David Irving to miss 4-6 weeks

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So we get him back just in time for our Postseason run, Sweet!!!!

scottsp

Reaction score
There shouldn’t be much hand wringing over this. I basically shocked beyond belief when he is available.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dude is going to be so cheap to resign...……………..way to cash in on a contract year bro;)

Verdict

Reaction score
Its been a tough year for Irving but I don't see Dallas giving up on him just yet. They need a pass rushing DT badly and Irving is a beast when he plays. I am certain Dallas will try to keep him at the end of the year, and he may be willing to sign a 1 year deal after the kind of season he had this year. The problem for Dallas is they don't have a 1st round pick next year. and they will need a defensive tackle who can push the pocket is they don't sign Irving. You can't blame him for the injury. He will get his personal problems squared away I am sure and next year could be a big year for him. I would try to resign him unless he wants silly money like $10 million a year.

He will not ever get his personal life straight. He is the way he is in large part to his personality (disorder- cough) and that's not going to change.

Verdict

Reaction score
High ankle sprain is right. Really high ankle sprain. (About ) feet higher than normal. It's an ankle sprain between his ears that is the issue.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't believe I'll ever understand the idea behind ranting and cussing a player that had personal issues, came back and then got injured, and somehow he is a worthless human being. Especially when this guy has not had a significant length of time when he plays to work through the learning process of this league. Because he does show spurts of dominance, and one would think extrapolating that to a full season, along with the other linemen as a cohesive unit would be a very positive thing.

I might understand if this was your brother-in-law slapping your sister around and you cuss the guy.

But he has struggled, and after lengthy personal issues made an effort to come back, gets injured, and now he is a piece of garbage.

Over react much?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Someone is going to overpay for him in the off-season, despite his off-field concerns, he is mega-talented.

I just hope it's not us who overpays. This is such a good defensive line draft coming up. Had we not traded the first round pick, we would have added an elite prospect to the defensive line next year to replace Irving. As it is, we have to hope some of that D-Line depth slides to us in the 2nd round.

Jipper

Reaction score
If Dallas was smart they would move him immediately to the IR and sign the best player available to help this team.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Someone is going to overpay for him in the off-season, despite his off-field concerns, he is mega-talented.
Eh, the same could have been said about Ro McClain and the rest of the league was smart enough to stay away. Obviously everyone's situation is different, but I just can't see any other team giving Irving more than a 1 year deal for like $5-8 million, and that's probably being generous.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
David Irving could not care less about football. He's a great player to have if you're not trying to win championships. However, if you want trophies, this guy is someone you offload. Should have been traded when he had value.