David Irving to miss 4-6 weeks

conner01

Reaction score
He's going to be so cheap in the offseason the Cowboys just might keep him....I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good or bad thing.
It’s all about what he does off the field
Injuries he can’t control, his behavior he can
Does he want to get rich and be a star
Or be working at McDonalds in the future
It’s all up to him

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Sounds like another one year prove it deal coming his way next year. But I’m not sure I would even do that with this guy

ESisback

Reaction score
He's going to be so cheap in the offseason the Cowboys just might keep him....I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good or bad thing.

If they keep him, either another personal “event” or an injury will prevent contributions beneficial to the team. If they dump him, the Pats, Steelers, Packers, or an NFCE Team will scoop him up for nothing, where he’ll become a Pro Bowl contributor. Freakin’ Murphy’s Law!

seamus18

Reaction score
Sure would have been nice to have gotten Snacks Harrison for a 5th right about now.

Carl23

Reaction score
Screw him. Be professional and separate personal life. Children.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s all about what he does off the field
Injuries he can’t control, his behavior he can
Does he want to get rich and be a star
Or be working at McDonalds in the future
It’s all up to him
By off the field, do you mean drug suspensions? I could live with JUST the personal stuff.

Creeper

Reaction score
Its been a tough year for Irving but I don't see Dallas giving up on him just yet. They need a pass rushing DT badly and Irving is a beast when he plays. I am certain Dallas will try to keep him at the end of the year, and he may be willing to sign a 1 year deal after the kind of season he had this year. The problem for Dallas is they don't have a 1st round pick next year. and they will need a defensive tackle who can push the pocket is they don't sign Irving. You can't blame him for the injury. He will get his personal problems squared away I am sure and next year could be a big year for him. I would try to resign him unless he wants silly money like $10 million a year.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Remember when a big group of people were upset about not giving him a first round tender? Pepperidge farm remembers

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sucks. Probably our best player on defense when he’s on the field
whomever told you this was simply wrong. very wrong.
irving is a very talented player but he's also a very tall inside defender that has struggles when he can't shoot gaps or win immediate with leverage.
he is a far less effective DT than people wanna admit.
he played about 50 snaps less last year than beson mayowa...

so we saw flash plays from him when he was totally fresh and pretended he'd do that over 16 weeks./..nope.
2018 totals 56 snaps, 1 sack, 4 total tackles
career thus far 4 seasons, 37 games, 10 starts, 12.5 sacks.

fans and media need to do whole lot better job crediting guys who show up every week if not every play.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sure would have been nice to have gotten Snacks Harrison for a 5th right about now.
no it would not have.

he was traded for a 5th because he is way overpaid to be a run stopping 1 position DT.
dal ranks 8th in rush defense, the giants 27th.

this isn't 1990 on defense anymore than it is offense.

conner01

Reaction score
By off the field, do you mean drug suspensions? I could live with JUST the personal stuff.
Yes
I don’t care about his weird life, just the things that effect his ability to play
If it doesn’t get a player suspended I could care less about their personal lives

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The guy doesn’t like football. Doesn’t want to play.
that has been my issue with him.
i can forgive a lot but living blocks from The Star and never going to work out??

he has serious issues, like possibly bipolar issues and football ranks fairly low on his list of things to do today.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Irving has the talent to have been a Franchise Tag consideration in March of 2019; however his personal issues will likely limit him to a salary that is about 1/10th of the Franchise Tag value.

I can't feel too bad for a guy that will still get paid over a million dollars; nonetheless, it does seem like a sad situation.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Because he just got injured? Or for past grievances that have nothing to do with what's happening now?
He’s not dedicated, he’s always finding away to be away from the team. Last year he was cleared of the concussion late in the season and just sat out the end of the year. This year he continues to look for excuses to not play. Nothings broken. 4-6 weeks is way to long for an ankle sprain. The Cowboys came out and said they were hopeful he could play Monday night. but Irving’s fat mouth comes out and says” I’m out 4-6 weeks”. Really ? With an ankle sprain? Someone that loves football and wants to contribute would only miss one game max.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I hope the Cowboys retain him, but I don't want to hear anything about him being out of shape next year

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He’s not dedicated, he’s always finding away to be away from the team. Last year he was cleared of the concussion late in the season and just sat out the end of the year. This year he continues to look for excuses to not play. Nothings broken. 4-6 weeks is way to long for an ankle sprain. The Cowboys came out and said they were hopeful he could play Monday night. but Irving’s fat mouth comes out and says” I’m out 4-6 weeks”. Really ? With an ankle sprain? Someone that loves football and wants to contribute would only miss one game max.
Right on.