David Helman I would love for this to be Dak's last year in Dallas. (For Dak Prescott's sake.)

DanA

Reaction score
Dak is a good player but 60m is crippling. A few teams could wear the contract but Cowboys aren’t one of them. With our current cap/roster, we aren’t going anywhere with Dak as QB. If we want to shoot for a superbowl ring in the next 5 years we should roll the dice on a QB in the draft.

davidr295

Reaction score
Dak is a good player but 60m is crippling. A few teams could wear the contract but Cowboys aren’t one of them. With our current cap/roster, we aren’t going anywhere with Dak as QB. If we want to shoot for a superbowl ring in the next 5 years we should roll the dice on a QB in the draft.
Dude don't bring football into this weird *** thread lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good luck this run of stumbling into good QBs. It took five years to stumble in the Romo and look at our records prior to that. We couldn’t have gotten luckier stumbling into Dak when we did with Romo’s body falling apart. The last three times he hit the ground something broke.

Yup, and not to mention what Jerry wanted (Manziel) to replace Romo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys don’t believe in free agency so might as well invest in QB lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's not just the 60M, it's the fact it's the 3rd contract that makes it problematic. Because all of that money being pushed forward has to be added to the cap.

Trevor Lawrence's contract isn't that bad because they have 7 years to spread out a 5 year contract. The contract he gets following this one will be tougher to manage. That's the issue they have with Dak right now. I'm not sure he's worth it.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Again with the double speak. You always partially agree both ways and then make claims you did not. So Jerry just forgot how to be a good owner? I will continue to blame the professional players that actually play the game
I’m knew I should’ve looked at this thread. To absolve Jerry for his utterly disgraceful run as a GM is so incredible it makes me believe you are on the payroll.

Jerry has admitted he probably would’ve been fired if he didn’t own the team but you somehow would hang onto him for 29 years of futility?

“Professional” players come and go but there is only one constant.

Sorry I can’t even read or respond to a reply because you are not based in reality.

Notice I was really nice though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What he got to do with dak
Do you think these guys average
Minshew, C.J. Stroud and Tua Tagovailoa from the AFC and Jalen Hurts, Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield from the NFC. All selected to the pro bowl
Really geno smith …. lol
I don't even know what you're trying to say.

First off, none of those guys were all pro except Hurts and he had a great year 2022 and was far from "average".

CJ Stroud and Tua are damn good quarterbacks and Geno has turned his career around. Minshew is a solid QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is why it doesn't matter to me either way. The chances of us landing an elite QB is very slim.
Exactly. If someone could convince me that we'd spend 14-20 million a year on QB and spend the rest in free agency on a 1tech and linebackers i'd be all for it. Problem is....i've seen this team use its resources to spend on running backs and guys like Cedric Thorton and Nolan Carroll.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fwiw, I think Sanders strikes me very similarly to how Manziel struck me when he was in college. Decent college QB. Has a tie with the Cowboys, but he seems a little overly cocky for my liking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fwiw, I think Sanders strikes me very similarly to how Manziel struck me when he was in college. Decent college QB. Has a tie with the Cowboys, but he seems a little overly cocky for my liking.
Yeah I mean to be honest I don't know what guys see in him that they wouldn't be willing to see in Trey Lance. Shedeur has had a career all over the place. That's in part because of Deion. And its fine he's young but as a NFL prospect no one can convince me they have any idea how good he is and that's pretty much all of these guys about to come out. I'm guessing someone next year will set themselves apart from the rest of the pack but its hard to see that now at this point.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak hasn’t been bad for 8 years. You guys get stuck in this hole and can’t get out and start saying some crazy things.
No one has really said Dak is bad. He has just hit his ceiling. He's proven thus far he can't take his team into the playoffs and raise his game to win. Sorry, truth hurts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one has really said Dak is bad. He has just hit his ceiling. He's proven thus far he can't take his team into the playoffs and raise his game to win. Sorry, truth hurts.
He verbatim said and I quote:

Eight years of bad QB play might give me that, huh? Tell me what TDS is?

You guys always do this...tell me what someone said when I read it with my own two eyes and then have the nerve to say "truth hurts" as if you said something controversial lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah I mean to be honest I don't know what guys see in him that they wouldn't be willing to see in Trey Lance. Shedeur has had a career all over the place. That's in part because of Deion. And its fine he's young but as a NFL prospect no one can convince me they have any idea how good he is and that's pretty much all of these guys about to come out. I'm guessing someone next year will set themselves apart from the rest of the pack but its hard to see that now at this point.

I mean, imo, the fact that his dad is Deion is probably the biggest reason he's had as much attention as he has. It is funny to me how people will criticse Dak's record against teams with winning records, and turn a blind eye to a similar record that Shadeur has in college. I know Colorado had a nice turn around, but I thought they were rather over hyped. He has another season or two to change the narrative, but, imo, I'm not so sure I want Shadeur.