David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He verbatim said and I quote:

Eight years of bad QB play might give me that, huh? Tell me what TDS is?

You guys always do this...tell me what someone said when I read it with my own two eyes and then have the nerve to say "truth hurts" as if you said something controversial lol.
You seem to respond to EVERY one of my posts, so I was really speaking for myself. I'VE never said he was bad or that I dislike him. I just don't think he can take the team farther than regular season success. And, I think he's not worth what he'll get in a new contract.

Key points of this post:

1. Not a playoff contender though not bad;
2. Good guy;
3. Not worth a third contract imho.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You seem to respond to EVERY one of my posts, so I was really speaking for myself. I'VE never said he was bad or that I dislike him. I just don't think he can take the team farther than regular season success. And, I think he's not worth what he'll get in a new contract.

Key points of this post:

1. Not a playoff contender though not bad;
2. Good guy;
3. Not worth a third contract imho.
Understood. I think you're speaking to the choir in this thread.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean, imo, the fact that his dad is Deion is probably the biggest reason he's had as much attention as he has. It is funny to me how people will criticse Dak's record against teams with winning records, and turn a blind eye to a similar record that Shadeur has in college. I know Colorado had a nice turn around, but I thought they were rather over hyped. He has another season or two to change the narrative, but, imo, I'm not so sure I want Shadeur.
Well I mentioned this and they said its the "unknown" they like lol....though we KNOW he can't beat good teams in college...Its just a headache i'd want no part of. I respect what Deion has done for himself and his son but i'm over seeing a father and son routine screw up this team. And yeah Colorodo was overhyped soon as a quality team came through smacked the back down to reality.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood. I think you're speaking to the choir in this thread.
I've been a fan for a long time, over 62 years. I've earned the right to voice my opinions without it being considered speaking to the choir. I believe we are still allowed to voice our individual opinions on this board, right?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well I mentioned this and they said its the "unknown" they like lol....though we KNOW he can't beat good teams in college...Its just a headache i'd want no part of. I respect what Deion has done for himself and his son but i'm over seeing a father and son routine screw up this team. And yeah Colorodo was overhyped soon as a quality team came through smacked the back down to reality.

If he can't beat top college teams, how can he be at top NFL teams? I think the people here wanting him would turn on him in about 3 years when they realise what I see about him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I contacted a priest. He will be giving you the last rites as soon as he arrives.
Good, I'm tired of this old world anyway.
How far can a man stretch a dollar
I thought as I counted my pay.

I told myself over and over,
there must be a better way.

No light at the end of the tunnel,
my whole world is falling apart.

And I need this weight on my shoulders
like I need a hole in my heart.

I'm gonna move way back in the mountains,
build a cabin nobody can find.

I'm gonna leave this old city behind.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good, I'm tired of this old world anyway.
How far can a man stretch a dollar
I thought as I counted my pay.

I told myself over and over,
there must be a better way.

No light at the end of the tunnel,
my whole world is falling apart.

And I need this weight on my shoulders
like I need a hole in my heart.

build a cabin nobody can find.

I'm gonna leave this old city behind.
Two things. First, Merle Haggard cannot help you out of this. :) Second, do not go into the light! Do not listen to the little lady saying to cross over! She's tricky! :mad:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two things. First, Merle Haggard cannot help you out of this. :) Second, do not go into the light! Do not listen to the little lady saying to cross over! She's tricky! :mad:
Good advice, but now what do I tell the Priest when he shows up?

So confusing...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good advice, but now what do I tell the Priest when he shows up?

So confusing...
Ask, "Can you help out an old altar boy, Father?"

Wait. Scratch that. You may have a lot of holy water thrown on you.

Tell him you asked Friar Tuck for help but he was drunk and did nothing. The priest will roll his eyes, say he understands and will administer the rites.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ask, "Can you help out an old altar boy, Father?"

Wait. Scratch that. You may have a lot of holy water thrown on you.

Tell him you asked Friar Tuck for help but he was drunk and did nothing. The priest will roll his eyes, say he understands and will administer the rites.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the Saints, the sinners are much more fun.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That shouldn't belittle what they did in the regular season. Only four organizations in NFL history have won 12 games or more in 4 seasons or higher. McCarthy could join that list next year (unlikely).
It actually should belittle it because they failed to cash in on it, and have the NFL record for FAILURE to cash in on the most 12 win seasons without making it to a conference title game, AND keep adding to our growing NFL record of playoff trips WITHOUT making it to a conference title game.

Wanting to hype up the empty calories of regular seasons just puts a spotlight on how much this franchise has sucked and underachieved in the playoffs this century (which is 1/4 over already).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It actually should belittle it because they failed to cash in on it, and have the NFL record for FAILURE to cash in on the most 12 win seasons without making it to a conference title game, AND keep adding to our growing NFL record of playoff trips WITHOUT making it to a conference title game.

Wanting to hype up the empty calories of regular seasons just puts a spotlight on how much this franchise has sucked and underachieved in the playoffs this century (which is 1/4 over already).
How many rings should they have this century?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I disagree. I do totally agree that Dallas generally beats up on inferior opponents (like NYG and WAS), but they usually dominate those teams. You can only beat the teams in front of you and Dallas typically beats those inferior teams by double digits. They haven't stepped up against winning records and that's obvious, but it's not like they’re just squeaking by the bad teams.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I argued with Helman last year when he said the Cowboys were setting up Dak to fail and take the blame when they lost.

He ended up being 100% correct and I was 100% wrong.
SO I am going to let him have this one....