David Irving: Garrett told me to 'quit, smoke all the weed I want'

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have lower expectations in life, and you have a bank acct bumping a million, and I bet Irving does,, than I can see that smoking weed could be a priority in your life.
Choices, choices. Hmmm, let's see...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is one area where I have no trouble with Garrett. As far as organization and leadership skills go, I think he's fine, which is why I've always felt he could be a walk-around head coach as long as he hires the right people and let them run their offensive and defensive systems.

Some feel why have a head coach who doesn't have his own system. My answer to that is the you can end up with someone like Wade Phillips, a great defensive mind who did not have those things needed to be a great head coach.

If Garrett would simply let his offensive philosophy go, this team might have a chance, but he didn't do it with Linehan (who had years of experience as an offensive head coach) so I'll be extremely surprised if he does with Moore. I fully expect our offense to look like a version of last year's with a few twists.

I pretty much agree with all of that. I’m not a huge fan of his offense, though it gates badly exaggerated how bad it actually is if you pay attention to points/series.

I don’t think things are going to change all that much next year, either. I would like to replace Beasley with a guy who can legitimately play inside and out to let us use Cooper inside some, too. Moving him around, along with Frederick being back and having the inside short yardage running game be a bigger threat might be the answer to some of the red zone issues.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Garrett also didn’t want Gregory, still remember his face. Gregory on the field is great but Garrett was right about the pick. Not a fan of Garrett at all but I know he’s sick of these type of guys in the team.

mmohican29

Reaction score
If Garrett said this.. good for him. Exactly what I would have told him myself.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with all of that. I’m not a huge fan of his offense, though it gates badly exaggerated how bad it actually is if you pay attention to points/series.

Well, when Dallas decided to heavily incorporate the running game, it became as much about ball control as scoring, so I don't go by that. What concerns me is that Garrett seems to be all about execution, failing to understand that it's difficult to win by execution alone unless you have a team like we did in the '90s. We are not going to build that kind of team, especially with the Joneses' approach to free agency, so he has to alter that mind-set and realize that there is need to outfox the other teams as well as outexecute them.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ricky Williams was probably one of the first to receive the so-called NFL lifetime ban for weed. The interesting thing is Williams made it no secret he used and would continue to use. May surprise some but he's still involved with legalization. working on his master degree and no report of jail or prison.

Hell, if I remember correctly we had a former center from the 90's team ( can't think of his name ) that spent a good part of his post-career on legalization also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams
Mark Stepnoski...

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
I was gonna go to work but then I got high
I just got a new promotion but I got high
Now I'm selling dope and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

I was gonna go to court before I got high
I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high
They took my whole paycheck and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jimmy once told a guy who was having an asthma attack to get off his field and go to the asthma field. Garrett telling Irving to go smoke dope and leave does not sound as bad.