Daron Bland's new nickname and shutdown corner?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
DeIon Sanders was a shutdown corner.... and "DeRon Blanders" is a possible nickname, (possibly an easy reject though... :lmao2:) He's top of the league in pass breakups and similar statistics, and is on pace to shatter the pick 6 record in the NFL.

Soo..... Has Dallas' 5th round pick ascended to shutdown corner status?
he is Agent 6

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
What's his pass defensed number? I never viewed him as a lockdown corner. I saw him more as a ball hawk like the patriots old Asante Samuel's. They peel off their coverage and go after the ball. That's dangerous and could lead to big plays for the other team as well. But some corners have that ability without getting burned too much. Bland like Samuel's seem to be in that line of CB.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Pushing that nickname could get you sued :laugh:
giphy.gif

Soth

Reaction score
PrimeBland?

BlandTime?

Deiron Blanders?

Ok, I am not good at this.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
DeIon Sanders was a shutdown corner.... and "DeRon Blanders" is a possible nickname, (possibly an easy reject though... :lmao2:) He's top of the league in pass breakups and similar statistics, and is on pace to shatter the pick 6 record in the NFL.

DaRon "Never" Bland

Works two ways: He's not Bland and QBs should never throw his way because it's going to get you burnt.

lk8701

Reaction score

He got beat a few times today. He had Trevon Diggs type of game. He gave up a few plays and made a monster play.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As weird as it sounds.....a nickname just sticks with someone. You don't force it. And something about Deron.....I feel like he doesn't want or need a nickname. His name speaks for himself. He's not nasty, he's not a bragger.....he just wakes up and plays football. Kind of....bland lol. Yet, he's arguably one of the most electrifying players in the league lol. Just a silent assassin.
He was pretty humble in receiving the game ball.