David Irving suspended 4 games

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Not to worry, dear boy. We have still have a log jam at DE, and this should give Armstrong more reps than he would've had in TC. That should help.
Come now! This does not help. Irving was going to be our starting 3 technique at DT. If he had his head on straight he had the potential to dominate. Non of these other backup 3 techniques have the ability to dominate. Irving’s suspension has almost no effect on Armstrong’s reps at DE.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I like how fast the hammer drops for our guys.

Lose this pos after this season please.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Second best pass rusher out, and probably not much of a contributor this season anyway, and the DB coach wants them to play press coverage on WR's. That is not a good combination and Charleton, Tapper or Ganjory, if they let him in, better get better fast or this team will be in a climb all season long.

I was not in favor of the Thomas trade because of the effect on the future but I have 180'd on that because this secondary is going to need some help now. These CB's cannot play press with one pass rusher that can be doubled. We've seen this movie before, they give up big plays and revert to the BDB defense again and give cushions and attempt to limit YAC.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he plays 12 games and has 8 to 10 sacks he will be playing here or somewhere else easy....thats the nature of the NFL given the scarcity of elite talent

He just won't get the contract offer that he would have gotten prior to his 2nd 4 gamers.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah but we might get the out of shape head case Randy Gregory!!!!
A revolving carousel of idiots at JerryWorld!!!

gmoney112

Reaction score
Jihad, and give Ealy some snaps at 3T in camp.

I'd even slide Taco down and have him take some snaps there to see how he looks.

All three are built like Irving and Hatcher, two lengthy guys that have shown a lot of success there.

Reactions: CWR

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This stupid situation is just more prove this front office and Jerry value Offense more than Defense. Look at our O line compared to our D line. We have a bunch of 1st/2nd round stud O lineman, who are paid like it on Offense, and on Defense we have a bunch of guys we draft, or pickup as FA’s, with potential and shaky backgrounds. These suspensions are getting old. I wonder if Garrett will continue to throw his cliche out their, “ we pick the right kind of guys”. Who leads the league in suspension since Garrett has been coaching? Garrett

Hayseed

Reaction score
I cant stand much more of this. The older I get the farther and farther I get away from the NFL. And Im a DIE HARD Cowboys fanatic. I know this might offend some, but Oh well,.... man, so many of these modern day players are just absolute friggin IDIOTS! They really are and its not even open to dispute.

I long for the days of Staubach, Pearson, Randy White, and Charlie Waters. The modern NFL flat out SUCKS.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jihad, and give Ealy some snaps at 3T in camp.

I'd even slide Taco down and have him take some snaps there to see how he looks.

All three are built like Irving and Hatcher, two lengthy guys that have shown a lot of success there.
Or, perhaps, Datone Jones. Similar size as Irving, but not nearly the pass rusher (judging from his career stats). Nonetheless, another body that will likely be tried on the interior.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Ive been studying this game under a microscope for over 40 years. In my not so humble opinion Irving has the physical ability to absolutely dominate as we have all seen him do for stretches. ALL PRO potential IMO. But in the end it appears he is nothing more than just another dummy in a long line of dummies. Most probably wont accomplish much at all in life. What a waste.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dang Dave, they got you again. Not fair, dude had some serious personal issues going on. Oh well, David n Collins are out...that Jihad Ward trade is looking better everyday, hope he got game.

Still riding with ya #95 ain't nothing wrong with self medication...NFL is just stuck n the Stone age.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
This stupid situation is just more prove this front office and Jerry value Offense more than Defense. Look at our O line compared to our D line. We have a bunch of 1st/2nd round stud O lineman, who are paid like it on Offense, and on Defense we have a bunch of guys we draft, or pickup as FA’s, with potential and shaky backgrounds. These suspensions are getting old. I wonder if Garrett will continue to throw his cliche out their, “ we pick the right kind of guys”. Who leads the league in suspension since Garrett has been coaching? Garrett

Garrett needs an all world offense to mask his dificiencies as a coach/“offensive guru.”

It’s going to hurt but the 1-8 start to the season needs to happen as I truly believe that will get Mr Ivy League up out of Big D

Reaction score
Yes, geniuses, and Goodell and Mara are poisoning the water!!!!!!
And I have photos of them on the grassy knoll!!!!!!:facepalm:
You know...I've seen a good amount of JFK assassination documentaries but not one mention of a Mara. Deep down inside I knew the truth. No need to post your photos.

Reactions: BAT