Darren Mcfadden

gbrittain

Reaction score
Halen88;1541169 said:
Being from Arkansas I can tell you this guy is the real deal..I hope the Browns Tank this year

Big time :welcome: to you Halen88!

I love the YouTube videos...I'm a fan. I hope you plan on staying and more importantly where have you been?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1541275 said:
The one thing that worries me about this back is that I haven't seen him run with a lot of wiggle. Typically, he's a one cut back and he's a little bit upright, at times.
Hell, half the time he doesn't even cut. He's simply so fast he can beat 'em to the corner and turn up field. I too worry about his "wiggle," but you'd have to be a moron to say he's going to be a bust at this point.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1541371 said:
The impressive part is the Razorbacks are not loaded with offensive weapons and teams go into the game focused on McFadden and yet he continues to produce.

See that's EXACTLY my point!

Reaction score
Another real comparison would be McFadden to Bo Jackson, they both hit the hole and make a power cut and it's off to the races...

mmohican29

Reaction score
McFadden is a sick athlete and a tremendous tailback... I don't know what RB some of you were watching last year but it wasn't DMac. Whoever gets this guy, is extremely fortunate. His ability as a RB is much better than Bush's, and his durability is far greater. He may not quite the wiggle, but he's got plenty enough to be a bonafide superstar in the NFL.

Halen88

Reaction score
gbrittain;1541593 said:
Big time :welcome: to you Halen88!

I love the YouTube videos...I'm a fan. I hope you plan on staying and more importantly where have you been?
Thanks for the Props...I hear some on this board like me and some don't...It's all in fun....except having to eat crow twice vs the Eagles last year:bang2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Halen88;1541764 said:
Thanks for the Props...I hear some on this board like me and some don't...It's all in fun....except having to eat crow twice vs the Eagles last year:bang2:
Opinions are just like armpits man, everybody's got a couple and some of them stink.

Keep it up, it's worth it for those of us who actually are entertained because we know you're having fun.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Barring injury, McFadden will be a pro-bowl player for years, hopefully it'll be for us.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
nyc;1541266 said:
Watch the Adrian Peterson highlights on YouTube then compare them to McFadden. When McFadden makes contact, he WILL go down. Peterson would bull over guys and run away dragging them until they let go.

Don't take my word for it. Go see for your self. He goes down after contact. Then watch Adrian Peterson. Now, after watching those. Think about how that is going to translate to the NFL where the players are much faster and they don't miss many tackles because it will mean their job.

Tony Dorsett didn't run over people, but I seem to remember him having a pretty damn good NFL career. Same can be said for Barry Sanders. Of course NFL players are better than those in college, but don't forget NFL players used to be the best collee players at one time, just like McFadden.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;1541266 said:
Watch the Adrian Peterson highlights on YouTube then compare them to McFadden. When McFadden makes contact, he WILL go down. Peterson would bull over guys and run away dragging them until they let go.

Don't take my word for it. Go see for your self. He goes down after contact. Then watch Adrian Peterson. Now, after watching those. Think about how that is going to translate to the NFL where the players are much faster and they don't miss many tackles because it will mean their job.
This has to be complete flame. McFadden barrels through players. He does not fall down on contact. He'll hit a player and knock him backwards 5 yards.

I think you're just making **** up as you go.

gbrittain

Reaction score
nyc;1541272 said:
This is not true. I never *only* made that statement. I gave my reason and I'm ready to sit back and stand by my prediction till fruition.

If the Cowboys draft him and he takes Emmitt's spot as the NFL's All-Time leading rusher and second in TDs; then good for him and the Cowboys. I just don't think it's going to happen. Period.

He could have half the career Emmitt had and still be a darn good player.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
hardhittin31;1541719 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofdva1wAaU

Who does "Run DMC" burn 2 minutes and 35 seconds into the clip ?

:lmao2:

Take a wild guess..

Exactly... :bow:

That might be my favorite play on the whole reel. Talk about Dickerson-esque... Three LSU players had a shot at him, and he split them all and left them grasping at air.

I don't get the criticism that he has no power, either. This isn't a scatback who can't run inside and bounces everything outside... Which is what Reggie Bush was, and it didn't stop him from being lauded as the Second Coming.

Taz

Reaction score
I would be happy if we got this guy and he turned out to be as talanted as a reggiie bush . doesn't have to be a emmit smith .

sandy007

Reaction score
I watched Darren McFadden run over the Vols. I think he is the real deal. He ran for 181 yards and two touchdowns and threw a touchdown pass when the teams played in 11/2006. I am not sold on JJ.