Darren Mcfadden

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jackrussell;1541472 said:
Doesn't mean the AFC South was the best division....darn....you were THAT close!

Love to go on...but I got a front row date with Faith Hill tonight.

Tell her I said what's up. She'll know who your talking about.

:D

Halen88

Reaction score
In the Capital One Bowl Darren broke off a run in the first quarter and was headed for a Touchdown...He was caught from behind and the Razorbacks settled for a Field Goal...He said he "Let Up" and was caught from behind..Lesson learned
Ok NYC aka Mel Kiper Jr. Jr. who is the best running back in the draft next year????

adamknite

Reaction score
Halen88;1541501 said:
In the Capital One Bowl Darren broke off a run in the first quarter and was headed for a Touchdown...He was caught from behind and the Razorbacks settled for a Field Goal...He said he "Let Up" and was caught from behind..Lesson learned
Ok NYC aka Mel Kiper Jr. Jr. who is the best running back in the draft next year????

Wisconson was just the better team that day. It was a hard fought game, they won and deserved it. There are things that Arkansas could have done that would have given them a better chance at winning but they didn't, let it go.

AtlCB

Reaction score
jackrussell;1541446 said:
And then see them lose 2 of 3 to the Big Ten.

You're more than welcome to your polls.

I'll take scoreboard every time.
Was this the same Big 10 that whined about not having their two top teams play for the national championship only to have both teams trounced in bowl games?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Halen88;1541501 said:
Ok NYC aka Mel Kiper Jr. who is the best running back in the draft next year????

I don't like Mel Kiper Jr! :angryno: Although, since you ask I will show my TRUE COLORS!

Aaron Brown IS the best running back in all of college football next season. :D :wink2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Halen88;1541501 said:

I know your not asking me but don't sleep on Slaton. He's going to be pretty good, I think.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
nyc;1541238 said:
This is your first and fatal mistake. You cannot compare College to the NFL. They are completely different beasts.

The last guy to tell me that said it about one Emmitt Smith. He said that Emmitt made a living breaking tackles in college and that he wouldn't be able to do it at the professional level. ;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1541487 said:
I would compare there running styles, from what I've seen. This says nothing about there production or there talent levels. Only that they have simular running styles. Both run upright, both appear to be one cut backs and both use tremendous acceleration to hit the seam, once they see the crease. In that way, they are simular, from what I have seen of McFadden. I think Dickerson had a better cut back then what I've seen from McFadden to this point but then again, I've had much more opportunity to watch Dickerson then I have McFadden so I suppose time will tell. I don't know if I'm ready to say NYC is wrong just yet. Dickerson was succesful because he had unbelievable speed and acceleration for a man his size. I don't know how fast McFadden is but I've heard that he could run a 10.8 100 in HS. How does that equate to the NFL? Says he has top end speed for sure but his acceleration is what will ultimatly tell the tale. I do like him but I think I'll have to see more of him before I am convinced he is a Dickerson as opposed to a Thompson.
Ah, I see... You just haven't watched him enough. ;)

All I know is that McFadden ran away and left everyone on LSU's team, including Mr. 4.37 Laron Landry. He's got tons of speed. If he ran a 10.8 100m, it was uphill, into the wind, on a cinder track.

I think part of McFadden's "problem" is that he makes the game look too easy. That's one of the worst cliches in sports, but it's true. You don't do what he's done with mediocre speed, or by making only one cut. He makes guys miss, he just does it subtly, without wasted motion. He reminds me a little of Marcus Allen in that way.

I don't like to hype college guys too much because so many of them are compared to all-time greats before they've done a thing. But McFadden is the best I've seen in a long time. From what I've seen up to this point, he'll easily be better than Peterson.

Halen88

Reaction score
Well David Lee,former Cowboys QB coach, is the new OC for the Razorbacks...If he helps QB Casey Dick at all....look out for RunDMC...Felix Jones is another Razorback RB that is Good...

adamknite

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1541517 said:
I know your not asking me but don't sleep on Slaton. He's going to be pretty good, I think.

Slaton is a good back. An NFL team can do much worse than drafting him. Slaton would be considered the best back in my eyes if it wasn't for DMac.

dallasfan

Reaction score
nyc;1541332 said:
How many players have you ever seen in the NFL that uses speed to make players miss in the NFL as much as he does in college? Right. None. While some players can make people miss with speed, none do it like it gets done in college by many players. Why? The talent level.

Okay, how many power runners run people over like they did in college? None, for the same reasons, the NFL is more talented. If you think Adrian Peterson is better, that's fine. I'd probably feel the same way, if it weren't for all the injuries, but don't knock McFadden b/c of it. IMO, if you rank all the RBs who got drafted post LT, he'd have to be the 3rd best prospect at worst behind AP and RB, and arguably #1 after this season. And McFadden is more physical then you're giving him credit for.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1541533 said:
Ah, I see... You just haven't watched him enough. ;)

All I know is that McFadden ran away and left everyone on LSU's team, including Mr. 4.37 Laron Landry. He's got tons of speed. If he ran a 10.8 100m, it was uphill, into the wind, on a cinder track.

I think part of McFadden's "problem" is that he makes the game look too easy. That's one of the worst cliches in sports, but it's true. You don't do what he's done with mediocre speed, or by making only one cut. He makes guys miss, he just does it subtly, without wasted motion. He reminds me a little of Marcus Allen in that way.

I don't like to hype college guys too much because so many of them are compared to all-time greats before they've done a thing. But McFadden is the best I've seen in a long time. From what I've seen up to this point, he'll easily be better than Peterson.

I watched him a few times live. I'd say probably 5, maybe 6 games. Don't miss understand me, I do think he is the best back in College football right now. I just am not ready to say he's Eric Dickerson. He makes people miss by using his speed to get on them so quickly, they can not compensate for the slight change in direction he makes in the open filed. I would not say he is an ellusive back but rather, more of a speed back. I do like Steve Slaton a lot though. He's got some skills that might just translate better to the NFL. Is he a Jr. next year?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1541555 said:
I do like Steve Slaton a lot though. He's got some skills that might just translate better to the NFL. Is he a Jr. next year?

I like him a lot too. Unless I'm mistaken, he could come out for this next draft. So, he's either a Jr. or at least three years removed from high school, if that's the case.

adamknite

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1541557 said:
I like him a lot too. Unless I'm mistaken, he could come out for this next draft. So, he's either a Jr. or at least three years removed from high school, if that's the case.

I believe he is a Junior like McFadden. I may be wrong, but I think he is a Junior.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1541242 said:
If we waste a very high pick on Mcfadden it will be a disaster. He is nothing more than a good RB..that is being over hyped.

What on earth are you basing the guy on.

He is the best offensive prospect in the nation.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
You only draft a guy like McFadden if he's gonna be the guy (20+ carries a game) in your offense. How will that be the case with Barber on the roster? Ron Springs was good, but he and Dorsett didn't evenly "split" carries. I just don't see them drafting McFadden to be a complementary back.

adamknite

Reaction score
bbgun;1541564 said:
You only draft a guy like McFadden if he's gonna be the guy (20+ carries a game) in your offense. How will that be the case with Barber on the roster? Ron Springs was good, but he and Dorsett didn't evenly "split" carries. I just don't see them drafting McFadden to be a complementary back.

That's understandable. But I think with a guy like McFadden, there will still be room for Barber to get his touches. I believe Turner in San Diego got a good amount of touches/yards playing behind Tomlinson. I see your point though.

If Cleveland tanks hard enough and McFadden is there when we pick I just don't see how we could pass him up. Sorta like the vikings taking Peterson when they already had Taylor. Of course this is all taking into account that DMac comes out this year. If he stays in school then that's all there is to it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
bbgun;1541564 said:

It would be like you said: Barber would be Springs and McFadden would be Dorsett.

You don't pass on a McFadden because you have a nice complimentary RB already on the team. The Saints didn't pass on Bush simply because they had McCallister, who is miles better than Barber.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1541580 said:
It would be like you said: Barber would be Springs and McFadden would be Dorsett.

You don't pass on a McFadden because you have a nice complimentary RB already on the team. The Saints didn't pass on Bush simply because they had McCallister, who is miles better than Barber.
:bow:

Game, set, match.