting hazed. Facts win everytime over homer flavored kool aid.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Extreme;2426830 said:
For those saying Taylor wasn't great, check out pro football reference and check your facts. Taylor played 55 games. Compare his stats to those considered as the greatest safeties ever.....Ronnie Lott, Darren Sharper, Brian Dawkins, Dick Lane, Jack Tatum, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamalu, and Steve Atwater. Take the best 55 games of their careers, and Taylor blew every single one of them out of the water except for Ronnie Lott.
Longevity means nothing but records, it doesn't determine greatness. As much as I hate the guy, if Tom Brady never played another snap, could you say he isn't one of the great quarterbacks? He hasn't played long, but he has the numbers to back it.

There are many clips on youtube of guys ducking out of the way, shortarming, and stopping dead in their tracks, just out of fear of being hit by Taylor. How many players in any position can you say that about?

If he was a Cowboy with the same stats, those calling him overrated would be praising him as the greatest safety ever. It's ok to admit a player from another team was great. I don't think Emmitt was the greatest RB ever, but he's in my top 3. Give respect where respect is due.

Ok, I will take you up on this. I compared Taylor's stats to our very own Roy Williams (which I am sure you woud agree that he is not one of the greatest of all time). The results? Taylor was comparable to RW - far removed from blowing him out of the water. Obviously skins fans are creating their very own myth called the greatness of Sean Taylor :rolleyes: Funny how when someone passes the legend of how good they were grows beyond the truth. The reality is Taylor was a very good NFL safety, just like RW was. Nothing more, nothing less

Roy Williams:

G...........55
Tot Tkl... 302.0
Tkl.........246.0
Ast.........56.0
Sacks.....6.5
Int.........10.0
Yds........212.0
TD..........2.0
Pass Def..30.0
FF..........8.0
FRec.......5.0
FTD........0.0

Sean Taylor:

G...........55
Tot Tkl....299.0
Tkl.........238.0
Ast.........61.0
Sacks.....2.0
Int.........12.0
Yds........242.0
TD..........0.0
Pass Def..34.0
FF..........8.0
FRec.......1.0
FTD........1.0

DallasInDC

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2427219 said:
How about I compare him to Roy Williams

Using the criteria you want to use Roy Williams is one of the greatest safeties to have ever played agree?

Looks like you and I were thinking along the same lines BigD- You just beat me to it. :p:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
if Danny really wants to fix the Skins........just move back to RFK, hire a real GM, then just sit back and write the checks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2426593 said:
Didn't they hand out towels with 21 on them, after Sean "Overrated" Taylor passed?

Wow. What a classy dude you are.

Mysterio;2426716 said:
The guy died......it was a tribute......you're a disgusting human being.

I don't know that it makes him a disgusting human being but it makes him seem classless and stupid.

Idgit;2426743 said:
It's not ok to say Sean Taylor was overrated? Because he was.

It's ok to think he's over-rated. It's ok to call him over-rated in a discussion about Sean Taylor. But to bring him up, just so you can call him over-rated, in a topic that really had nothing to do with him, or his death, shows how pathetic you are.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2427296 said:
Wow. What a classy dude you are.

I don't know that it makes him a disgusting human being but it makes him seem classless and stupid.

It's ok to think he's over-rated. It's ok to call him over-rated in a discussion about Sean Taylor. But to bring him up, just so you can call him over-rated, in a topic that really had nothing to do with him, or his death, shows how pathetic you are.

I think Taylor was incidental to his point; I think he was just commenting on his recollection that Snyder brought the towels out previously as a memorial to ST. He didn't have to dub ST Overrated, but since ST was, in fact, overrated, and this is a Cowboys message board, I don't think he was particularly out of line.

I'm not a fan of how ST lived his life, but I don't have anything in particular against the guy. I can't help but be annoyed by the undue respect he gets from Sk*ns fans. This has nothing to do with ST; I mock them for calling Brandon Noble a blocker magnet, or for thinking Joe Gibbs II didn't embarrass his own legacy, too. Sk*ns-fan group think--whatever the source--is amusing and annoying at the same time.

People on CZ rightly took pride in showing solidarity with other NFL fans after STs murder, and sympathy to WAS fans in particular since clearly ST was much-loved in DC, but I think we're at a point now where we can evaluate his impact on the game fairly w/out resorting to turning on each other (viciously) for legitimate criticisms of the guy's play on the field. I hope so, at least.

TroyNJ

Reaction score
Extreme;2426795 said:
It's not ok to say, other than the fact he was murdered, because it's total BS. Ask any fan of any team if they think he was overrated, they will laugh in your face. In the few years he was alive to play, he dominated the position more than nearly every player to ever play it.

Ask TO if Sean Taylor was overrated. Better yet, find some safeties that did more in a career than he did in his less than 4 years of play, then we'll talk.

Like someone already stated, you're a disgusting human being. And you obviously have no respect for great players unless they play for your team. Do you think Barry Sanders was overrated too?

**** the poster was giving a opinion, lighten up & go craw back into your deadskin hole....Oh & btw he was over rated.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2426646 said:
I wish we would try some "embarrassing ploy" to get the fans more fired up in Texas Stadium more often.

O.K. This will fire up the fans....

Higher Beer and ticket prices......:rolleyes:

TroyNJ

Reaction score
I get so tired of these deadskin fans, they always ten to over rate the players...Fondess memory i have of Taylor is watching Sam Hurd burn him for a long TD....Taylor was good not great by any means, to be mentioned in the same sentance as the other players that moron did Taylor needed to do it for many more years. Again nothing wrong with saying he was over rated, fact is IMO he was.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
dfense;2426578 said:
I had to laugh at this pathetic attempt;

After being embarrassed by Terrible Towels waved by visiting Pittsburgh Steelers fans at the last home game, the Commanders distributed 50,000 ''Commanders Rally Rags'' in an effort to restore their home-field advantage.

What else can you say? Wonder how many of those rags were dropped in the stands.
They came in handy to wipe away the tears after losing to the Cowboys :)

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Sean Taylor is/was overrated.

If you all find me classless or disgusting for saying so, so be it. I don't care.

Fact is, Sean Taylor was having a fantastic season the year he passed. The season before (2006), he was terrible. Flat out terrible.

The previous two seasons he was inconsistant. Good in stretches, bad in stretches.

All these Commanders fans claiming that he was "TEH GRATIST TO EVA PLAY!!!!" just prove my point.

Hell, the fact that Sean is being inducted into the Ring of Fame (or whatever) illustrates how overrated he was.

Chris Horton, a rookie 7th rounder, is having as good a season (arguably) than Taylor ever had. Should we expect to see him inducted into the Ring by 2012?

:rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with Taylor the person. His death was tragic, but he's in a better place now.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Understand that I don't think he was the greatest ever. I don't think he was top five at his position of all time. I think he was a very good player. But to bring up the thing they did, in respect to his memory, just so you could lable him over-rated makes you an idiot. I don't care how many fans want to jump to your aid cause you're a Cowboy fan, it was a stupid thing to say and it wasn't needed.

If this topic had been about the best safeties ever, or a topic about Sean Taylor specifically, then I would have no issue with you calling him over-rated or mocking them for over-rating him.

But you brought him up, specifically to poke them with a stick in a topic that didn't have a thing to do with him, and to mock the fact that they did a tribute to him in the same light as Danny attempting to get his homefield advantage back after the Steelers beat down was also stupid. They're not even remotely the same situation and to compare them as if they are is ignorant.

I'm sure you're a good guy. I don't know cause I don't know you. But what you did there was just beyond stupid and unnecassary and was you just showing your *** to try and be funny.

I am certain, I have no doubt at all, if this situation was reversed and someone over at ES were to bring up a dead cowboys player, just to mock him, in a topic that didn't have a thing to do with him that people wouldn't be going "Oh well they have the right to call him over-rated cause he was".

In fact there would be a post started here, with in 10 minutes of that comment, mocking ES for being stupid.