Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody that thinks this proves something is fooling themselves. Sure Dak is still learning and needs improvement but go watch the QB accuracy competition at the skills challenge. Wilson did worst then Dak.

Dak already said he will work on accuracy and his 3rd year will tell more
What;s to tell here???? Dak STINKS up the house and no way anyone can coach him to greatness...NEXT!!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak is a good kid but his accurate issues were in full display on that video.

Most of the throws were fine. Sure, it would have been great to hit the target, but receivers' catch radius would have handled most of the throws. The ones that were concerning for me were the high throws. That's a technique issue that we saw at times during the season.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of the throws were fine. Sure, it would have been great to hit the target, but receivers' catch radius would have handled most of the throws. The ones that were concerning for me were the high throws. That's a technique issue that we saw at times during the season.

Its only a question of time when Daks inaccurate throws gets one of our receivers KILLED out there....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Its only a question of time when Daks inaccurate throws gets one of our receivers KILLED out there....

It's funny how many of the overreactions on here are the same that we saw with Romo for many years. Now, that Romo's gone so many more seem to realize exactly what we had at quarterback and that most of the problems that we had had little to do with him. And those same people jump all over any negative about Prescott, not willing to wait and see exactly what we have in him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dak is a good kid but his accurate issues were in full display on that video.
and in most games he plays.

love dak and his attitude, but accuracy has never been a strong point. in his first year he was way off A LOT and while not many resulted in an INT, those were coming. in year 2, they did. for the cowboys sake i hope he can improve here but accuracy is just a lot of hand / eye coordination that it makes me wonder how much he *can* improve.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an example of a guy that was actually ruined by horrible blocking, while Dak slid right into an-all pro line, with one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL.

I agree. I think Houston destroyed his career. I think he took something like 49 sacks one year.

Ken

Reaction score
Is it okay if I ruin your narrative? Completion percentage is not equal to accuracy and you can’t compare statistics more than a decade apart.
But here’s a “stat” you may like:
Number of years leading the NFL in completion percentage:
Carr 1
Dak 0
LOL.

Carr never led the NFL in Completion percentage.

(Just realized this was David Carr, not the actual good brother Derek, my bad)

Ken

Reaction score
Hey, it happened. We wish it didn't happen or that Dak had shown him how its done. Throwing career stats is pretty meaningless since nobody is arguing Carr was any good as an NFL QB. He was a bust. ..............however, he was way more accurate than Dak in that little competition, and Dak should be embarrassed. He was even missing the targets 10 yards in front him.
OH crap...my bad. I thought this was Derek Carr!

Oh, then who cares even more!

khiladi

Reaction score
Is it okay if I ruin your narrative? Completion percentage is not equal to accuracy and you can’t compare statistics more than a decade apart.
But here’s a “stat” you may like:
Number of years leading the NFL in completion percentage:
Carr 1
Dak 0

Never forget that Weeden threw for 72% completion percentage in the Cowboys offense too...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks this proves something is fooling themselves. Sure Dak is still learning and needs improvement but go watch the QB accuracy competition at the skills challenge. Wilson did worst then Dak.

Dak already said he will work on accuracy and his 3rd year will tell more
Right. But no one saw RUssell....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny how many of the overreactions on here are the same that we saw with Romo for many years. Now, that Romo's gone so many more seem to realize exactly what we had at quarterback and that most of the problems that we had had little to do with him. And those same people jump all over any negative about Prescott, not willing to wait and see exactly what we have in him.

Please do not compare Romo to Dak simply very insulting to no 9....whatever Romo shortcomings at least he could pass you to a TD on the other hand Dak is a Tim Tebow type QB and forget the miracles that Jerry and some of folks here are selling you Dak is NOT qualified to start for any NFL team esp America's Team......Only thing Dak is good for is handing off to Zeke beyond that your looking for fairy tale endings.....Dont happen in the NFL....esp with inept players like Dak feeding off of true talents such as Zeke...and our offline....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and in most games he plays.

love dak and his attitude, but accuracy has never been a strong point. in his first year he was way off A LOT and while not many resulted in an INT, those were coming. in year 2, they did. for the cowboys sake i hope he can improve here but accuracy is just a lot of hand / eye coordination that it makes me wonder how much he *can* improve.
He was way off? In his rookie year? You sure this is Dak you are talking about?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Please do not compare Romo to Dak simply very insulting to no 9....whatever Romo shortcomings at least he could pass you to a TD on the other hand Dak is a Tim Tebow type QB and forget the miracles that Jerry and some of folks here are selling you Dak is NOT qualified to start for any NFL team esp America's Team......Only thing Dak is good for is handing off to Zeke beyond that your looking for fairy tale endings.....Dont happen in the NFL....esp with inept players like Dak feeding off of true talents such as Zeke...and our offline....

Do you know what inept means?

khiladi

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus tweeted that Dak has problems in practice with his accuracy. He tweeted that he was a well-known poor practice player, but justified this by saying he had a 13-3 in record. These tweets were made last off-season. Remember, Kellen Moore had the starting job when Romo was recovering from surgery until he also got injured in training camp.

Dak is known for his poor accuracy. 13-3 was an anomaly overall...

And then 2017 happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.