News: Daron Bland out 6-8 Weeks. foot stress fracture

mathew1184

Reaction score
Maybe, but somebody that should make it will get cut with Zeke and Malik Davis making the team.
I agree, there are going to be good players cut. Because we are wasting roster spots on those two. Zeke makes it because Jerry says so and Davis makes it because of special teams. I hope we can trade some of our players before we cut them, but I’m not holding my breath.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
My BAD guys missed this post...Just saw it on my phone and thought it was just breaking.... Anyhow idiot Jones should of kept Gilmore. Now thanks to idiot Jones. We may be screwed ONCE again!! :facepalm: God...This guy SUCKS at being a GM....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Top available corners in free agency:

• Xavien Howard
  • Adoree’ Jackson
  • Patrick Peterson
  • J.C. Jackson
  • Ahkello Witherspoon
  • Keion Crossen
  • Eli Apple
  • Chandon Sullivan
  • Jalen Mills
  • Aaron Robinson
Just thinking about this.......... some decent replacements are sitting on the sideline.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
That sucks. Wonder if Jerry will send out doofus to do some more dumpster diving.

rambo2

Reaction score
I do give the team a chance. Some of us believe in being objective and also having high standards.

Whats sad is coming on the board, kissing the FO’s butts for every move they make, and giving them excuses for every failure. While still trying to tell the rest of the fans how good the cowboys are and how this is their year….. again.
You are saying they won't win a playoff game when they certainly can. That's a loser attitude.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You are saying they won't win a playoff game when they certainly can. That's a loser attitude.
No. I’m saying they need to prove it on the field first before I just take it for granted that “they’re better than last year”.

I’m not saying they can’t or won’t. I’m just not going to anoint them as better when they haven’t even played a real game yet.

I’ll save that sort of wishcasting and gaslighting for you to do.

Same guy who will be like Bland is out? No problem. A 6th round rookie will start and we won’t miss a beat!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Derrick Henry and Derwin James both have had it in the past and recovered fine. That said it appears 8 weeks is the norm to get back to normal.
There is a difference between a full fracture and a stress fracture.

Smith22

Reaction score
Terrible timing with Diggs coming off a major injury. At least we drafted Carson for some depth.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wonder if Zimmer wouldn't rather have Lewis out there until we go nickel. Lewis is experienced and has had a good camp from all accounts. Might be trusted more than a rookie not to make big mistakes.

Unlike Quinn, I don't think Zimmer is as locked in on size.
Broaddus has been asked this just the other day on podcasts. He said no, Zimmer likes Lewis as a slot. They love Carson and want him outside.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Broaddus has been asked this just the other day on podcasts. He said no, Zimmer likes Lewis as a slot. They love Carson and want him outside.
Might be the case because Lewis is solid in the slot. I just trust him more right now than a late-round rookie who is going to make some rookie mistakes.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Might be the case because Lewis is solid in the slot. I just trust him more right now than a late-round rookie who is going to make some rookie mistakes.
They had a 3rd round grade on Carson and everyone thinks he's outplayed that grade. Bland was starting in the slot as a rookie when he never played the position before.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
...why do these med experts always go with surgery right away?

I mean, some things can heal on thier own.
I think the Cowboys would like it to heal properly. In addition, how long would it take a stress fracture in the foot to heal on its own? I imagine the Cowboys would like him back before the end of the season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They’ll likely go with experience early and possibly work Carson in. He’ll have some situational opportunities.
That's the direction I'd go, but I guess it depends on how much they believe Carson can step up to the challenge compared to how much they believe Lewis can handle the outside when there's only two corners in the game.