David Moore Lowdown on Dez

Aven8

Reaction score
2nd round pick for Josh Gordon now please. Before you say you're crazy a mock me I give you......Martellus Bennett, Gavin Escobar, Bruce Carter, and an injured Jaylon Smith! ;)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know Stash, it's a shame.

But I just can't give up on him yet.

I completely understand your stance when you speak of him since his injury went down in Seattle... with, in your case, it's not hate/dislike of the player, it's your ire at his repeated injuries as of late. You just want a stable guy manning our backfield. Some here have an agenda (it seems), but you've never come across that way (if that means anything for you :) )

It does.

You've summed up my position very well. I don't hate the player, I hate the repeated injuries.

But I'm not making excuses for the how's and why's of why they continue to occur. People can speculate and make up whatever reasons they want, and none of them matter. What does matter is that Romo gets injured again, and again, and again. And as long as this team continues to rely on him, they will ride that roller coaster and continue to suffer the consequences.

superonyx

Reaction score
What a joke! What an absolute joke!

You grasp at every straw you can to excuse poor behavior in the name of 'fan hood' and have the both the nerve and the lack of self awareness to talk about "perspective".

:lmao:

Too bad that you're completely wrong about the situation and your lame attempt at a comparable. Maybe you should look deeper into what actually happened before you look even more foolish?

:facepalm:
It's feeble minds that sports journalism has been preying on for years.
Their agenda to create drama, and gain views set Dez as a target before he ever played a down for us. Don't blame fans that put this into perspective just because you lack the ability to.
So how many times have other players missed a meeting?
You speak of facts yet you provide none.
Since Dez is such a bad guy why not tell me what he has done to be such a bad guy.
Let's start with specifics concerning Dez before we can even consider perspective with a guy like you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facts again?
How can someone who has no facts even be dumb enough to say facts.
So answer the question with your facts.
Which injuries occurred due to his reckless play?
You won't answer. You will just try some goofy spin to avoid actually answering the question.

Which ones didn't? You want to excuse everything as 'gosh darn bad luck' when the fact is that his style of play is what is making him susceptible to these injuries. These aren't blind side hits where he never sees it coming, save for that last one in Seattle. One which could have been avoided by throwing the ball away on a play that wasn't there.

But it's always 'street ball' with Romo. Backyard heroics that either result in that big play or the terrible one. Or, more recently, another injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's feeble minds that sports journalism has been preying on for years.
Their agenda to create drama, and gain views set Dez as a target before he ever played a down for us. Don't blame fans that put this into perspective just because you lack the ability to.
So how many times have other players missed a meeting?
You speak of facts yet you provide none.
Since Dez is such a bad guy why not tell me what he has done to be such a bad guy.
Let's start with specifics concerning Dez before we can even consider perspective with a guy like you.

I'm not going to go through this guy's entire career history for you. You'll excuse each and every thing he's ever done anyway. I need to justify nothing to you, absolutely nothing. The issue lies with you, a fan who can't deal with reality and instead will blind themselves to an inconvenient truth that they just can't bear to accept.

Keep waving those pom-poms!

And be sure to run and hide when this reporters story is never refuted, challenged or punished for being 'untrue' as you're insinuating.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not say disaster but certainly somewhat disappointing.

He has all the talent in the world but his immature nature that simply will not change will end up defining his career as a Cowboy.

He should have leveled off by this point and become less combustible.

You mean grown up?

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not going to go through this guy's entire career history for you. You'll excuse each and every thing he's ever done anyway. I need to justify nothing to you, absolutely nothing. The issue lies with you, a fan who can't deal with reality and instead will blind themselves to an inconvenient truth that they just can't bear to accept.

Keep waving those pom-poms!

And be sure to run and hide when this reporters story is never refuted, challenged or punished for being 'untrue' as you're insinuating.
So you have nothing and now are pretending that you are just not interested in backing up your mouth.
That's what I figured anyway.

dewby

Reaction score
Jesus, lol. Reading this forum is like witnessing this election. Imbeciles spewing a bunch of political nonsense, and when he catches 6 balls and a touchdown next week you're all gonna be riding his coat tail again.

Never seen so many people flip flop on things this much anywhere on a weekly basis in my life.

Dez isn't going anywhere - Get used to him

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It does.

You've summed up my position very well. I don't hate the player, I hate the repeated injuries.

But I'm not making excuses for the how's and why's of why they continue to occur. People can speculate and make up whatever reasons they want, and none of them matter. What does matter is that Romo gets injured again, and again, and again. And as long as this team continues to rely on him, they will ride that roller coaster and continue to suffer the consequences.

Well here's to hoping lightening strikes in a bottle and when we get our guy back, he remains upright for the remainder of the season.

For me, he clearly gives us the best chance to win and allows Dak to go back to the sidelines, continue to absorb the game at the highly intelligent manner in which he can, and with what will have been invaluable experience and stopping on an incredible high note, until he begins his time as our future star QB. Most likely next season, unless Romo surprises us all and makes it through 2017 (admittedly, highly doubtful).

Just a different take than you. Nothing more :)

ETA -- sorry to everyone for sidetracking the Dez discussion. (I got my fill yesterday lol)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's disappointing to discover how Dez isn't doing all of those things that ensure his continued success but it is what it is. Yes, I would agree that he's been overrated by many of us who were enamored with his on-the-field success (but even that has tailed off in recent years.) Here's hoping he wakes up and finds a way to make up for the careless indignities that he's brought upon himself. I'm fairly confident or at least hopeful that we'll be looking to upgrade our WR talent in the not too distant future, come what may.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
Which ones didn't? You want to excuse everything as 'gosh darn bad luck' when the fact is that his style of play is what is making him susceptible to these injuries. These aren't blind side hits where he never sees it coming, save for that last one in Seattle. One which could have been avoided by throwing the ball away on a play that wasn't there.

But it's always 'street ball' with Romo. Backyard heroics that either result in that big play or the terrible one. Or, more recently, another injury.
Which ones didn't......hmmm......how about all of them.
Romo wasn't playing reckless when baby gronkowski missed a block a got his collarbone broken.
He wasn't playing reckless when the Eagles broke his collarbone...or the panthers.
You made a statement and now are trying to walk it back without admitting you are wrong.
I get it...
I saw you flip flop already in a few post above,

Not your best morning.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you have nothing and now are pretending that you are just not interested in backing up your mouth.
That's what I figured anyway.

You "figured" everything you were going to before our conversation ever started. I'm not going to attempt to open a closed mind. You keep waving your pom-poms pretending that all is well. Just forfeit the right to be surprised when the results suck yet again and 'your team ' disappoints.

You can continue to sit dumbfounded as things inexplicably 'just didn't work out'...

:huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which ones didn't......hmmm......how about all of them.
Romo wasn't playing reckless when baby gronkowski missed a block a got his collarbone broken.
He wasn't playing reckless when the Eagles broke his collarbone...or the panthers.
You made a statement and now are trying to walk it back without admitting you are wrong.
I get it...
I saw you flip flop already in a few post above,

Not your best morning.

Again, he saw those hits coming, he wasn't blindsided. He thought he could once again wiggle his way out of them and he found out the hard way he couldn't.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
2nd round pick for Josh Gordon now please. Before you say you're crazy a mock me I give you......Martellus Bennett, Gavin Escobar, Bruce Carter, and an injured Jaylon Smith! ;)
He is just as unreliable, if not moreso than Bryant. We cannot continue to be a foster home for suspended players.

Unless they are giving him away, that is an add that would end up doing more harm than good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well here's to hoping lightening strikes in a bottle and when we get our guy back, he remains upright for the remainder of the season.

For me, he clearly gives us the best chance to win and allows Dak to go back to the sidelines, continue to absorb the game at the highly intelligent manner in which he can, and with what will have been invaluable experience and stopping on an incredible high note, until he begins his time as our future star QB. Most likely next season, unless Romo surprises us all and makes it through 2017 (admittedly, highly doubtful).

Just a different take than you. Nothing more :)

ETA -- sorry to everyone for sidetracking the Dez discussion. (I got my fill yesterday lol)

Presented as eloquently and respectfully as you have here, how can I have an issue with your "different take"?

While I have a differing opinion on what's best for the team, I can't help but respect yours and the way you've presented it.

superonyx

Reaction score
Again, he saw those hits coming, he wasn't blindsided. He thought he could once again wiggle his way out of them and he found out the hard way he couldn't.
So he is reckless because he should have assumed his FB wouldn't have blocked a blitzing LB and he should have thrown the ball away before the FB even missed the block?
You have absolutely nothing here.
Yea I would attempt to duck out of this debate also.... Or do you want to keep embarrassing yourself? You seem better at that than you do dealing in facts or reality.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure you have, 'Mr. Objectivity'. Just ask you. I don't care about the "motivations behind your opinions", only the fact that you have the gall to come out and tell everyone the proper way to react. Happens all the time. You somehow think that you get to decide between important and unimportant issues.

If you hadn't already noticed, I'm plenty "engaged in the discussion", with a number of my fellow fans.

I could as easily follow you around from thread to thread and dismiss your opinions as the ramblings of an over emotional fan who's too upset to even try to be objective, but I prefer to take each argument on its merit. Greg Hardy.

Either way, lets both try to stay on topic. Nobody is interested in how you think I should think and post.

Aven8

Reaction score
He is just as unreliable, if not moreso than Bryant. We cannot continue to be a foster home for suspended players.

Unless they are giving him away, that is an add that would end up doing more harm than good.

He's unreliable, but we throw out 2's like there candy. He might be the most dynamic WR in the game, of course when he's on the field. In PS after missing a year, or whatever, he looked exactly the same. Amazing really.

Screw it I want to win now.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I wouldn't call Bryant unreliable. I can't recall him ever missing a game to anything other that unpreventable injury.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I swear this fanbase :facepalm:

Get rid of a top WR because he's a "distraction" and a diva :facepalm:

Look, I dont like the fact that this guy didnt show up to get his MRI when he was supposed to, but get rid of him??

His teammates, coach, and owner love him, so apparently he isnt as bad as you guys are claiming him to be.