David Irving Instagram post

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He is a personal services contracted employee. He represents a League and a Business. His actions, through the personal conduct clause, can be interpreted very liberally, by the NFL. We have already seen this to be the case.

At some point, you have to face this very simple fact. You don't have to like it but the truth is that this is what the CBA spells out and this is what the players agreed to. How many times does this have to be discussed before it is accepted as fact? I just don't understand why this is so hard to understand by players and fans?

Just in case you haven't heard, personal services contracts are not allowed in the NFL. Early on when the cap started teams tried to skate around the cap by signing player to personal service contracts to the owners for more money but the league band them. Contracts today or player service contracts and yes they do have a conduct clause but I argue in this case that an attorney would get any possible suspension from this thrown out because the ONLY injured party here could be the wife and if she arranged this then she's not injured.It's not illegal and if it was then all swingers clubs would have to be shut down. This attorney would get a judge to tell the NFL to keep out of the lawful personal lives of it's players. In other words be a prude on your own time but don't drag others into your prudish ways.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Goodell can say its harmful to league as it is a bad example for young people. Boom. And on top of that he already had a 4 game suspension, this could be 6. If the NFL takes it that far which I doubt. But it was a really really dumb move on his part.

The focus point of the NFL, in terms of new fan base, over the last few years has been women. He could simply look at this and say, this is degrading to females and sends the wrong message about what the NFL wants to represent. I mean, I would not be surprised if certain groups might already be looking at this and thinking the same thing. Hell, you just don't know what folks will find to be outraged over anymore. This is as likely as anything.

It's just stupid.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
When you are a pro athlete and one, in the case of Irving, where your maturity has been questioned and there are rumors your current team might be will to walk from you, running to IG to show that your wife got you a threesome for Valentine's Day isn't exactly the smartest move in the world.

I never said t was smart, only that it's only seen as wrong to hypocrites that wish it was them.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Lou Williams, LA Clippers, has openly admitted to dating two women at the same time and the women are/were cool with it. So much so that they have been seen sitting next to each other @ his games. He's given numerous interviews, regarding the subject, and not once has the NBA considered fining him. Yet, Irving posts this picture and everyone is talking about him being suspended. Now, I do admit that it's stupid for opening his personal life up to people on social media but talk of a suspension is ridiculous. How many women did Wilt 'entertain' during his career? And he's in the Hall of Fame and regarded as one of the best to ever play the game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just in case you haven't heard, personal services contracts are not allowed in the NFL. Early on when the cap started teams tried to skate around the cap by signing player to personal service contracts to the owners for more money but the league band them. Contracts today or player service contracts and yes they do have a conduct clause but I argue in this case that an attorney would get any possible suspension from this thrown out because the ONLY injured party here could be the wife and if she arranged this then she's not injured.It's not illegal and if it was then all swingers clubs would have to be shut down. This attorney would get a judge to tell the NFL to keep out of the lawful personal lives of it's players. In other words be a prude on your own time but don't drag others into your prudish ways.

You can call it what you want but that is essentially what it is.

I think that the rest of your post is questionable. This is basically what I've heard over and over again. Yet, the NFL seems to continue to win out in these cases. My question to you is, why take the risk? It's stupid. Surely you do not question that?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
You know if Zeke did that the commish would be all over it like white on rice. Hey, I ain't no sexual prude but have some class Irving! If your wife needs a third in the bedroom I'd start to ask myself what she does while I'm away. I'll suggest that to him on instagram

the_h0wey

Reaction score
It does seem like they are waiting for the other shoe to drop and this probably does not help make them feel better about him.
Although I do like his nipple ring and have thought about getting several.

But on one nipple. I have a sense of decorum...

Yeah if you are going to do the nipple ring you have to go with multiple rings on the same nipple

aria

Reaction score
Here’s the problem with this fool. When will these nut jobs realize that perception is reality and this isn’t a good look to most people, especially arguing with them on social media. As others have said, I don’t care if this guy is involved with 10 women at once with his wife’s permission but publically advertising it as a starter on the Cowboys especially (or any team for that matter) is just dumb. Here’s one of my favorites from the very top, one guy says

and he replies with

• david_irving95@cstefan08 ****
  • david_irving95Mind your business .. if you don’t like what I post feel free to unfollow me . Some of y’all act like I’m forcing you to see my page. I have a life AND living it. You aren’t my parents , you aren’t my employer , I don’t even know you, I’m not doing anything wrong or breaking any laws .. I play football, I’m paid to play football. I’m not paid to please you and be an Eagle Scout.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Lou Williams, LA Clippers, has openly admitted to dating two women at the same time and the women are/were cool with it. So much so that they have been seen sitting next to each other @ his games. He's given numerous interviews, regarding the subject, and not once has the NBA considered fining him. Yet, Irving posts this picture and everyone is talking about him being suspended. Now, I do admit that it's stupid for opening his personal life up to people on social media but talk of a suspension is ridiculous. How many women did Wilt 'entertain' during his career? And he's in the Hall of Fame and regarded as one of the best to ever play the game.

I don't know if it will be a suspension or a fine. I don't even know that the League will, 100% do anything. I do, however think that the possibility is good that the League does take action here, just to be clear.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I don't think anyone is talking about him being suspended for this post, but most think it is a bad idea to broadcast this kind of stuff. He has already been suspended in both college & the NFL. It speaks to his intelligence that he's not keeping his head down and grinding, instead feeding his ego and displaying poor decision making. I would put the odds of him being suspended again (not for this) at higher than average.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Can you say "conduct unbecoming" and there doesn't have to be a law broken. He should know that by now. We do, Zeke does. If I'm JG I'm all over him on that one!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He's a self described hedonist. It's definitely not like he cheated on his wife. If she is cool with it I fail to see how we are in a position not to be.

While people get their puritan panties in a bunch I don't see how his sex life impacts his ability to play on the football field. It's not like it caused him to eat all those traps unaware playing the 3T. He was excellent overall when he played.

He's got busted for PDE's but that was from a supplement and not exactly anabolic steroids. If he gets caught smoking crack then let me know.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I wonder if that is why he's been slow to recover from that concussion