CFZ Dave Campo Years were not because of the QB

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think it was the DC years that saw Jerry with a Whistle around his neck during camp. It was rather embarrassing. He really believed he could coach the team. Dave never had a chance. He was undermined from the get go and he was not fit for the job as well. Jerry had the perfect yes man. Mike Fisher is the one guy that defends Jerry on this.

Reaction score
we all may prefer site moderators/owner restrict this post cause maybe bad opinions should be censored too :confused:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Did some of you turn to cannibalism during the Dave Campo apocalyptic tenure? Judging by everyone’s potential reaction to what next if the Cowboys moved on from Dak - that of eating each other’s feces and washing it down with pig vomit.

Help me think of a QB that a team built around for more than 7 years that suddenly started making it to just the conference championship game after never reaching the threshold before. I am trying to understand you guys but cannot. Why continue to put money on a team’s core when they are aging and never reached the final four of the tournament?

Those Cowboys’ teams gave multiple 1st round picks to Seattle to acquire Joey Galloway and almost helped Seattle win a Super Bowl whilst crapping on the Dallas franchise. The team’s scouting department and draft management were a catastrophe those years and had been since Jimmy left. It wasn’t just the QB.

If I have learned anything by watching this season, it’s that there are many QB’s that can have good regular season success if:
1. The team has a decent offensive line and a strong running game.
2. The team commits to a ball control approach and does not turn the ball over much if at all
3. The defense is strong with a good pass rush.
4. The QB takes the easiest (highest probability) yardage gaining most times they get the chance.
5. Decent special teams play.
6. Not too many key injuries.

These 6 can get you into the playoffs with many QB’s. I would be fine moving on from any core players over 27 if the Cowboys don’t make it to the conference championship game this postseason. I know that the team cannot move on from Dak for at least 2 years.
I mean what has Rodgers accomplished besides 1 super bowl? Drew Brees?

Blitzen

Reaction score
I mean what has Rodgers accomplished besides 1 super bowl? Drew Brees?

Multiple championship game appearances. Taking teams on deep playoff runs multiple times. Rodgers won multiple NFL MVP’s though I don’t care too much about that award. So there’s that.

Blitzen

Reaction score
What is it you really want to say?

But short... keep it brief.

That losing the core of this team does not take the team straight back to the Dave Campo years. Those years had so much going wrong at every single level of the organization-and it bled way into the 2000’s. That building a winning team should result in more playoff success over 6 years (if building around the same core). Otherwise, the team is signaling status quo is okay with them if it’s okay with the fans.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Multiple championship game appearances. Taking teams on deep playoff runs multiple times. Rodgers won multiple NFL MVP’s though I don’t care too much about that award. So there’s that.
How many years was he in? Regardless of sitting or not?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
In what? Conference Championship games?
Yes. Garrett was complete trash as a coach and I think we will see Dak improve in the next few years brother. I could be wrong, but like you said we have 2 years to make this decision.

plymkr

Reaction score

Peak coaching stats

That's so fitting to sum up the Campo years. Did everyone also notice Dewayne Goodrich in the video, our prized 2nd round CB draft pick. Goodrich is probably the only person that can make you feel better about Kelvin Joseph.

CWR

Reaction score
Ugh! I just got a mental picture of Dave Campo in that wet suit when the Cowboys visited Seaworld during training camp. He looked like a fuzzy headed mini shamu.

Yeah that was quite a power move by Dave.

RonWashington

Reaction score
campo didnt have romo, witten, and decent ol.

Campo was a good DB secondary coach on SB teams seemed like a players coach but I’m sorry 15-33 after three seasons yeah time for a change . Same with Wade . Good DC lousy HC .

Blitzen

Reaction score
Campo was a good DB secondary coach on SB teams seemed like a players coach but I’m sorry 15-33 after three seasons yeah time for a change . Same with Wade . Good DC lousy HC .

I’m in agreement that he probably was not head coaching material. He was given a crate of ashes to win with. The Galloway trade, retirement of Aikman, aging expensive veterans, poor lines of scrimmage, disastrous draft decisions. It’s remarkable they won games let alone 5 per year. The years that followed the 96-97 season to about 2006 would have resulted in 2-3 new GM’s with other clubs.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Yeah that was quite a power move by Dave.

Picture of Campo with our future HC Jason Garrett. Who says training camp has to be tough. Poor Joe Avezzano got stuck with those two buffoons.

camposeaworld.jpg

Reactions: CWR