David Irving Instagram post

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "team" and its owners are the real joke. They've taken on worse trash then this. They took on Greg Hardy. I don't want to hear about this team being embarrassed and I don't care. They should be embarssed with their lack of post season success and not what Irving does in his bedroom.

Send them an email telling them what you think they should and shouldn't worry about.

aria

Reaction score
Thank you. If I posted this online I would be in my bosses office explaining myself. And I work for a telecom company, not the biggest entertainment company in the US
Yup, my job is on the opposite end of the spectrum but is similar to pro athletes in the fact that we are easily recognizable and held to a higher standard. The first thing they taught us is to remember that we “live in a fish bowl” meaning everything we say and do can be seen and scrutinized. We don’t have to be perfect but when wearing the uniform we better be close to it.

Some of these athletes just don’t get it. It doesn’t matter if it’s during the season, not during the season, whenever...they are highly recognizable and “live in a fish bowl”. He’s just inviting trouble by putting this out there for everyone to see. No one ever asked him to be a role model but that comes with the uniform and I’m sure some parents who find out about this will be throwing the Irving jerseys in the trash. They get or potentially get payed millions of dollars to play a game and they can’t follow a few simple guidelines to prevent themselves from jeopardizing their careers. It’s just dumb, dumb, dumb and honestly sad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they want to take issue that would be one thing; you don't get to do it for them.

Last I checked, they don't look to me for direction on what they should do. If they did, Garrett would be long gone.

At the same time we know Jerry Jones actually does cheat on his wife. There are plenty of drunken stills with blondes 40 years younger than him to go around.

No doubt. But he's also not getting fired for making poor football decisions, is he? Different set of rules when you own the thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
If they want to take issue that would be one thing; you don't get to do it for them. At the same time we know Jerry Jones actually does cheat on his wife. There are plenty of drunken stills with blondes 40 years younger than him to go around.

I suspect some here don't have an issue with what happened in the bed, they have an issue with him running to Instagram to post about it. It shows a lack of self awareness and maturity.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how to link it, but for anyone that follows him on Instagram. Did you get a chance to see his post? He posted a picture of two women naked in a bed thanking his wife for a great valentines day gift. Now, personally I don't care what everyone does in the bedroom, however, I don't want to see it or hear about it. This may be one of the "odd" things that people keep referring too. Maybe im reading to much into it, but as a professional athlete with people looking up to you, I don't find this as a great way to get paid.
Well maybe you should stop following people and you wouldn't hear about it. Until your post I didn't know anything about it. Stop hating and worry about yourself. If you just watch the football stuff and not following the tmz stuff you'd know nothing like me. That's all your fault tbh.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well maybe you should stop following people and you wouldn't hear about it. Until your post I didn't know anything about it. Stop hating and worry about yourself. If you just watch the football stuff and not following the tmz stuff you'd know nothing like me. That's all your fault tbh.
Ignorance is bliss, after all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect some here don't have an issue with what happened in the bed, they have an issue with him running to Instagram to post about it. It shows a lack of self awareness and maturity.

Yep!
:thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Send them an email telling them what you think they should and shouldn't worry about.

No need. I know if they don't bring Irving back it won't be because of him having a threesome. This is only the concern of some fans who think they own these players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need. I know if they don't bring Irving back it won't be because of him having a threesome. This is only the concern of some fans who think they own these players.

You don't "know" anything about anything. But, again, you tell yourself whatever you need to, in order to think that you're right.

aria

Reaction score
If you say so. What players do during their off time really isn't my concern. I thought this was about playing stuff or I wouldn't have even clicked it.
Long time no talk buddy!

It becomes my concern when it effects or potentially effects the Cowboys. It’s irresponsible and disrespectful to his teammates, fans and the organization as a whole. If he gets disciplined for this (in no way do I think he should but it’s not up to me) then I don’t want to hear any sympathy or excuses. He knows who Goodell is and he knows he’s skating on thin ice.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ugh, you can cut the sexual tension with a knife between those two during the draft every year.
Makes me sick to my stomach.
Same thing I noticed...there's a reason he's seen as "family".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how to link it, but for anyone that follows him on Instagram. Did you get a chance to see his post? He posted a picture of two women naked in a bed thanking his wife for a great valentines day gift. Now, personally I don't care what everyone does in the bedroom, however, I don't want to see it or hear about it. This may be one of the "odd" things that people keep referring too. Maybe im reading to much into it, but as a professional athlete with people looking up to you, I don't find this as a great way to get paid.

Looks like his wife is dumber than he is. Now that is very cool of her dont get me wrong. But unless they have an open relationship its foolish to tempt your husband that way.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I actually think that this is most people in this thread. The problem is that none of us are the ones who will decide if action is to be taken.

I mean, this is a league who fines players for wearing the wrong color of socks. Think about that for just a second now.....

Precisely. If Goodell says it's conduct unbecoming, it's conduct unbecoming. Legal or not. It could get to that. Goody has a hate on for the Cowboys apparently. Goody says "oh Mr Irving, that pic you posted on instagram. It's unbecoming. I think you should sit a few games and think about it". Probably won't come to that but it could. Goody go the powah!!! Irving is a wood head