Video: Darren Woodson: "Players/Coaches trust Dak more than they ever did Romo"

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The IT factor that Dak has? We saw it in 2016. But I don't know if Dak has had the IT factor in 2017 nor 2018.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Being a backup guard for UT San Antonio doesn't mean you understand the game.

Lou Holtz didn't play. There are lots of athletes who played who are completely clueless. Did you never play sports? Some really stupid people are in that mix.
It doesn't mean you don't understand either. That was my point. It's a rather unrealistic and pompous idea.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
gG9dmb2.png

I believe Woodson 100%. Plus I believe it is equally true throughout the organization.

Winning streaks are one thing. However, there is something to be said about essentially jettisoning your established franchise quarterback midway through his successor's rookie season. Romo understood this perception completely and knew his time was done in Dallas.

Now, Prescott has his own overzealous critics. They want him gone but what Woodson emphasizes cannot be ignored--and is equally important as the commonly accepted football precept that franchise quarterbacks are huge investments their franchises do not discard in quick fashion.

Jones and Garrett (emphasis on Jones) saw and fully bought into Prescott's 'IT Factor'. Anyone believing Jones will move pass Prescott REGARDLESS of perceived negative quarterback performance in the YEARS to come are totally fooling themselves in my opinion.
:hammer::starspin::hammer:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
More like people who watched him choke throughout his career in elimination games.

When the stakes were highest, he was at his worst. The numbers support this, dig up his game logs from win or go home games. They’re significantly worse than his career averages.
Man. Shut. Up.

Dak is 0-2 in win or go home games

Look at his stats last year in the “elimination game” :facepalm:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Not surprising. If Romo had 1/8th the leadership Dak has he would have a couple rings with the Cowboys and would need a ton of excuses for why he doesnt.

Examples of Dak Leadership. I mean it sounds good, but exactly what makes him a better leader than Romo?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The key is Frederick. He gets a full recovery then its an easy path to a great Oline. If Frederick is never the same player again, then its almost a waste. Conner Williams will be good he just needs to strengthen. We should know in the offseason. That is the good news.
:hammer:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah.. It’s a team game so putting the blame on his shoulders is just stupid if you watched the games.
I gave a Like but do not totally agree. Quarterbacks make mistakes and Romo committed his share. My issue with his overzealous critics is the usual lack or total disregard of applying appropriate blame to other players on offense, defense, special teams and/or coaches who commit errors impacting the final score.

The 'elimination games rhetoric' is the best example. Take the Philadelphia 44-6 loss for instance. It is a game that constantly resurfaces without practically any mentioning of how listless the entire team performed all four quarters. The only focus is what Romo did or did not do, real or imagined. That is tunnel vision at its finest.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This is why the petty trolls have so many issues. THIS type of thing is too complicated for them.

He is the anti Romo in every way.

And how you solve these pocket issues with DAk is:

1. maturing will help but will never fix completely
2. You get him a top Oline AGAIN. This mitigates his warts and allows his greatest traits to take center stage.

If you are NOT going to have a great line then Dak Prescott is NOT your QB. We saw this is his rookie year how good he could be. Nobody was complaining about pocket presence or accuracy or hesitation. It was there, but it was minimalized because of great pass protection.

Let's go to the Offensive Lineman tree right now and pick some good ones.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
*Yawn*The fact that you are grasping at straws and comparing Romo to QBs that actually made it to the Hall of Fame is laughable. News flash, ring of honor is as good as it's ever going to get for Romo, by and large due to the "glitch" and him choking in big moments.
That's a red herring.

No one has ever given a definition of what it means "to choke" as QB. No one has ever given a comparison as to how Romo "choked" more than other QBs to be labelled as a choker.

Like I said, it's merely a repeated media generated pejorative that relies on nothing but an argument by repetition fallacy, a modus operandi of the mechanism of propaganda.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Examples of Dak Leadership. I mean it sounds good, but exactly what makes him a better leader than Romo?
Well, we aren’t there to witness it everyday so we can only go by what is reported. Dak’s leadership has always been talked about as a strength. Tony’s leadership has been discussed typically when claims of him not being a leader were made.

Here is an article about Dak’s leadership but a quick google search reveals a ton about Dak’s leadership.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...tered-art-of-leadership-looking-for-doctorate

Dak may not have the QB talent Romo has but he definitely has the leadership advantage

Gator88

Reaction score
Nobody actually believes this, not even Woody. He wants it to be true and the coaches might want it to be true, but it isn't. I get it. Dak is the current QB and Romo isn't. Woody wishes well for Dallas so he's taking the 1 bird he has in his hand over the 2 birds he saw in the bush 3 years ago.
:hammer: just another example of a mediot trying to spin a narrative that isn't true.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Well, we aren’t there to witness it everyday so we can only go by what is reported. Dak’s leadership has always been talked about as a strength. Tony’s leadership has been discussed typically when claims of him not being a leader were made.

Here is an article about Dak’s leadership but a quick google search reveals a ton about Dak’s leadership.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...tered-art-of-leadership-looking-for-doctorate

Dak may not have the QB talent Romo has but he definitely has the leadership advantage

You know when I think of leadership on the field, as far as quarterbacks are concerned, I think of quarterbacks stepping up to someone after they messed up and talking to them. I mean I know you guys have seen plenty of those examples through the years. I mean even romo has done it. That doesn't seem to be something I see Dak doing to often. Then again, when you do that, you usually not one of the main problems for losses either.

Blake

Reaction score
That's a red herring.

No one has ever given a definition of what it means "to choke" as QB. No one has ever given a comparison as to how Romo "choked" more than other QBs to be labelled as a choker.

Like I said, it's merely a repeated media generated pejorative that relies on nothing but an argument by repetition fallacy, a modus operandi of the mechanism of propaganda.

That's also a fallacy. The proof is in the indisputable tape posted all over youtube and other various media outlets. I don't need to quote every instance of someone pointing it out or a recording of him throwing an inopportune interception to know that the evidence exists and can't be dissproved. The narrative of him being a choker didn't formulate over night.

Tape is all you need. And it exists in abundance. I'll just refer to the multiple instances it is posted on cowboyszone and leave you to keep denying the obvious.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Darren Woodson is so cool, I didn’t mind having to fast forward around those other two idiots to hear that.

There’s no serious question Tony Romo was a better QB than Dak is right now, is there? Does anybody actually not think that?

I believe what Woddy says about Dak in that locker room, though, too.