Daron Bland's new nickname and shutdown corner?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Is DeLon, Deion's cousin? Lol
No, it's a capital i... but I need to change fonts, so that it is obvious. Remember when DeIon was in the combine commercial where he was pretending to be a new rookie? I forgot what fake name he was using at that time.

DeIon

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it's a capital i... but I need to change fonts, so that it is obvious. Remember when DeIon was in the combine commercial where he was pretending to be a new rookie? I forgot what fake name he was using at that time.

DeIon
Lol...happened to me yesterday when I was talking about the 2I technique, which means 2 inside....looked like a 21

Flamma

Reaction score
Bland is having an epic year. If he continues to play at this level, he is a guy that QBs will stop challenging. That’s the mark of a “shut down”. I laugh at all the kids who like to point to Dieons lack of INTs certain years…….. its hard to stack INTs when QBs avoid throwing at you.
Yeah, can't argue this point. Especially your point on Dieon.

Flamma

Reaction score
Bland is not a shutdown corner..:facepalm:Nor is Diggs.:facepalm: Nor was Everson Walls,:facepalm: or Ron fellows :facepalm:

E Walls, During his 14 seasons, he was a four-time Pro Bowl selection. He was also a three-time All-Pro selection..

Houston,We Have a Problem..Its Flamma...
LOL, these guys gave up a lot of yards. That is the definition of not being a shutdown corner. Thurman's thieves got torched on a regular basis. Which is why our defenses sucked and we never won any championships with them. They got picks because our DL pressured the QB. But I'm stupid for watching these fools get torched!

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
LOL, these guys gave up a lot of yards. That is the definition of not being a shutdown corner. Thurman's thieves got torched on a regular basis. Which is why our defenses sucked and we never won any championships with them. They got picks because our DL pressured the QB. But I'm stupid for watching these fools get torched!
Hey Philly Fan,Your On The Wrong Forum.. Take a Hike.. Or Is That Really You SAS?

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes he is. He is ahead of Deion Sanders's numbers at the same time in their careers in almost every stat. Bland is also a good tackler. He is on pace to be even better than Sanders.
So no QB is going to go to his side? Ok. Hey, look, I hope you're right. I love Bland and Diggs. I just don't think they are Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. Shoot me. But I'm really glad they are on our team.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
True. forcing a nickname rarely works. Even "the young Lion" isn't really catching on a feels forced for Parsons. It works best when it happens organically. That being said, "Spicy" (being a play on Bland's name) is starting to pop up here and there.
Lights out. For me

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So no QB is going to go to his side? Ok. Hey, look, I hope you're right. I love Bland and Diggs. I just don't think they are Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. Shoot me. But I'm really glad they are on our team.
Imagine how many more picks Bland and Diggs would have if they were allowed to play the way those two were allowed to play.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Bland is better than Diggs bc he doesn’t give up as much. Diggs gambles a lot and gets burned a lot.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Imagine how ticked off many offensive coordinators have to be, removing drag routes from their playcalling sheet. If Bland is taking away drag routes, the title shutdown corner doesn't matter after all.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Between Bland and Gilmore, the Cowboys have two of the quietest, most humble starting corners in the NFL.

They let their play do the talking and I love it.
Humble but confident. Problem in the garrett years was the corners were quiet and weak. Gilmore is quiet but he's still a dawg.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Bland gives up alot of yards this year? Interesting lie but ok.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL, Bland is not a shutdown corner. Nor is Diggs. Nor was Everson Walls, or Ron fellows. They were good corners that took advantage of opportunity.
He also had the lowest QBR vs. CB in the league. By far. So what makes someone a shutdown corner?