David Irving: Garrett told me to 'quit, smoke all the weed I want'

agk136

Reaction score
Wonder if Irving would jump off a bridge if Garrett told him? SMH

Little Jr

Reaction score
Honestly, don't blame Garrett for that response. Either you're helping a team get better or you're making it worse. Irving not be eligible to play by choice inherently means he made Garrett's team worse. So...gotta go.

As an aside, I hope the League changes their stance on enforcing marijuana testing and punishment. Possibly take the approach of the other major sports. Change the threshold for failing the test or how you enforce it.
They did in 2014. They doubled it from 15 nanograms to 35. It takes 3 fail test before you are suspended. 5 before you are suspended for a year.

I think the NFL should just get rid of the test. Actually , I believe all jobs should get rid of the test. But like me and many others, we have to take drug tests and have to make a choice which one is more important. I chose my job in 1997.

People also have to realize, when they defend these players by saying they need it for injuries and pain, there are every day Joe's that could use it for that also but choose not to because they have drug test and choose their job over weed. Might I add, a lot lower paying job than a NFL player.

When they defend them because they need it for mental health issues, marijuana can cause these conditions also. Yes, they can help but also cause them . Has any one ever thought that people like Irving and Gregory problems could be from smoking it? Smoking it from a early age and that's why they have the issues they do now?

Again , I think it should be legal, but it's not a miracle drug and can do harm also.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Don't get why fans would be angry over this. It's been obvious for sometime professional football was not David's passion. This just makes it official. Now he can move on to another career or whatever he chooses to do. Whatever his decision, I say go for it, the NFL and Cowboys will be fine.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
So if Garret told him to jump off a cliff....???

You can tell the drugs are taking over his mind and stunting his mental growth. Garret got fed up with his antics and probably told him go do as you please but dont expect to play for Dallas or in the NFL.

I have a feeling the guy is going to end up a firecracker ready to explode.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Don't get why fans would be angry over this. It's been obvious for sometime professional football was not David's passion. This just makes it official. Now he can move on to another career or whatever he chooses to do. Whatever his decision, I say go for it, the NFL and Cowboys will be fine.
I’ll be praying for him that it doesn’t involve prison time. He’s not very bright and has issues on top of that.

Brax

Reaction score
Ex-Cowboys DT David Irving: Jason Garrett told me to 'quit, smoke all the weed I want'
Jori Epstein, USA TODAYPublished 7:18 a.m. ET March 16, 2019 | Updated 10:39 a.m. ET March 16, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-cowboys-jason-garrett-marijuana/3181258002/
first step to recovery is admit you have a problem, he hasn't. DI is a dope head, lets blame the coach now. Jerry loves the dope heads gets a season or 2 on the cheap. That Jerry what a GM, all druggies and domestic abusers welcome if the price is right.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
first step to recovery is admit you have a problem, he hasn't. DI is a dope head, lets blame the coach now. Jerry loves the dope heads gets a season or 2 on the cheap. That Jerry what a GM, all druggies and domestic abusers welcome if the price is right.

Yea, now his blaming Garret and not taking on responsibility for his actions.

GenoT

Reaction score
Hope Garrett told Beasley to go form a rap group and drop some cuts when The Beaze blew town.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope Jason was clapping while doing so and gave him a fanny pat out the door :thumbup:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll bet David Irving would like nothing better than to blame his problems on Garrett.

Too bad -- even a drooling idiot can see he's responsible for his own fate.

Here's a guy who's living proof that there's no cure for stupidity.

Last edited:

garyv

Reaction score
And a good soldier follows orders :lmao:

I hate crybabies. Irving knows what right or wrong. Some people try to act as thought it's therapy that is BS. He likes the high and the laziness it brings so enjoy.

I've known people that's used it and what I hear it calms them down but does increase hunger however mental judgement is affected.

Eanwen

Reaction score
-Irving says players should have the option to pursue medical treatments with cannabis. He believes the mental illnesses he was diagnosed with in therapy – manic depression, borderline schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder, he said – have resulted from concussions at the professional level.

“You can check all my medical records. I wasn’t diagnosed with any of these things before the NFL,” Irving said. “I’ve been in what, four and a half years now?

“It was scary to know I played a sport and am having these concussions and I don’t really know how long I’m going to live. Memory loss, pains, [and] I have these mood swings, bipolar disorder. If you ask me, it’s all related to the concussions.”-

The depression I understand but I've never heard of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder being a byproduct of concussions