Daron Bland's new nickname and shutdown corner?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
DaRon "Bad Man" Bland

DaRon "Bat Man" Bland

DaRon "The Bad Man" Bland

I personally like the last one, like a pro wrestling villain. lol

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yes he is. He is ahead of Deion Sanders's numbers at the same time in their careers in almost every stat. Bland is also a good tackler. He is on pace to be even better than Sanders.
It's like Diggs, though. No doubt in my mind now that DaRon Bland will be a star in the league for a long time, he may not continue at this pace if for no other reason QB will start to avoid him.

As long as we're strong at the other CB positions. That is a good thing. I think we lead the league in take aways next year, and that year hasn't even begun. That is, if Diggs can return to play a semblance like his old self.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There was Thurman's Thieves back in the day. How about Bland's Bandits? I mean, other people are going to have to start contributing but hey, it's got a nice ring to it.

plasticman

Reaction score
"Anything but"

Another INT by "Anything but"!

Daron "Anything but" Bland

.........Nah.....doesn't quite pop....

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
DeIon Sanders was a shutdown corner.... and "DeRon Blanders" is a possible nickname, (possibly an easy reject though... :lmao2:) He's top of the league in pass breakups and similar statistics, and is on pace to shatter the pick 6 record in the NFL.

Soo..... Has Dallas' 5th round pick ascended to shutdown corner status?
PRIMETIME!!!!!!
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!

conner01

Reaction score
Yes he is. He is ahead of Deion Sanders's numbers at the same time in their careers in almost every stat. Bland is also a good tackler. He is on pace to be even better than Sanders.
I think his point is QB’s keep throwing at him and with prime teams just avoided him much of the time. I hope they keep throwing at him because I’d like to see a few more pick 6’s lol

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A shutdown corner takes the opponents #1 receiver and locks him down, essentially taking him out of the game. Teams also don’t throw against a lockdown corner for the most part, so the stats won’t be gaudy. Bland is coming along nicely but relax with the comparison to Sanders, they aren’t even in the same conversation.

plasticman

Reaction score
I think "Anything, but (Bland)
is a dope nickname.
It's one of the most unique nicknames.
Dang, you beat me to it.

Still.....it doesn't sound exactly right. Probably shouldn't have a nickname with the word "but" in it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
DeRon Bad Lands Bland

Don't throw into the Badlands or you won't come out alive

Actually I don't care what they call him what he is is the most quiet impactful player we have seen on this team in a long time.

This is the one guy on this team that knows how to change the game and finish.
Finishers get the ball into the end zone and doing it from his position on the field is a true accomplishment.