Dave Ragone released...

baj1dallas

Reaction score
twa said:
It's the old Oiler system, when Pastorini would drop back and run for his life.

Seems like I remember Archie Manning playing in that system for the Saint's too:lmao:

It's the same system Detroit's been running for the last 20 years, if you've ever seen one of their games.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
cstanton1987 said:
I remember him from Louisville he had a nice strong arm seemed to be accurate immobile and fat though who's spot would he take though

Thats the exact opposite, he was a mobile QB at Louisville and used that to his advantage. Ragone's problem was his accuracy I would say he's a left handed Quincy Carter who uses his mobility to his advantage.

I do remember his sophmore year he had an amazing season, he was touted as one of the best prospects. He was often compared to Steve Young, but the following year things went down hill. I think it was a decline in his receivers and an injury to his arm.

Ragone is rough around the edges, I don't think he'd be much of an improvement over Romo.

kartr

Reaction score
zrinkill said:
What system is that? ..... the stand in place and get speared QB system?

Thats all I see happen to Carr

Carr can't read defenses fast enough, which causes him to take so many sacks. This time next year, everyone will realize this and ask how could Houston not take Vince Young and not why they didn't take Reggie Bush.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:
Carr can't read defenses fast enough, which causes him to take so many sacks. This time next year, everyone will realize this and ask how could Houston not take Vince Young and not why they didn't take Reggie Bush.

And Vince Young reads defenses any faster than Carr?

silver

Reaction score
why would we want scrap from the worst team in the league is beyond me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he clears waivers, a look won't cost anything. Dallas would probably have an advantage in terms of proximity to Houston and his familiarity with Palmer. What would it cost the Cowboys to bring him in for a look? Parcells doesn't seem to put a proprity on a quarterback's mobility - or lack thereof.

Houston has cut plenty of players who still have talent. Aaron Glenn was a nice gift last season. Maybe Ragone can be this year......

A free look couldn't hurt.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:
And Vince Young reads defenses any faster than Carr?

Who needs to read defenses when you can sit 8 yards behind the LOS, with perfect protection, and look for wide open receivers standing still? Plus, if they don't have a ten yard cushion between them and the defender, you can always take off and run since you're so much more talented athletically than the opposing LBs? :)

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
kartr said:

Carr can't read defenses fast enough because he only has about three milliseconds to do something before he's got D-Lineman in his face. Bledsoe would be in a coma if he played behind that line.

Not saying Carr is their long term answer at Quarterback, but how would one know how well the guy can or cannot "read defenses" based on the manner he is simultaneously mauled by defenders as soon as the ball is snapped?