Twitter: David Irving trying to get reinstated

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Enjoying smoking does not equal not wanting to play football. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously the nfl made it that way, but if the new CBA is passed and allows him to do what he pleases and play football I don’t see why he couldn’t still be a contributor. Not like he wasn’t regularly getting high when he was playing before...
no - but it does me he enjoys smoking more than playing football when he leaves football for the sole reason he wants to toke it up.

look, i don't care if he sets human THC consumption records. have at it and don't bogart. but don't try to say you still want to play when you quit for pot.

bewp7

Reaction score
cool he has a ton of talent and is a monster just dont depend on him at all or the cowboys will probly get burned. hope he comes back he could help the team a ton.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
How about a player who puts his life above all else like he did? He used cannabis to survive. The he’ll with football and he was fine with that. If you’re going to try and ride in on your high horse get the facts straight first.
used cannabis to survive...

hold on...

tm1119

Reaction score
no - but it does me he enjoys smoking more than playing football when he leaves football for the sole reason he wants to toke it up.

look, i don't care if he sets human THC consumption records. have at it and don't bogart. but don't try to say you still want to play when you quit for pot.

He quit because there was a rule that made it impossible for him to smoke and play at the same time. The NFL wouldn’t allow it. If that rule no longer exists it’s not a problem. Again, smoking weed and playing football aren't mutually exclusive. It’s completely conceivable to want to do both...most of the nfl already does.

I could see your point if he was a QB or something like that...but he’s a d lineman that you put on the field for 35 snaps and tell him to “go get the qb.” After his stupidity (for the record I’m not defending any of his decision making) of walking away the $ commitment will be relatively small and if he disappears again it won’t be a big blow to the team.

I honestly don’t care either way, but acting like Irving is incapable of playing in the nfl because he’s a pot head is ridiculous. Pro sports in this country would barely exist if you weeded out all the pot heads (pun intended)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Agreed.

I remember in 2018 he had an ankle sprain injury then just went completely AWOL. He didn't even attemtp to go to team meetings or use the rehab facility to get back into shape for a late season surge.

He literally just told the team "meh i'm done for the year, i'm gonna get paid so screw your late season playoff push"

He has zero desire to play football, he just wants a paycheck
weed didn't make him miss the start of training camp in his home state.
it didn't make him miss ALL off-season workouts
he just doesn't like football.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is no 'we' when it comes to you. You're utterly alone. And far and away the most reviled and hated poster on this site. I hope that's a distinction you enjoy douchebag.

I mean.. You have to take 1 big reach to make David Irving out as some kind of hero in all of this.

David Irving is a bad decision maker.. That's been obvious since he came out of college.

I think even someone that is very Pro-Marijuana can recognize what a Grade A knucklehead David Irving is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
weed didn't make him miss the start of training camp in his home state.
it didn't make him miss ALL off-season workouts
he just doesn't like football.

I really don't think this is as big of a deal as some people think.

I don't think many NFL players really like playing football because too much goes into just getting to a game. Especially big guys like Irving.

For me..

David irving didn't do anything that was unforgivable and if he can go get the QB for cheap then i'm all for it.

This is basically like getting a Javon Kinlaw type of player with NFL experience and success without using the 17th pick.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Different coaching staff and possibly different NFL rules... Heck yes I'd bring him back for a try. If his contract can be amended to accept language defining effort, dedication, etc., what's the risk? He's damn good at what the DL is missing, pressure up the middle!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't think this is as big of a deal as some people think.

I don't think many NFL players really like playing football because too much goes into just getting to a game. Especially big guys like Irving.
For me..
David irving didn't do anything that was unforgivable and if he can go get the QB for cheap then i'm all for it.

This is basically like getting a Javon Kinlaw type of player with NFL experience and success without using the 17th pick.

Can you imagine having Irving and getting Kinlaw with the 17th pick? Suddenly, our DL is dynamic!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Different coaching staff and possibly different NFL rules... Heck yes I'd bring him back for a try. If his contract can be amended to accept language defining effort, dedication, etc., what's the risk? He's damn good at what the DL is missing, pressure up the middle!
Contract amended? You mean put language in his next contract pertaining to those things, right?
He's not under any contract with any team.

He might not want to come back, even if he gets reinstated.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Contract amended? You mean put language in his next contract pertaining to those things, right?
He's not under any contract with any team.

He might not want to come back, even if he gets reinstated.
Sorry, I was thinking we still had his rights, so we still had time left on his contract.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree 100%. He was a half stepper on the field anyway.
I remember that GB game though and he dominated that day. I wonder if a new coaching staff and a new understanding that working at a normal job doesn't produce enough income to support his lifestyle may not have changed his attitude?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Question I have is can he get clean for 2 weeks to pass a test...I have my doubts