Video: David Carr challenges Dak Prescott to a passing competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, that contest means so much! Lmao. I'd rather take a gander at the stats. Also, I'd rather wait until Dak's career is wrapped up before we compare him to a QB who never did anything. In fact, in just 2 years Dak has statistically surpassed ANY two seasons Carr played.
The amount of hatred and knee jerk reactions in this place is astounding.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus tweeted that Dak has problems in practice with his accuracy. He tweeted that he was a well-known poor practice player, but justified this by saying he had a 13-3 in record. These tweets were made last off-season. Remember, Kellen Moore had the starting job when Romo was recovering from surgery until he also got injured in training camp.

Dak is known for his poor accuracy. 13-3 was an anomaly overall...

And then 2017 happened.

Hmmm....so one guy looks poor in practice but looks good during games....and Kellen Moore looks good in practice but sucks in games...yeah....give me the latter guy. Where do I sign up for the great Kellen Moore?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus tweeted that Dak has problems in practice with his accuracy. He tweeted that he was a well-known poor practice player, but justified this by saying he had a 13-3 in record. These tweets were made last off-season. Remember, Kellen Moore had the starting job when Romo was recovering from surgery until he also got injured in training camp.

Dak is known for his poor accuracy. 13-3 was an anomaly overall...

And then 2017 happened.
Than 2017 could be considered an anomaly as well. Because all we have to go on is 2 seasons.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Please do not compare Romo to Dak simply very insulting to no 9....whatever Romo shortcomings at least he could pass you to a TD on the other hand Dak is a Tim Tebow type QB and forget the miracles that Jerry and some of folks here are selling you Dak is NOT qualified to start for any NFL team esp America's Team......Only thing Dak is good for is handing off to Zeke beyond that your looking for fairy tale endings.....Dont happen in the NFL....esp with inept players like Dak feeding off of true talents such as Zeke...and our offline....
The only ones comparing him to Romo are those who are on his nuts and can't get over him retiring. What has Romo done?

khiladi

Reaction score
Wade Wilsom also said this in year 2:

https://scout.com/nfl/cowboys/Article/Cowboys-QB-Coach-Wilson-On-Dak-Romo-74905506

We had him early on, and his feet were kind of crazy and goofed up a little bit, and had never been under center, never called a play and learned all these words and what they mean, and “What am I supposed to do with all of that?”, and he said “Give me a week”. And that’s my favorite story with Dak Prescott. “Give me a week, and I’ll get my feet right, I’ll master the verbiage, and let’s go to work.”

Basically, this is what his scouting report said and it became obvious once again in year 2 in particular.

Well I think he’s going to get a lot more offseason work. Last year he didn’t have that much exposure into our offense in the offseason for sure. In training camp and after the first two guys got hurt, of course he got a lot. Just getting more reps, getting more adept at the offense, We’ll give him more on his plate that he can change at the line of scrimmage. Coach Linehan does a great job of playing to his strengths, so we’re going to shotgun a little bit more, do the zone read a little bit more, and he’s going to do stuff that he’s comfortable with. And I think that getting all of these reps, and doing all of these things over and over again, he’s just going to react, instead of just thinking a lot.

So they basically gave Dak more responsibility, including being allowed to change plays at the line of scrimmage and he actually got worse at it.

Well I think it’s key. I mean, we loved Carson Wentz coming out, and to be perfectly honest, does he have what we have (in terms of offensive personnel)? I don’t think so, but that’s not slighting Dak to any stretch of the imagination. He comes in and he works, and he demands respect of the group, but if you have an offensive line, If you have a running game, if you have a tight end, you’ve got a slot receiver, you’ve got Dez at receiver, you’ve got Terrance at receiver, that is a lot of weapons. So I’m not saying it’s easy on Dak, but it’s better than some situations.

Then Wade says that Dak has better personnel to rely on, as compared to Wentz.

khiladi

Reaction score
Than 2017 could be considered an anomaly as well. Because all we have to go on is 2 seasons.

Not if you go back to college, which I stated. Plus, these things became apparent against Minnesota and the Giants in 2016.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not if you go back to college, which I stated. Plus, these things became apparent against Minnesota and the Giants in 2016.
College, really? He improved every season he played, lmao.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Please do not compare Romo to Dak simply very insulting to no 9....whatever Romo shortcomings at least he could pass you to a TD on the other hand Dak is a Tim Tebow type QB and forget the miracles that Jerry and some of folks here are selling you Dak is NOT qualified to start for any NFL team esp America's Team......Only thing Dak is good for is handing off to Zeke beyond that your looking for fairy tale endings.....Dont happen in the NFL....esp with inept players like Dak feeding off of true talents such as Zeke...and our offline....

I have defended Romo every year he's been here and believe that he is a Hall-of-Fame-caliber QB without the hardware that will get him in. The only way I'm comparing Dak to him is in the way Prescott is being treated by fans.

Romo was maligned here ignorantly, and it's apparent the same is going to happen to Prescott. And I say that not knowing how Prescott is going to turn out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have defended Romo every year he's been here and believe that he is a Hall-of-Fame-caliber QB without the hardware that will get him in. The only way I'm comparing Dak to him is in the way Prescott is being treated by fans.

Romo was maligned here ignorantly, and it's apparent the same is going to happen to Prescott. And I say that not knowing how Prescott is going to turn out.

I think Dak could get a ring and these same people will discredit him and try and replace him because he's it as unpredictable or exciting as Romo was.

On a lesser scale, I seen people do it wo with chris Jones...everyone initially felt he sucked because not he didn't no have McBriar's leg.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. I think Houston destroyed his career. I think he took something like 49 sacks one year.

Scary thing is the 49 sacks he took was the 3rd highest total during his career.

He got sacked 76 times in 2002, and 68 times in 2005. He led the league in sacks taken 3 out of 5 years he was a starter (and was 2nd once). And yet we talk about how bad our line played last year giving up 32 (not saying they were without fault mind you).

Houston absolutely destroyed his career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wade Wilson flat out states that the reason they went with Dak over Romo, was because of the 'team concept'. Which turned out to be a disaster...
If that was a disaster then what was Romo's career? He and Dak share the same accomplishment of not getting to a NFC championship game.

Gameover

Reaction score
I think Dak could get a ring and these same people will discredit him and try and replace him because he's it as unpredictable or exciting as Romo was.

On a lesser scale, I seen people do it wo with chris Jones...everyone initially felt he sucked because not he didn't no have McBriar's leg.
Dak will take us back to the promise land!

Status
Not open for further replies.