DantheMan 2016 Draft Thread

dantheman41

Reaction score
Laquon Treadwell WR - 6'2 210 lbs (Ole Miss)

Positives: Physical football player. You can tell he really enjoys blocking, does an excellent job for his guys. Can line up all over the field, have seen as X, Y and slot guy. Shows football intelligence in knowing where the holes in zone coverage are. Outstanding hands, makes some nice over the shoulder catches. Playmaker who makes plays all over the field. Saw him throw as a QB, run reverses. Guy is an incredible athlete. Really good start stop guy. Goes all out every play, even when he's a decoy nice to see. Relentless motor.

Negatives: Saw quite a few penalties for receiver. False starts and holding calls. I don't see him dominate man to man coverage as much as I would like. Overwhelming majority of his big plays come from finding holes in zone.

Where He Fits and My Opinion: I know a lot of people compare him to Dez and I see similarities. Treadwell is a better start stop, and straight line speed guy. Much quicker out of the stance and can run by guys straight line, Dez doesn't do that. He has a fuller route tree then Dez had Ok State. Treadwell likes to get his hands dirty more then Dez for his teammates blocking, doesn't take plays off, etc... Treadwell is more elusive and slippery with the ball in his hands. But Dez is a different animal when it comes to the physicality. Dez is bigger and stronger, harder to bring down. Not sure Treadwell can will himself on a guy the way Dez does. But Treadwell is really good football player. I'm not a fan of taking receiver in top 5, but I can see why this guy is getting himself a lot of hype.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
C.J Prosise RB - 6'0 220lbs (Notre Dame)

Positives: Has an NFL body for a RB. Does an excellent job in pass protection. Smart football player, seems to play very aware. Is a handful to bring down, very physical player. Has a nice burst for a guy his size. Shows elusiveness and the ability the make people miss. Outstanding receiver out of the backfield. Really good balance, has a knack for staying on his feet.
Negatives: Is he a 1 year wonder? Only played 1 year at Notre Dame. Needs to continue to learn the position and get more refined.
Where He Fits and My Opinion: Absolutely love this kid. Has so much potential considering he is still growing. Perfect all-around RB that we need. I would take him in the 3rd or even end of the 2nd. He's only going to get better. One of my pet cats of this draft. Might be favorite player I've watched so far.

I enjoyed your write up. He played 3 years at Notre Dame. For 2 of them he was a WR. He has only played RB for one year. Has the best hands of any RB coming out this year

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Laquon Treadwell WR - 6'2 210 lbs (Ole Miss)

Positives: Physical football player. You can tell he really enjoys blocking, does an excellent job for his guys. Can line up all over the field, have seen as X, Y and slot guy. Shows football intelligence in knowing where the holes in zone coverage are. Outstanding hands, makes some nice over the shoulder catches. Playmaker who makes plays all over the field. Saw him throw as a QB, run reverses. Guy is an incredible athlete. Really good start stop guy. Goes all out every play, even when he's a decoy nice to see. Relentless motor.

Negatives: Saw quite a few penalties for receiver. False starts and holding calls. I don't see him dominate man to man coverage as much as I would like. Overwhelming majority of his big plays come from finding holes in zone.

Where He Fits and My Opinion: I know a lot of people compare him to Dez and I see similarities. Treadwell is a better start stop, and straight line speed guy. Much quicker out of the stance and can run by guys straight line, Dez doesn't do that. He has a fuller route tree then Dez had Ok State. Treadwell likes to get his hands dirty more then Dez for his teammates blocking, doesn't take plays off, etc... Treadwell is more elusive and slippery with the ball in his hands. But Dez is a different animal when it comes to the physicality. Dez is bigger and stronger, harder to bring down. Not sure Treadwell can will himself on a guy the way Dez does. But Treadwell is really good football player. I'm not a fan of taking receiver in top 5, but I can see why this guy is getting himself a lot of hype.

I think he might be under serious consideration at pick 4 if the QB we want is gone.

dantheman41

Reaction score
Corey Coleman WR - 5'11 190 lbs (Baylor)

Positives: Explosive playmaker. 4.4 speed guy. He was used all over the offense, as a running back at times, slot, X and Y receiver roles. Shows an ability to run past guys even when they are playing off coverage. Corners obviously respected his speed, very rarely did they play right on the line against him. Really elusive with the ball in his hands. Really good start stop on routes. His release on breaks is outstanding. Really violent with his hands in fighting off press. Outstanding all around route runner. He's open almost every single play.

Negatives:
Worry about his hands at times. Doesn't always catch the contested catches. Doesn't fight for the ball, waits for the ball to come to him. (kinda like Terence) Not physical player. Needs to get stronger and spend more time in weight room, goes down way too easily. Not a great blocker. Doesn't go all out every play, and doesn't even bother running the routes when play isn't designed for him.

Where He Fits and My Opinion: I really wanna like the player, definitely has a HUGE upside. Sounds kinda weird, but his body language on the field really worries me. Seems like a 'ME' player. Never seen a player put so little effort into every play that doesn't feature him. Barely tries to block, looks disinterested. Sad because he's a huge talent. Would be an outstanding compliment to the style Dez plays. In some ways as a pure receiver, I like him better then Treadwell. More explosive, better route runner and gets open more. But Treadwell is the full package.

dantheman41

Reaction score
MIchael Thomas WR - 6'3 210 lbs (Ohio State)

Positives: Outstanding size. Long strider who takes a second to get going, but is fast in straight line situations and can run past people. Has a big ceiling with more coaching. With his physical traits and the small sample size he had at Ohio State, he can get a lot better. Outstanding body control and ability to fake defenders. Very powerful hands and generally wins 1 on 1 against corners in jump ball situations. Powerful player who can bully defensive backs.

Negatives:
Doesn't always have the most reliable hands. 50/50 catcher. Needs to develop and learn more routes. Not going to get a lot of separation at the next level, going to have to beat people in jump ball situations, with his route running or by using his powerful hands to snatch the ball. Hasn't had a ton of success in college, only couple big games in his career.

Where He Fits and My Opinion: Don't see a # 1 receiver. To me there is a huge drop off between Treadwell and Coleman to Thomas. Has some nice qualities, but I don't see how he can be a top 2 rounds player. 3rd or 4th rounder in my view. Nice player who needs to get better and developed more. Not a great fit for the Cowboys in my eyes.

The Natural

Reaction score
@dantheman41 curious about what you think of one of my Miami guys Deon Bush. Plays safety and I believe he currently projects as a 3rd/4th rounder, could be a Wilcox replacement

gmoney112

Reaction score
Always enjoy reading.

Can you do the Notre Dame receiver, Fuller, next?

dantheman41

Reaction score
Will Fuller WR - 6'0 184 lbs (Ohio State)

Positives: Home run hitter, has a ton of HUGE plays. Excellent straight line speed, probably a 4.4 guy. Draws a lot of flags. Had his biggest games on the biggest stage. Shows really good footwork.

Negatives:
Doesn't have a huge route tree. Kind of a 1 trick pony, if it isn't the 9 route it is a comeback. Questionable hands at time. Faster then quick. Strictly an outside receiver, doesn't play in the slot at all. Not a huge body, needs to get stronger and spend some time in NFL weight room.

Where He Fits and My Opinion: Good football player. Not sure I see him as a 1st or 2nd rounder. I like the player, but he is a 1 trick pony. I wouldn't mind him as a compliment to Dez, give us a deep play guy we desperately need. Wouldn't take until our 3rd round pick.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Will Fuller WR - 6'0 184 lbs (Ohio State)

Positives: Home run hitter, has a ton of HUGE plays. Excellent straight line speed, probably a 4.4 guy. Draws a lot of flags. Had his biggest games on the biggest stage. Shows really good footwork.
Negatives: Doesn't have a huge route tree. Kind of a 1 trick pony, if it isn't the 9 route it is a comeback. Questionable hands at time. Faster then quick. Strictly an outside receiver, doesn't play in the slot at all. Not a huge body, needs to get stronger and spend some time in NFL weight room.

Where He Fits and My Opinion: Good football player. Not sure I see him as a 1st or 2nd rounder. I like the player, but he is a 1 trick pony. I wouldn't mind him as a compliment to Dez, give us a deep play guy we desperately need. Wouldn't take until our 3rd round pick.

guys like this dont last long-see Devin smith last year.every team wants that deep threat to complete their passing options.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
guys like this dont last long-see Devin smith last year.every team wants that deep threat to complete their passing options.

Totally agree. All this guy does is score long touchdowns. He wont be around in the 3rd round. Zero chance.

dantheman41

Reaction score
Totally agree. All this guy does is score long touchdowns. He wont be around in the 3rd round. Zero chance.

Thats fine... How did Devin Smith do last year for Jets? I wouldn't draft a guy like this in first two rounds.... Just my thoughts

WhizKid

Reaction score
Tyler Boyd Pitt?

My favorite wr in the draft. Great routes, good speed, good hands with ability to catch at high points, and extremely productive player under three different head coaches. Would love to take this guy in the 2nd.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
My favorite wr in the draft. Great routes, good speed, good hands with ability to catch at high points, and extremely productive player under three different head coaches. Would love to take this guy in the 2nd.

Big fan of Boyd and he is flying under the radar as of now, I'm pretty sure that will change my draft time.
I really had high hopes that his team mate would be the next great PITT RB to end up with a star on his helmet. Unfortunate circumstances for that young man I pray he beats that and have a full life rather he ever play football again or not.