Daron Bland is overrated and a fraud

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Metcalf is half a foot taller and 70 pounds heavier, and runs like a deer. The results were hardly a surprise.
They picked on Bland all night long....Seatle found something in the tape, and they exposed BLAND....Now watch,,, other teams will follow its a copy cat league.... Glad to see Bland have his day in the sun, got his hero card.....but now got exposed.....Blands pick 6 were agianst some of the worst teams in the league, Mac Jones, Bryce Young, Sam Howell, Daniel Jones and Strafford....I give Bland credit it's no easy feat to get a pick 6 alone 6 of them,....But good teams will and have now exposed Bland and this defense. Dont take me wrong...Bland will only get better,,. but teams have caught on to the DQ defense and exposing BLAND

ChrisL97

Reaction score
I'd like to see a bigger sample size. He's like a hot shot rookie batter that pitchers have figured out. Let's see if he can make the adjustment. Anthony Brown looked like the worst CB in the history of the NFL in that turkey day game vs Oakland, but he bounced back and was decent the rest of the year.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
It amazes me how some fans make broad statements about a player based on one game performance. I remember not too long ago, whereby Justin Jefferson was held to something like 30 yards against us. In this particular game, in a matchup between Diggs and Jefferson, Diggs won this round. I wonder if following this game, Vikings fans were screaming about how Jefferson is a fraud and only has great games against mediocre defensive backs.

Flamma

Reaction score
No one expected this guy to be Deion.
He’s going to get burned like most corners do against Metcalf, but the ex-factor is, he’ll get a pick or make a big play.
That pick was a big play and came at a great time. Despite him getting beat all game. Too bad we didn't take advantage of it. But still, it ended Seattle's drive.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Typical fan stuff. Bland did get beat. He didn't play great all game long. But if you can see the entire field, take a hard look at the safety positioning before throwing one dude under the bus. They played like absolute crap.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Bland is really good. He just has issues with bigger receivers. Bland got burned by AJ Brown too. Things got better when they switched Gilmore onto Metcalf. I hope Gilmore plays opposite AJ Brown next game.

Gambit

Reaction score
Maybe not have us torched by a team that was coming off two losses in a row? One of which was to the LA Rams. Dan Quinn needs to do a better job because we are going to face even better teams in the playoffs. I also think Bland has read all the things people have said about him and he got lazy in his film work.
Not for nothing, but this not an ineptu analysis of his weaknesses.

Why are people so averse to providing the asked for information after they make a claim on this forum?

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
With all due respect, DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett & Jaxon Smith-Njigba are a match up nightmare for any defensive secondary in football. If they had a better QB, Seattle would be ridiculous!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think we played in man coverage all night. I think Bland is far better in zone. The way DK was feasting, I think we should have adjusted at half. We didn't do Bland any favors. I blame DQ more than anything. If there's 1 fault I have with DQ,its that he sticks with somethings too long. Tinkers around and it hurts us. Bland can only play the defense that is called. That said, even the announcers were aghast at how far off Bland was playing on DK, allowing clutch conversions in crucial times. I think he was playing not to get beat deep, because he had already been beat 2 times deep. He does much better in zone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Niners and Eagles are our kryptonite. Seattle is like them,without the QB. Big, nasty,physical, unafraid. Bullies. We are very good, but I dont see the physicality needed to impose our will against the elite teams. That fact nearly got us beat last night. Any better QB and Seattle would have beat us.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Niners and Eagles are our kryptonite. Seattle is like them,without the QB. Big, nasty,physical, unafraid. Bullies. We are very good, but I dont see the physicality needed to impose our will against the elite teams. That fact nearly got us beat last night. Any better QB and Seattle would have beat us.
IDK, Smith played pretty dang well. The only thing missing was running ability.