DantheMan 2016 Draft Thread

dantheman41

Reaction score
Kenyan Drake RB - 6'1 210lbs (Alabama)

Positives: Incredibly explosive. Playmaker with the ball in his hands. Big play guy, who can really hit the home run. Can be used a scat back or a receiver.

Negatives:
Looks like the body type of a receiver playing RB, needs to get stronger. Not an every down RB yet. Not sure he is a guy that can go inside and bang it inside a lot. Strictly likes to run outside the numbers, generally doesn't work well in NFL. Goes down very easily, sometimes by slight ankle tap. Runs like he's on fire, and gets way too reckless and without a plan.

Where He Fits and My Opinion:
Don't know if he's really a RB, but this kid is a playmaker. Reminds me of Percy Harvin the way he can make plays from anywhere on the field. Probably the most explosive athlete I've watched so far. Not quite as strong and powerful as Harvin. If this kid hits the weights and gets stronger, I think he would be a great piece for any team in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Sky is the limit.

dantheman41

Reaction score
C.J Prosise RB - 6'0 220lbs (Notre Dame)

Positives: Has an NFL body for a RB. Does an excellent job in pass protection. Smart football player, seems to play very aware. Is a handful to bring down, very physical player. Has a nice burst for a guy his size. Shows elusiveness and the ability the make people miss. Outstanding receiver out of the backfield. Really good balance, has a knack for staying on his feet.

Negatives:
Is he a 1 year wonder? Only played 1 year at Notre Dame. Needs to continue to learn the position and get more refined.

Absolutely love this kid. Has so much potential considering he is still growing. Perfect all-around RB that we need. I would take him in the 3rd or even end of the 2nd. He's only going to get better. One of my pet cats of this draft. Might be favorite player I've watched so far.

dantheman41

Reaction score
Kareem Hunt RB - 5'11 215lbs (Toledo)

Positives: Very elusive and a sneaky RB. Good quickness. Shows a nice ability to cut the ball back. Home run hitter, sees an opening and hits it. Shows soft hands and the ability to catch the ball out of the back field. Straight line runner. Tough kid.

Negatives:
Didn't play against the best competition. Sometimes I question his vision, I saw some big holes he was missing. Runs a little topsy turny always looking like he's going to trip or fall. Runs very upright. Not a lot of wiggle to his game. Don't see him used in pass protection which scares me.

Scheme fit for us. Good player. Don't love, but as a later option I wouldn't hate it. Definitely a home run hitter. One of the more explosive players I've watched. Late 3rd or 4th in my mind.

dantheman41

Reaction score
Jonathan Williams RB - 5'11 223 lbs (Arkansas)

Positives: Really quick feet. All around back. For a big guy he can really move, definitely a home run hitter. Incredible balance, so hard to get him down to the ground. Team captain, who his teammate loved.

Negatives: Willing blocker, but needs to improve technique little more tends to go always go for cut blocks and misses a lot. Missed all of 2015 because of a foot injury, need to see that he came back ok.

Wish I had more footage of this guy. Really loved what I saw. If he is fully recovered from his foot injury, he can be a really good NFL RB. I read that he was the #2 RB coming into the season. Be a middle round steal!

dantheman41

Reaction score
Going to give you guys an update on MY rankings and where I would take them.

QB

1. Wentz (Top 5)
2. Goff (Top 10)
3. Lynch (1st round)
4. Hackenburg (Late 2nd round)
5. Prescott (Late 3rd round)
6. Cardale Jones (4th round)
7. Cook (4th round)
8. Driskel (5th round)
9. Brissett (6th round)
10. Hogan (6th round)
11. Kessler (7th round)
12. Sudfield (7th round)
13. Doughty (Undrafted)

Last edited:

dantheman41

Reaction score
RB

1. Elliott (Top 15)
2. Collins (Early 2nd round)
3. Henry (Late 2nd round)
4. Prosise (Late 2nd round)
5. Williams (Early 3rd round)
6. Dixon (3rd round)
7. Booker (Late 3rd round)
8. Drake (4th round)
9. Hunt (4th round)
10. Perkins (5th round)
11. Smallwood (7th round)

tm1119

Reaction score
Paul Perkins RB - 5'11 198lbs (UCLA)

Positives: Has an outstanding stutter step that frequently freezes defenders. Rarely goes down upon initial contact, for a smaller guy he breaks a TON of tackles. Very slippery. Is a fighter, will fight for every yard. Really good vision always looking downfield.
Negatives: Doesn't possess the size of an every down back. Above average athleticism and quickness, not elite by any means. Looks lost in pass protection at times, completely whiffs. Don't see him catch a lot of balls. Doesn't do anything great or spectacular. Not great in short yardage situations.
Where He Fits and My Opinion: Disappointed actually. Was expecting more. Don't see a guy that doesn't anything special or exciting. Don't see a starting quality RB in the NFL. Watched a few games and kept waiting for more.

He supposedly has 4.4 speed...I think it definitely shows on tape

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

QB

1. Wentz (Top 5)
2. Goff (Top 10)
3. Lynch (1st round)
7. Cook (4th round)
8. Driskel (5th round)
9. Brissett (6th round)
10. Hogan (6th round)
11. Kessler (7th round)
12. Sudfield (7th round)
13. Doughty (Undrafted)

You have Wentz over both Goff and Lynch?

I think that is way too high for him, especially top 5...........I have not seen any mocks with Wentz that high.

LittleD

Reaction score

I think that is way too high for him, especially top 5...........I have not seen any mocks with Wentz that high.

Wrong, you need to pay less attention to mocks and go watch some tape. Wentz is going to be the best of this crop by far.
Goff will most likely be selected first by Cleveland but Wentz will be the best long term QB...book it!

dantheman41

Reaction score

Guys, I've told you a million times. I'm not going off of what other mocks say. I'm going based on what I see. I don't factor what anyone else thinks or says. Just the tape. If I'm wrong so be it. I don't do this to simply copy and paste what others think. I want to come to my own conclusions.

Ken

Reaction score
I am not seeing best qb in this draft right now for Wentz. I would love to grab this guy with our 2nd and see him sit for a year or two and he may end up the best in this class. For our situation, he would be ideal with our 2nd but it doesn't appear he will be there for our 2nd pick. Too many unknowns right now. His workouts and Senior Bowl will tell a better story about where he can be had.

dantheman41

Reaction score
I am not seeing best qb in this draft right now for Wentz. I would love to grab this guy with our 2nd and see him sit for a year or two and he may end up the best in this class. For our situation, he would be ideal with our 2nd but it doesn't appear he will be there for our 2nd pick. Too many unknowns right now. His workouts and Senior Bowl will tell a better story about where he can be had.

Did you watch multiple games for all the top QB's? If yes, they I respect your stance. If your just going off of what everyone else is saying, then I invite you to watch. Wentz impressed me more then the others. Has the arm and the legs. But to each his own... Most obviously like Lynch and Goff better. To me, Wentz has the higher upside. Wentz has a chance to be great, the other 2 don't IMO.

Ken

Reaction score
Did you watch multiple games for all the top QB's? If yes, they I respect your stance. If your just going off of what everyone else is saying, then I invite you to watch. Wentz impressed me more then the others. Has the arm and the legs. But to each his own... Most obviously like Lynch and Goff better. To me, Wentz has the higher upside. Wentz has a chance to be great, the other 2 don't IMO.

Honestly...just highlights for all three and i did watch most of Wentz's game today.

For perspective....i watched RGIII's and Russell Wilson's draft day highlights and knew right there that Seattle got the better player. ;)

I don't think I wrote anything that inflammatory or in total disagreement with what you said. He is an impressive prospect and one that i would love to have on our team....just not with our 4th pick.

I am concerned slightly with his level of competition and I haven't seen the arm strength of the other two.

I reserve the right to change my analysis as the offseason unfolds....haha

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Many fans don't know Wentz well now, but mock drafts change dramatically through all-star games and workouts. Won't surprise me one bit if Wentz ends up in the same top 10 rankings as Goff and Lynch by March.
Unless Wentz sucks at the senior bowl, etc, he won't be available at #34.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

QB

1. Wentz (Top 5)
2. Goff (Top 10)
3. Lynch (1st round)
7. Cook (4th round)
8. Driskel (5th round)
9. Brissett (6th round)
10. Hogan (6th round)
11. Kessler (7th round)
12. Sudfield (7th round)
13. Doughty (Undrafted)

Wow! Worst ranking I've seen.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

QB

1. Wentz (Top 5)
2. Goff (Top 10)
3. Lynch (1st round)
7. Cook (4th round)
8. Driskel (5th round)
9. Brissett (6th round)
10. Hogan (6th round)
11. Kessler (7th round)
12. Sudfield (7th round)
13. Doughty (Undrafted)

This is the most accurate representation of how I feel about this year's crop of QBs I have seen so far.

Keep it up, Dan.