David Irving suspended 4 games

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I tried standing up for this guy in another thread but I just can't anymore. Guy really needs to take a long look in the mirror and figure out who he wants to be.

cern

Reaction score
I defended him. Crazy ex. Custody hearings. But enough is enough. What better time to send a message to the team than this moment. Cull him from the team and move on. The man's a buffoon.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Irving probably just became much cheaper. If he produces again it'll be hard not to sign him. Just make it heavily incentive based. Everyone's protected.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
We cant even get thru a full off-season without the Tomfoolery with this team.

Daillest88

Reaction score
It’s just an embarrassment, every darn year. Honestly cut him go get Hankins( we won’t) move Crawford back to DT. I’m so done with this

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I defended him. Crazy ex. Custody hearings. But enough is enough. What better time to send a message to the team than this moment. Cull him from the team and move on. The man's a buffoon.
You might be onto something.

The club has year after year circled the wagons and tolerated foolishness and just encouraged everyone to band together to overcome suspensions.

Instead of producing a high character team, it seems to be producing the exact opposite.

I am all for looking the other way for talent, but is David Irving truly a talent?

He can't stay on the field and be reliable enough to be granted multiple free passes.

Cutting him might hurt the overall talent level, but it might change the syndrome that seems to be repeating itself every year.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I'm usually sensitive with these types of situations because I'm constantly accused of taking steroids but there's too much smoke with this guy.

He needs to go. Get him out of your locker room.

Funny - granted - but you left yourself wide open here

RamziD

Reaction score
Jesus, is there anything a player can do that would make some people want to part ways with him? He should've been cut yesterday.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any guy who would post a threesome(with pictures) online with the mother of his child just isn't right in the head and worth the headaches. It shows lack of character, judgement and respect and should not be trusted in the future from wrongdoings.

Cut him today and never look back. He is talented enough to make a statement to the culture in the locker room :cool:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Betcha this whole scenario explains why Irving gained all the weight that he did. Seems quite possible that he partied, smoked a bunch of weed, got the munchies and subsequently gained the excessive weight that he did. Essentially, wouldn't that be a probable cause for missing the drug test that he was eventually suspended for? Having committed numerous "stonings" in the distant past, I can readily picture that being the case. Just a piss poor decision for someone who should have known better under the circumstances.

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
#%^*£€<~¥+=$&@!!!!!!!!!!

C’mon man, you don’t need the sauce....:facepalm:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Any guy who would post a threesome(with pictures) online with the mother of his child just isn't right in the head and worth the headaches. It shows lack of character, judgement and respect and should not be trusted in the future from wrongdoings.

Cut him today and never look back. He is talented enough to make a statement to the culture in the locker room :cool:
I said the same thing and started a thread about it and people laughed and said I was overreacting. Well. Here we are

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I never said we didn’t. And I’ve been epically against Irving and wanted to trade him for Thomas. You’d actually have to read my posts to see that though
Save it.

This was my whole point when it came to investing top $$ in the offense. A jihad Ward and Brian Price does nothing for this defense

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Save it.

This was my whole point when it came to investing top $$ in the offense. A jihad Ward and Brian Price does nothing for this defense
They are paying Irving the 2nd round tender. It is not like they are going cheap.

Their problem is they cannot evaluate defensive talent and they are lazy on top of it. I thought that was obvious by now.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Save it.

And if we invested too money in Irving where would we be? Stop saying I am coming across as defence doesn’t matter. I have faith in our young guys to step up. You’re still upset dez is gone and you’re taking it out on Zach Martin and his deal. Lol