David Irving says goodbye for good to NFL **merged**

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Was just about to post that. And he’s banned forever. So sad. He had so much talent.
He's played in only 10 of the last 34 games, has just 10 career starts in four years and was facing upwards of an indefinite suspension by the NFL for several missed drug tests. Oh, & beat up his child's mother. Exactly where is that word "talent" appropriate?! :huh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
People like me? The guy that spent January to August last year fighting for custody of my children because their mother decided to relapse after being clean for 17 years came home from work one day to find her smoking meth with our 3 year old and 11 month old next to her? People like me. The guy that called the police because she flipped out as soon as she saw she was caught and went hysterical yelling and screaming. Me the one that made the call got accused DV when they arrived and questioned by the police in front of an obviously high women so my kids could be safe. Me. The guy the cops told they couldn't arrest someone for what they did inside their own house even though they saw the pipe and drugs. Yeah the guy that has sole physical and legal custody of his kids is what's wrong with society. Not the guy using someone else's kids to drag them through the mud because he's probably projecting just a little. This is why I draw that line. You are trash. By the way there are plenty of people that smoke weed and still make great parents.
Yet, you defend a druggie even though one is feeling bad for his daughter? If you're defending people for doing drugs, why did you call the cops on your wife?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet, you defend a druggie even though one is feeling bad for his daughter? If you're defending people for doing drugs, why did you call the cops on your wife?
There is a big difference between weed and Crystal meth if you don't understand that I can't help you. There's also the fact that my kids were right next to her while she was doing a drug that can kill you then went absolutely insane when she realized I had walked in and saw what she was doing. She was not sane could not be talked to or reasoned with she was a potential threat to herself the children and me at that point.

Weed you can smoke and remain fully functional. People do it everyday and have successful careers and family lives. Two very different substances.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is a big difference between weed and Crystal meth if you don't understand that I can't help you. There's also the fact that my kids were right next to her while she was doing a drug that can kill you then went absolutely insane when she realized I had walked in and saw what she was doing. She was not sane could not be talked to or reasoned with she was a potential threat to herself the children and me at that point.

Weed you can smoke and remain fully functional. People do it everyday and have successful careers and family lives. Two very different substances.
Oh, yeah? So why do most, if not all, businesses test for marijuana use, including the NFL? Do you know more than they do?

SSoup

Reaction score
Why is the league full of idiots?
It's a sport, by and large, full of guys whose academics took a backseat to athletics since at least early high school (plenty it goes back even further). And on top of that, these guys have been getting their brains scrambled that entire time, too. And when, like Irving, you self-medicate with drugs (even if you're claiming you're choosing a less destructive drug than the ones the team doctors are trying to load you up on), you're likely making things worse if for no other reason than because you're not letting anyone oversee or inhibit your usage at all.

It's not shocking so many football players are stone stupid dum-dums with mental problems and substance abuse problems. It's more surprising when one of them turns out to be genuinely smart, entirely healthy, and entirely clean.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, yeah? So why do most, if not all, businesses test for marijuana use, including the NFL? Do you know more than they do?
Because it is still a federal crime and the DEA has it listed as a Schedule 1 controlled substance. According to the DEA's own definition used to qualify for the schedule 1 list it shouldn't be.

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

There are plenty of known and proven medical uses for it. What they mean by accepted is accepted by big pharma since it hasn't been yet it is still listed. As more states legalize it for medicinal and recreational use it will most likely come off the list at some point. If big pharma can find away to monopolize it medicinally on a large enough scale you would see it become accepted overnight.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In before "Never give up on him...he's a beast when he's on the field. I'll take him for cheap, even if it's for 1 game a season!"

He's refusing to play for big $$ so he can toke to his heart's content. Does that appear like he'd be willing to play cheaply?

That seems doubtful. To me, it seems fairly obvious that NFL football doesn't offer any real attraction for him at this point.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Obviously David has thought through his priorities in life and will never regret this decision (sarcasm)

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good. Tired if hearing his name. He is the very reason for the old saying. “Million dollar body,
10cent head”.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love all of the judgement by individuals that, no doubt, have their own issues. I understand, "I am not as bad as he is!" Of course, your mistakes are always miniscule, and they never effect the balance of the world like Irving's.

Little Jr

Reaction score
A guy a who's been suspended 3 times and now quits so he can get high. And some have defended him and gave him credit for fighting for custody of his kid. Nothing about him says good father. He gave up a million $ job for weed? Just dumb.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett's leadership will fix this.

If not his, the other guys who are being overpaid because of their "leadership", that stuff's bound to kick in eventually, right?

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Cowboy can officially say they had Cheech and Chong on the roster. The guy never really played in the NFL except a few games here and there.

These problem players put a cloud over Dallas Stadium and its about time the culture changes back to the Landry Era where players straightened up and flew right.

Thankfully the Cowboys didn't waste a draft pick on him that went Up in Smoke.

Roll Freely Irving!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Little Jr

Reaction score
Cowboy can officially say they had Cheech and Chong on the roster. The guy never really played in the NFL except a few games here and there.

These problem players put a cloud over Dallas Stadium and its about time the culture changes back to the Landry Era where players straightened up and flew right.
Lol it's funny people think the Landry era was clean with choir boys.