News: Daron Bland out 6-8 Weeks. foot stress fracture

The Natural

Reaction score
on the bright side he should be available for the games against the NFC heavy hitters. SF, Philly 2x, possibly the Detroit game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's the direction I'd go, but I guess it depends on how much they believe Carson can step up to the challenge compared to how much they believe Lewis can handle the outside when there's only two corners in the game.
Sometimes you have to play a player because of desperation rather than faith. They’ll find some spots for them similar to what they did with Bland as a rookie.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Could come back but once eliminated from playoff berth, he can have a whole year to recover.

rambo2

Reaction score
I've been saying all along that we needed to sign Gilly back,most people said for what, diggs is back and my reply was it doesn't mean specifically for diggs but for insurance reasons...so stupid of this team not thinking ahead.
See Carson.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to play a player because of desperation rather than faith. They’ll find some spots for them similar to what they did with Bland as a rookie.
The advantage for Bland is that he primarily was asked to play slot as a rookie. Kept him from being out there every snap on an island and protected him some from those big one-on-one matchups.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yeah you knew so much that I didn’t see you anywhere saying ‘we should have kept Gilmore’. You revisionist Cowboy fans make me

Yeah you knew so much that I didn’t see you anywhere saying ‘we should have kept Gilmore’. You revisionist Cowboy fans make me laugh.
I've been on the side of re-signing Gilmore because it just makes sense unless they're determined to draft Zimm a CB of his choosing.

This is my post from April 8. I made it easy for you to go look up and verify. You talking out of your anus Cowboy fans stink.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They had a 3rd round grade on Carson and everyone thinks he's outplayed that grade. Bland was starting in the slot as a rookie when he never played the position before.
It's tough for any player to start as a rookie, starting at outside corner is a major challenge.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
One thing i hate about football is the injuries. 2 defenders down and the season hasn't even started

Same it’s amazing how it can change the trajectory of a season more than any other sport. Can legit ruin a season.

Only so many injuries a team can have.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Smh. I was against not bringing back Gilmore for this reason. Too much uncertainty with diggs coming off his injury. This team is cursed.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If they don’t feel like Diggs is 100% our starting outside corners to start the season are Carson and Booth. Championship!

shabazz

Reaction score
If they don’t feel like Diggs is 100% our starting outside corners to start the season are Carson and Booth. Championship!
Carson may surprise us......what a chance he's now been given

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Gilmore wasn't coming back to Dallas to begin with....Minny gave him 7mil (10mil max), no way Dallas was gonna pay that for Gilly....he is a good CB but father time is undefeated......the rookies will start game one and then Dallas will sign a Veteran.....dont expect Howard or Jackson either both cost to much and Bland will be back.....but I could see Patrick Peterson come in on a 1yr contract...Plus Patrick Peterson has some history I believe with Zimmer