Daron Bland's new nickname and shutdown corner?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bland is having an epic year. If he continues to play at this level, he is a guy that QBs will stop challenging. That’s the mark of a “shut down”. I laugh at all the kids who like to point to Dieons lack of INTs certain years…….. its hard to stack INTs when QBs avoid throwing at you.
correct on all points. At some juncture, QB's will learn their lesson and stop throwing to his side...then...he will be deemed a shutdown cb. I think the kid can be used at wr or kick returner like Deion at some point. Here and there. He is so smooth and decisive. Just think when Diggs returns next year..OMG. If we thought this secondary was good, just wait. Diggs will be very motivated to prove he can do what Bland has been doing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Between Bland and Gilmore, the Cowboys have two of the quietest, most humble starting corners in the NFL.

They let their play do the talking and I love it.
I agree. I think trading for Gilmore has been extremely helpful for guys like Bland and Diggs. I think the vet has shown them how to be better. Then AL Harris needs some luv too. The guy can teach.

Rayman70

Reaction score
just call DaRon " Magneto," because when that ball comes his way, its like he has magnets on his hands and there's also one on the ball . Hes getting it 9 times out of ten. Just like Magneto, there aint much you can do about it, its gonna happen inevitably.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.e8d1b098dea875ca03bc96cd10c20961