David Irving Instagram post

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I agree, the only thing he really did wrong was posting it. However, the rest of this statement is a empty. How you gonna tell a fan base, who just watched what the league did to Zeke, that just watched the season spiral down the drain, that they are making jealousy? How bout, "I'm sick and tired of this team shooting themselves in the head", before the first snap of the season? Don't you think that, that is a reasonable position for a fan to take?

Elliott was suspended for assault to a female not for stating that his wife arranged for him to have consensual sex with other women.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good post. I just don't want anything bad to happen to old boy over this.
That would be a darn shame.
Agreed there man, for sure. There really is nothing that warrants disciplinary action, but with how arbitrarily Gooddell hands out his punishment, you never know

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how to link it, but for anyone that follows him on Instagram. Did you get a chance to see his post? He posted a picture of two women naked in a bed thanking his wife for a great valentines day gift. Now, personally I don't care what everyone does in the bedroom, however, I don't want to see it or hear about it. This may be one of the "odd" things that people keep referring too. Maybe im reading to much into it, but as a professional athlete with people looking up to you, I don't find this as a great way to get paid.

And people want us to break the bank on this guy. He is clearly an idiot and the team knows it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Choose a topic. Any topic.

A "healthy percentage of people" will be offended or have some issue with the topic. Doesn't matter what it is.

The NFL can't cave into EVERY politically-correct complaint or concern.

Message to anybody offended by an Instagram post of two faceless, fully-clothed women sharing a bed with a descriptive message implying that the creator of that post may have had consensual sex with said women: turn your eyes and don't pay attention.

If we worry about everybody's over-delicate sensitivities, pretty soon it's going to be illegal to even make eye contact with a female.

If the women are fully clothed and not naked, as was suggested, then I do believe that changes things. However, it won't change the fact that the team will likely view this as stupid. At best, the league may not take action. At worst, he just cost himself money.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That's your opinion and that's fine, you are entitled to that but in the large scope, it doesn't make one hill of beans what you think. What matters is dollars and cents and anything that puts a bad face on the Shield is viewed in exactly those terms. I mean, I am honestly surprised that we have to, once again, explain this and discuss it. I would have thought that every single fan would understand this, after last season.

I don't know.

Again just how is the "shield" injured by a wife who arranges for her husband to have consensual sex with other women. Exactly what law was broken? Just who is an injured party? Just hypocrites who deep down wish it would happen to them.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And people want us to break the bank on this guy. He is clearly an idiot and the team knows it.
It does seem like they are waiting for the other shoe to drop and this probably does not help make them feel better about him.
Although I do like his nipple ring and have thought about getting several.

But on one nipple. I have a sense of decorum...

phildadon86

Reaction score
By definition, you’re naive for even suspecting this constitutes a punishment. You’re just pandering to the dramatic and misinformed at this point.
Not really. In this day and age, and after all of the women coming forward lately about sexual assault, all this woman literally has to do is say well I was kinda forced into this. Boom. 6 game suspension. What can he do now? Deny it? because its kinda online. This is a much bigger picture than people care to realize.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the women are fully clothed and not naked, as was suggested, then I do believe that changes things. However, it won't change the fact that the team will likely view this as stupid. At best, the league may not take action. At worst, he just cost himself money.
We are both in agreement that the post was not very smart. Not just for an athlete looking to get paid, but just in general. Irving is a strange cat.

I was just misinterpreting your message and thought you had an issue with the act itself. But you're right, it definitely gives off a negative overtone and allows Gooddell an easy opportunity to stick it to us if he so desires

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Again just how is the "shield" injured by a wife who arranges for her husband to have consensual sex with other women. Exactly what law was broken? Just who is an injured party? Just hypocrites who deep down wish it would happen to them.

He is a personal services contracted employee. He represents a League and a Business. His actions, through the personal conduct clause, can be interpreted very liberally, by the NFL. We have already seen this to be the case.

At some point, you have to face this very simple fact. You don't have to like it but the truth is that this is what the CBA spells out and this is what the players agreed to. How many times does this have to be discussed before it is accepted as fact? I just don't understand why this is so hard to understand by players and fans?

phildadon86

Reaction score
He is a personal services contracted employee. He represents a League and a Business. His actions, through the personal conduct clause, can be interpreted very liberally, by the NFL. We have already seen this to be the case.

At some point, you have to face this very simple fact. You don't have to like it but the truth is that this is what the CBA spells out and this is what the players agreed to. How many times does this have to be discussed before it is accepted as fact? I just don't understand why this is so hard to understand by players and fans?
Goodell can say its harmful to league as it is a bad example for young people. Boom. And on top of that he already had a 4 game suspension, this could be 6. If the NFL takes it that far which I doubt. But it was a really really dumb move on his part.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We are both in agreement that the post was not very smart. Not just for an athlete looking to get paid, but just in general. Irving is a strange cat.

I was just misinterpreting your message and thought you had an issue with the act itself. But you're right, it definitely gives off a negative overtone and allows Gooddell an easy opportunity to stick it to us if he so desires

I don't really care what people do in their own bedroom. So long as nobody gets dead and innocents are not harmed, go do what you do. That's none of my business.

I, almost always look at things from a fiscal point of view. I guess that's putting a happy face on the fact that basically, I'm cheap.

:laugh:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Those of that healthy percentage that aren't good with that are also mostly hypocrites too. Most healthy males whether secretly or openly wish their wives would do that for them. If they want to play the part of disgust, so be it but deep down they wish it would happen to them. Tell me a even a very happily married man that hasn't fantasied about their wife doing just that at some point or even often. The line for hypocrite prudes start here.

It is sad that you believe this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Goodell can say its harmful to league as it is a bad example for young people. Boom. And on top of that he already had a 4 game suspension, this could be 6. If the NFL takes it that far which I doubt. But it was a really really dumb move on his part.

Yeah, Mensa aint sending him no applications for membership anytime soon, for sure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no problem with what you are saying. But if you had to wager about whether he will stay out of trouble or not does this instagram post give you any guidance on that issue?

I don't know about you, but it would help me with my wager considerably.

I don't put much stock in thanking your girlfriend for a threesome on Valentines Day and correlating that with off the field trouble. He actually seems to be in a committed relationship and they seem happy.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how to link it, but for anyone that follows him on Instagram. Did you get a chance to see his post? He posted a picture of two women naked in a bed thanking his wife for a great valentines day gift. Now, personally I don't care what everyone does in the bedroom, however, I don't want to see it or hear about it. This may be one of the "odd" things that people keep referring too. Maybe im reading to much into it, but as a professional athlete with people looking up to you, I don't find this as a great way to get paid.

If that's true he's an idiot. Yeah I don't care what people do in the bedroom and maybe it was meant in jest but who does that unless they're an immature jerk?

Sydla

Reaction score
Or it's simply a case of hey everyone look at what my wife did for me. Eat your hearts out. Again if she's good with it nobody should be questioning it.

When you are a pro athlete and one, in the case of Irving, where your maturity has been questioned and there are rumors your current team might be will to walk from you, running to IG to show that your wife got you a threesome for Valentine's Day isn't exactly the smartest move in the world.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
When you are a pro athlete and one, in the case of Irving, where your maturity has been questioned and there are rumors your current team might be will to walk from you, running to IG to show that your wife got you a threesome for Valentine's Day isn't exactly the smartest move in the world.

I believe he was already on Jerry's radar for his Anthem demonstration.