David Irving says goodbye for good to NFL **merged**

RoboQB

Reaction score
He's gonna leave it in God's hands.
You're 6'-8" and divine intervention puts you in a place to
make $10 million in guaranteed money.
Maybe God will let David figure it out on his own... lol.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
He's gonna leave it in God's hands.
You're 6'-8" and divine intervention puts you in a place to
make $10 million in guaranteed money.
Maybe God will let David figure it out on his own... lol.
If money's the ruler of all evil then this must surely be the devil's temptation you speak of and God's divine intervention setting him on a truer path.

Or God really does need that tithe money after all.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If money's the ruler of all evil then this must surely be the devil's temptation you speak of and God's divine intervention setting him on a truer path.

Or God really does need that tithe money after all.

He believes there's a God. So, he believes everything is in God's hands.

It reminds me of a man sitting on his roof as everything is flooded around him.
A man in a boat stops and offers to take him to safety.
No thanks, he said. I'll leave it in God's hands.
As water continued to rise a helicopter appears.
The rescuers throw down a rope ladder.
But the man refuses. I'll leave it in God's hands, he shouts.
He is now struggling to stay above water as the flood continues to rise.
In anger, he screams Lord I had faith in you and you let me down.
Suddenly, a voice (Morgan Freeman-like... lol) speaks.
"I sent you a kind man in a boat and a rescue helicopter."

408Cowboy

Reaction score
He believes there's a God. So, he believes everything is in God's hands.

It reminds me of a man sitting on his roof as everything is flooded around him.
A man in a boat stops and offers to take him to safety.
No thanks, he said. I'll leave it in God's hands.
As water continued to rise a helicopter appears.
The rescuers throw down a rope ladder.
But the man refuses. I'll leave it in God's hands, he shouts.
He is now struggling to stay above water as the flood continues to rise.
In anger, he screams Lord I had faith in you and you let me down.
Suddenly, a voice (Morgan Freeman-like... lol) speaks.
"I sent you a kind man in a boat and a rescue helicopter."
I would enjoy discussing the subject but it's best we don't get benched. I expect to have hysterics to laugh at for the next few months and don't want to miss any of it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I would enjoy discussing the subject but it's best we don't get benched. I expect to have hysterics to laugh at for the next few months and don't want to miss any of it.

Fair enough.

I'm not a very religious person. I just noticed the irony.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Imagine what his poor daughter will think of him once she becomes a teenager years from now and Irving is in the dumps..."My dad had it all. Could have made tens of millions and truly taken good care of me but threw it down the drain for a bad habit of smoking weed." Sheesh.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Damn someone's happy enough to live their life their way and everybody hates him thinks he's stupid or a future welfare recipient.

It really is too bad he's turning down those millions he could've made with his all star talent. If only he just cared about himself a little more so we could talk about trading him instead of giving him the money he's walking away from anyway.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Damn someone's happy enough to live their life their way and everybody hates him thinks he's stupid or a future welfare recipient.

It really is too bad he's turning down those millions he could've made with his all star talent. If only he just cared about himself a little more so we could talk about trading him instead of giving him the money he's walking away from anyway.
You call that happy? Smh

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Imagine what his poor daughter will think of him once she becomes a teenager years from now and Irving is in the dumps..."My dad had it all. Could have made tens of millions and truly taken good care of me but threw it down the drain for a bad habit of smoking weed." Sheesh.
If these generalizations and stereotypes weren't bad enough you go and try to speak for another man's child and do so in a way that will satisfy your opinion of him? That's where the line gets drawn. You are straight trash.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If these generalizations and stereotypes weren't bad enough you go and try to speak for another man's child and do so in a way that will satisfy your opinion of him? That's where the line gets drawn. You are straight trash.
One feels bad for his poor child, yet you are quick to defend the actions of a druggie? People like you are the problem in society nowadays.

cern

Reaction score
Sounds more to me like a man that's just given up, unable to deal with his problems. Worries about the income stream. Worries about his daughter. But just throws his hands up and surrenders. I really feel sorry for him. He needs help. As a scientist I have no religious beliefs, but remember the saying God helps those that help themselves. And sparing rods and kids being seen but not heard.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
One feels bad for his poor child, yet you are quick to defend the actions of a druggie? People like you are the problem in society nowadays.
People like me? The guy that spent January to August last year fighting for custody of my children because their mother decided to relapse after being clean for 17 years came home from work one day to find her smoking meth with our 3 year old and 11 month old next to her? People like me. The guy that called the police because she flipped out as soon as she saw she was caught and went hysterical yelling and screaming. Me the one that made the call got accused DV when they arrived and questioned by the police in front of an obviously high women so my kids could be safe. Me. The guy the cops told they couldn't arrest someone for what they did inside their own house even though they saw the pipe and drugs. Yeah the guy that has sole physical and legal custody of his kids is what's wrong with society. Not the guy using someone else's kids to drag them through the mud because he's probably projecting just a little. This is why I draw that line. You are trash. By the way there are plenty of people that smoke weed and still make great parents.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
you know the narrative, he cant smoke the stuff and play so it is NFL's fault not his. like anywhere else, if you want the job you abide by the rules. his choice to do that or not and obviously he cannot so see ya Irvin, hope the trade off is worth it :muttley: