Darren Mcfadden

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Don't forget, David Lee will be is new OC this year, so they may be throwing a bit more, and he'll get some new blocking skills too.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541466 said:
Take whatever you like.

2 of 3...head to head...certainly the greatest bestes conference in all of the world would not have let this happen!

But they did.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee....:lmao:

I notice you are from Ohio, sounds like a bit of sour grapes, lol. I loved hearing Big Ten fans talk so much about how Michigan and Ohio State should play again "cause they are clearly the best two teams in the nation." Well, thats what they told me at least.....guess not.

nyc;1541266 said:
Watch the Adrian Peterson highlights on YouTube then compare them to McFadden. When McFadden makes contact, he WILL go down. Peterson would bull over guys and run away dragging them until they let go.

Don't take my word for it. Go see for your self. He goes down after contact. Then watch Adrian Peterson. Now, after watching those. Think about how that is going to translate to the NFL where the players are much faster and they don't miss many tackles because it will mean their job.

Hmm, its easy for you to see how much easier it is for McFadden to be caught in the NFL cause the players are faster. But it is hard for you to see how much harder it is for Peterson to bull over guys and break all those tackles in the NFL cause the players are stronger and better tacklers. Very interesting, lol.

Performance matters, and McFadden has done plenty of that. With the Hogs having a weaker offense this year and a stronger schedule, should be an interesting year for Darren.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Paniolo22;1545665 said:
Don't forget, David Lee will be is new OC this year, so they may be throwing a bit more, and he'll get some new blocking skills too.

Not as long as Houston Dale is still the head ball coach. He's going to absolutely run Darren and Felix into the ground this year. DMac will get 300+ carries and Felix will get close to 200.

Last year McFadden faced plenty of defenses with 8 or 9 in the box and he'll see it again this year. That makes his numbers even more impressive.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It would be nice to see these discussions shelved until at least one of the following conditions is secured:

A) we are sure the Browns pick is top five
B) the season is over and McFadden has demonstrated he will be a top draft choice.
C) McFadden actually even declares for the NFL draft

This is just an awful topic more than a year away from even being close to happening.

I have never seen anything like it. Just because Jerry and Stephen Jones mentioned his name (tongue in cheek more than likely), everyone is assuming it is a foregone conclusion and now are debating it. I don't understand it at all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;1545667 said:
Hmm, its easy for you to see how much easier it is for McFadden to be caught in the NFL cause the players are faster. But it is hard for you to see how much harder it is for Peterson to bull over guys and break all those tackles in the NFL cause the players are stronger and better tacklers. Very interesting, lol.

Performance matters, and McFadden has done plenty of that. With the Hogs having a weaker offense this year and a stronger schedule, should be an interesting year for Darren.

I'm comparing the two. There is no question Peterson is a much more talented RB. Hate it all you want, it does not change the fact. The ONLY thing McFadden has over Peterson? Injuries.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Alexander;1545739 said:
It would be nice to see these discussions shelved until at least one of the following conditions is secured:

B) the season is over and McFadden has demonstrated he will be a top draft choice.

This is just an awful topic more than a year away from even being close to happening.

I have never seen anything like it. Just because Jerry and Stephen Jones mentioned his name (tongue in cheek more than likely), everyone is assuming it is a foregone conclusion and now are debating it. I don't understand it at all.

And I've never understood why someone would enter a thread, take the time to type out a post, and complain why people are discussing a topic they don't think warrants discussion. Just move along. There are plenty of other threads. Go find one you deem worthy and grace those posters with your presence.

Shoo....

As for the rest of us, it's the middle of summer, training camp is still weeks away, we're bored, and it's fun to dream of a player as great as Darren McFadden wearing the star someday.

Alexander

Reaction score
BigDave95;1545746 said:
And I've never understood why someone would enter a thread, take the time to type out a post, and complain why people are discussing a topic they don't think warrants discussion. Just move along. There are plenty of other threads. Go find one you deem worthy and grace those posters with your presence.

Shoo....

As for the rest of us, it's the middle of summer, training camp is still weeks away, we're bored, and it's fun to dream of a player as great as Darren McFadden wearing the star someday.

When you see McFadden mentioned more than once, it becomes tiresome. In the past month, there is a McFadden thread a week. Do we need a McFadden zone so it does not clog up the main forum with pointless "what if" scenarios? It makes about as much sense as me posting my favorite high school phenom and trying to "dream of a player that great wearing the star someday".

I am just trying to understand that even if boredom strikes, why it would be worthy to spend the intellectual capital on something even close to happening, much less one that depends on the right variables in play.

Yes, I think we all know McFadden is great. And it would be nice to have him. But I think that topic has been played to death already.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Alexander;1545739 said:

I agree. McFadden may never enter the NFL draft for whatever reason. Our running backs could have a breakout season eliminating the need for a running back and an injury could open a need some place else.

Last year at this time Quinn was going to go #1 overall. "Who would have thunk it!"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDave95;1545746 said:

Very hypocritical of you... :rolleyes:

BigDave95

Reaction score
Alexander;1545750 said:
When you see McFadden mentioned more than once, it becomes tiresome. In the past month, there is a McFadden thread a week. Do we need a McFadden zone so it does not clog up the main forum with pointless "what if" scenarios? It makes about as much sense as me posting my favorite high school phenom and trying to "dream of a player that great wearing the star someday".

I am just trying to understand that even if boredom strikes, why it would be worthy to spend the intellectual capital on something even close to happening, much less one that depends on the right variables in play.

Yes, I think we all know McFadden is great. And it would be nice to have him. But I think that topic has been played to death already.

So that intellectual capital would be better spent discussing who the greatest cowboy to wear #37 was? Or the 1000th attempt at the 53 man roster?? Or the Larry Johnson "trade"???

Bottom line is there is NOTHING of substance worth discussing right now. Darren McFadden is as good as anything. If you'd rather discuss another player, start a thread about him and see if it gets 100+ posts every time.

Alexander

Reaction score
BigDave95;1545760 said:
So that intellectual capital would be better spent discussing who the greatest cowboy to wear #37 was? Or the 1000th attempt at the 53 man roster?? Or the Larry Johnson "trade"???

Yes, it is.

It relates to either the past or a current rumor. Not something that has at least five crucial variables in play, not a one of which is likely to occur at this time.

BigDave95

Reaction score
Alexander;1545762 said:
Yes, it is.

It relates to either the past or a current rumor. Not something that has at least five crucial variables in play, not a one of which is likely to occur at this time.

Then as I said earlier, go post in one of those threads. No one is forcing you to click on this link and no one really cares if you think we are all wasting our time discussing a topic with so many "crucial variables in play".

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
BigDave95;1545766 said:
Then as I said earlier, go post in one of those threads. No one is forcing you to click on this link and no one really cares if you think we are all wasting our time discussing a topic with so many "crucial variables in play".

And no one is forcing you to reply, no one is caring what you think about his opinion. If you don't like it, then don't respond. Being a big baby about it, doesn't make anything better

BigDave95

Reaction score
dargonking999;1545771 said:
And no one is forcing you to reply, no one is caring what you think about his opinion. If you don't like it, then don't respond. Being a big baby about it, doesn't make anything better

I guess I could follow your example...:rolleyes:

BigDave95

Reaction score
dargonking999;1545774 said:
how about you set your own example?

I guess you missed the irony of you doing the EXACT same thing you were scolding me for...

Oh well, this thread has been sufficiently derailed so I guess Alex will be happy. I'm sure another McFadden thread will pop up shortly and people will praise him and cross their fingers that someday he'll be a Cowboy. nyc will pop on and troll about how he's just another Kijana Carter. Then finally Alexander will save us all from wasting our intellectual capital on such a worthless discussion.

Can't wait for training camp...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
BigDave95;1545777 said:
I guess you missed the irony of you doing the EXACT same thing you were scolding me for...

Oh well, this thread has been sufficiently derailed so I guess Alex will be happy. I'm sure another McFadden thread will pop up shortly and people will praise him and cross their fingers that someday he'll be a Cowboy. nyc will pop on and troll about how he's just another Kijana Carter. Then finally Alexander will save us all from wasting our intellectual capital on such a worthless discussion.

Can't wait for training camp...

I don't have the same issue you do. I was giving you information.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I know you are but what am I........sorry seemed to fit into the thread, lol. Anyway...

nyc;1545744 said:
I'm comparing the two. There is no question Peterson is a much more talented RB. Hate it all you want, it does not change the fact. The ONLY thing McFadden has over Peterson? Injuries.

Hmmm, no question, huh. Well, thank you Mel Kiper Jr.

Your big point is that Darren hasn't proven anything on the NFL level, well, Peterson hasn't proven anything either. AP runs over college guys, Darren makes them miss. I will say one thing, I would rather not have the guy that takes all that contact, makes for a short career.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDave95;1545777 said:

Guess you do too. :shoot6: