David Irving to miss 4-6 weeks

Batman1980

Reaction score
Cowboys DL David Irving (ankle) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

This confirms he's dealing with a high-ankle sprain. It's been a lost year for Irving, who missed all of training camp and the first four weeks to suspension/personal issues. Daniel Ross will pick up Irving's rotational snaps behind Tyrone Crawford, Maliek Collins and Antwaun Woods.

Source - Rotoworld.com

Well, bye.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
looks like its time to move on from this dud he and Gregory have been a real waste of time for this team

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's going to be so cheap in the offseason the Cowboys just might keep him....I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good or bad thing.

I doubt that......only way I see him possibly coming back if he has no market and willing to accept a vet min ( see Rolando McClain final contract ).

Jipper

Reaction score
He's going to be so cheap in the offseason the Cowboys just might keep him....I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good or bad thing.

75% of nothing is still nothing....guy is going to miss at least 70% of the season wth keep a guy on the roster that will only play in 4 or 5 games max?

Done

Done

Done

tm1119

Reaction score
I doubt that......only way I see him possibly coming back if he has no market and willing to accept a vet min ( see Rolando McClain final contract ).

Give him a couple mil and build the roster like he’s not there...when he’s on the field he’s worth a ton of $, just can’t count on him to be there unfortunately. He’s worth the gamble considering how much cap space we will have.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's just not reliable. He has flashes of great talent, but a team needs to have stability, cohesiveness and continuity. We wasted a 2nd round tender on him and then he misses the 1st 4 games. And that was the second suspension in 2 years. He's got a lot of issues off the field he can't seem to manage. It just isn't working.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Give him a couple mil and build the roster like he’s not there...when he’s on the field he’s worth a ton of $, just can’t count on him to be there unfortunately. He’s worth the gamble considering how much cap space we will have.

I don't even tender him, I replace him in the draft and move on, let him become someone else's headache.

Carson

Reaction score
So he plays 4 games tops this year?? Stinks for him and us.

Suspension was his fault.

Ankle sprains are a pain!

Way to cash in on a contract year :(

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
simpsonsworld_social_og_comicbookguy_1200x1200.jpg

"Worst contract year ever!"