Video: Darren Woodson: "Players/Coaches trust Dak more than they ever did Romo"

Blake

Reaction score
Yeah by people who turn on espn and turn their opinion into whatever espn tells them to.

People that appeal to ESPN propaganda to deny Romo was a notorious choker despite indisputable evidence to suggest the contrary are like those who reject the holocaust. Caught up in a delusion that only you and a select few other weirdos share. The rest of us live in reality and see Romo for what he was.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It is irrelevant including the term 'competitor' when the related word 'competition' was totally and unquestionably removed from the equation. Romo 'stepped aside' because Jones and Garrett left him with no other choice. Perhaps his resignation was best for the team but his doing so was only a coincidence.

Coincidence? Weird way to say it... Romo did not just lose his starting position that season— his career was over.

He handled that transition as graciously as he possibly could have— and earned respect around the league and media for doing so.

Not sure why you are trying to say otherwise. He could have pouted at the FO or demanded an outright release... he served the best interest of the team that was in the midst of a contending season, and refused to be a distraction when he most certainly could have made it “about himself” in that moment

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No leadership? Seriously? Romo drew up the plays in the dirt because he wasn't getting any in from the sidelines.

This discussion is a joke.
Nowhere did I say he had “no leadership”.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Hurns and Beasley have publicly taken shots at Daks play

Perhaps Hurns and Beasley should focus on catching the ball. Beasley especially with that drop in the end zone for a TD. What leg is he standing on to criticize anyone after that?

Blake

Reaction score
Coincidence? Weird way to say it... Romo did not just lose his starting position that season— his career was over.

He handled that transition as graciously as he possibly could have— and earned respect around the league and media for doing so.

Not sure why you are trying to say otherwise. He could have pouted at the FO or demanded an outright release... he served the best interest of the team that was in the midst of a contending season, and refused to be a distraction when he most certainly could have made it “about himself” in that moment

I would hardly consider that melodramatic speech Romo gave to the press after being forced to step aside, "handling the transition gracefully". That was super cringe. He could've simply said "yeah yeah, I'm not the starting QB anymore" and stepped aside instead of writing an awkward dear john letter that no one even asked for.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Yeah by people who turn on espn and turn their opinion into whatever espn tells them to.

More like people who watched him choke throughout his career in elimination games.

When the stakes were highest, he was at his worst. The numbers support this, dig up his game logs from win or go home games. They’re significantly worse than his career averages.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Darren Woodson retired before Romo played. Everything he is saying is just speculation except for “Romo was a better QB than Dak.” That’s just obvious.

landroverking

Reaction score
Don’t think the story has been written yet?
To say Dak has more of the “it factor “ at this point is just premature.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I would hardly consider that melodramatic speech Romo gave to the press after being forced to step aside, "handling the transition gracefully". That was super cringe. He could've simply said "yeah yeah, I'm not the starting QB anymore" and stepped aside instead of writing an awkward dear john letter that no one even asked for.

Cynical much? Lol

Go back and look at the response around that event— overwhelmingly supportive and positive.

Romo let the public in to a private moment and struggle— and I have no problem with him doing so. He is a passionate person and gave his all for Dallas and wanted to end with a SB trophy and was coming to grips with the reality that that wasn’t going to happen.

Nothing but respect for the way he handled that IMO... and I think Dak has spoken well and handled his side of the equation fine too.

foofighters

Reaction score
More like people who watched him choke throughout his career in elimination games.

When the stakes were highest, he was at his worst. The numbers support this, dig up his game logs from win or go home games. They’re significantly worse than his career averages.
Romo had one of the best 4th Q QBR's. But I will play along with your statement because you lack the ability to dig down deep into issues. These win or go home games were against good teams with good coaching...on average this is more than likely the case. Our coaches have not been very good and are easily out coached. This is the main reason why we struggled. Did Romo throw pics and make poor decisions at times? Sure but it was either that or he get crucified for not making a decision and losing anyway because he was tentative. I could go on but you obviously haven't gotten over Romo taking your girlfriend away and are still salty about it. So hate on...

foofighters

Reaction score
Daren Woodson is another mediot pundit to you? Interesting. Do you even know who this man is?!
I know exactly who he is. You don't think there is a recipe for these shows? It doesn't matter who is talking, there formula is the same. It's all for ratings that guys like you swallow.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Everyones fall back is "Dak started day 1, Romo had time"...this is the end of year 3 for Dak; hes still having year 1 issues.
Yes..issues.

But he is the guy the organization believes in.

The team does,too.

As far as Hurns and Beasley taking shots..

I think they have both been shown up by Cooper in a half dozen games.

Hurns will be released after this year and Beasley will not be resigned, either.

So you have agendas going on with them wanting more passes to increase their FA value.

So we have no choice other than to hope the OL recovers in time to help DAK show what he can do.

The injures to the OL have been a huge part of the problem.

That's what happens when you place all the emphasis on the OL to dominate TOP..

spearhead the rushing attack

and win games as a group.

Strip that away..

problems are going to crop up.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Romo had one of the best 4th Q QBR's. But I will play along with your statement because you lack the ability to dig down deep into issues. These win or go home games were against good teams with good coaching...on average this is more than likely the case. Our coaches have not been very good and are easily out coached. This is the main reason why we struggled. Did Romo throw pics and make poor decisions at times? Sure but it was either that or he get crucified for not making a decision and losing anyway because he was tentative. I could go on but you obviously haven't gotten over Romo taking your girlfriend away and are still salty about it. So hate on...

Ok

He still played awful in elimination games throughout his career and will be remembered as a choker. You can blame his supporting cast if you like, but ultimately it’s his performance that tanked in big games. 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12... all years where he played his worst when we needed him at his best to advance. That trend is real whether you acknowledge it or not, doesn’t matter to me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I watched the games..

I don’t need to look at numbers.

erod

Reaction score
What a load of crap.

Every player on that offense would trade Task for a healthy Romo on a nanosecond.

Receivers like catchable balls thrown in time downfield.

erod

Reaction score

Or, you could learn and understand football, which you do not.