Daron Bland is overrated and a fraud

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
nope-videogame.gif
Please tag me in this you want to bash me please do it lol

starfan1

Reaction score
Dude give it a rest. You get emotional week in and week out. Some of you guys on this site in the game threads are worse than teenage girls.The entirety of the defense had a hand in that debacle last night on their side of the ball. The Seattle WR corps are no slouches but bland should not be confused with Deion. The dude is a 5th round pick and hes over acheived thus far

I think that 3 games in 11 days has an impact on players. I alo dont believe this defense should be confused with 2000 ravens perhaps lower your expectations. Our Oline and defense will be a problem moving forward to what level is yet to be determined. They thrive on turnovers and big plays and if they dont get that the game can be a struggle.

Relax and enjoy the ride and if they dont hoist the Lombardi so be it.Its been a fun year

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He did have a rough game, but he's been solid too. DK Metcalf is a tough WR. I think him being a fraud is a stretch. I just think he's had a rough game, and he will get better from this game.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
In the heat of the moment last night in the game thread, I almost blamed Dak and McCarthy but realized that wasn’t fair. We won, but even if we lost that game wasn’t on Dak. This game being this close falls on two people and two people alone. Dan Quinn and Daron Bland. Both of these guys are frauds. I congratulate him on the pick six record this season but I think that record made us ignore his shortcomings. When faced with a decent or good team, he gets torched. As of right now? He’s a fraud. He might improve his game and I guarantee he will, but let’s not ignore his weaknesses and call him the second coming just yet. His butt needs to be in the film room because if this happens in the playoffs, I’d trade him to the Jets for a third rounder!!
You "almost blamed Dak", invalidates all of your sports opinions now and forever.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Maybe not have us torched by a team that was coming off two losses in a row? One of which was to the LA Rams. Dan Quinn needs to do a better job because we are going to face even better teams in the playoffs. I also think Bland has read all the things people have said about him and he got lazy in his film work.
I hear ya, however, the SEA WRs are really good, and Geno can sling. It's not going to be shut down every game, this is the NFL other teams have good players.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
I hear ya, however, the SEA WRs are really good, and Geno can sling. It's not going to be shut down every game, this is the NFL other teams have good players.
I get it but this game told me something. The offense might need to carry the defense in the playoffs and this performance tonight might have been enough to beat a 9-8 team but not a 12 win team.

Cmac

Reaction score
In the heat of the moment last night in the game thread, I almost blamed Dak and McCarthy but realized that wasn’t fair. We won, but even if we lost that game wasn’t on Dak. This game being this close falls on two people and two people alone. Dan Quinn and Daron Bland. Both of these guys are frauds. I congratulate him on the pick six record this season but I think that record made us ignore his shortcomings. When faced with a decent or good team, he gets torched. As of right now? He’s a fraud. He might improve his game and I guarantee he will, but let’s not ignore his weaknesses and call him the second coming just yet. His butt needs to be in the film room because if this happens in the playoffs, I’d trade him to the Jets for a third rounder!!
No one is masking a bad half from Bland.....a very bad half......but fraud? And almost blaming Dak.......for what? The beauty of this board is a plethora of varied opinions......extreme, outrageous, and subjective. Woosah!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I get it but this game told me something. The offense might need to carry the defense in the playoffs and this performance tonight might have been enough to beat a 9-8 team but not a 12 win team.
12 win teams won't necessarily have the type of matchups Seattle was able to take advantage of.

That said, I do think DQ needs to be working on a plan to protect this secondary, whether that means playing some type of zone or whatever he can figure out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No one is masking a bad half from Bland.....a very bad half......but fraud? And almost blaming Dak.......for what? The beauty of this board is a plethora of varied opinions......extreme, outrageous, and subjective. Woosah!

Exactly, if it were up to some on here, the team wouldn't exist lol.

Shannon1

Reaction score
Your crazy every defensive back gets beat some ,no other in the whole nfl has more int come on man

Flamma

Reaction score
LOL he's not a fraud. I've said this before, he's not a shutdown corner. But he's still a good corner. But you can't be expecting Deion. That's not realistic.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Metcalf was overdue for a big play and so was Bland. One big play
Metcalf was overdue for a big play and so was Bland to let one up. Take away the 73 yd TD and he had a good to average game with an INT.

Where was the safety help?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
No one expected this guy to be Deion.
He’s going to get burned like most corners do against Metcalf, but the ex-factor is, he’ll get a pick or make a big play.