David Moore Lowdown on Dez

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as you stay out of the 'you should react this way' type of lectures, I'm good with that. I enjoy our conversations for the most part.

Really, stash, let's keep the thread on topic, ok?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's a different cat, for sure. You know he just wants to play football, but the optics on the antics do get old from the outside looking in.
Yes sir. And we just want him to play football. His antics are potentially preventing him from a higher elite status . It's certainly not his talent level.

superonyx

Reaction score
As I read through the Zone this week. What really sucks is the Dez situation has really taken away from a nice win, Dak Prescott and a 2-1 start. I think we caught a break with Dez. Can everyone Aaron Rodgers and relax. :omg:
When it's the medias favorite bad boy Dez Bryant combined with a message board negativity crew you get these types of distractions I guess.
Sports in general are a frustrating form of entertainment. Fans are so comfortable being hurt and negative that they seek out reasons to spend time in that place. Enter the media and their favorite headline grabber Dez Bryant.

If Dez even parked his car too close to a fire hydrant you would have social media, reporters, and a band of message board vigilantlies ready to crucify him.

Negativity and drama sells. Dez should be looked at as a guy who has overcome Odds and a childhood most have never had to deal with. He is a father and a provider in way many people are not. He is emotional but from all accounts has a good heart.

And instead holier than thou types want to run him out of town.

Reaction score
Haven't read the thread, so I'll just put in my $.02 worth.

I like Dez as a player. It's just unfortunate he's such a mental midget. You can't count on him, period. He has no idea what it means to be a professional.

On the field, as long as he continues to twist, turn and rotate his body when defenders have his legs, it's just a matter of time before he breaks more bones. But he doesn't seem smart enough to realize that. So you can't count on him.

Defense and wide receiver are going to be priorities over the next 2-3 drafts.

erod

Reaction score
Dez is just as injury prone as Romo these days. Broken ankle, knee sprain, back issues, broken hand, broken foot, fractured knee......not to mention the constant babysitting off the field.

This is why Jerry fought so hard for release clauses in the contract. This is why Dez was basically assigned a babysitter prior to this contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To everyone saying Dez is not worth the trouble: 60 TDs in 87 career games.

Gronk for comparison: 65 in 81.

Stop.
He hasn't been 70 million worth the trouble since signing his new contract last year.But yea.before that he was worth it. It's time for him to earn his keep now don't you think or does he live on his laurels?

Reaction score
When it's the medias favorite bad boy Dez Bryant combined with a message board negativity crew you get these types of distractions I guess.
Sports in general are a frustrating form of entertainment. Fans are so comfortable being hurt and negative that they seek out reasons to spend time in that place. Enter the media and their favorite headline grabber Dez Bryant.

If Dez even parked his car too close to a fire hydrant you would have social media, reporters, and a band of message board vigilantlies ready to crucify him.

Negativity and drama sells. Dez should be looked at as a guy who has overcome Odds and a childhood most have never had to deal with. He is a father and a provider in way many people are not. He is emotional but from all accounts has a good heart.

And instead holier than thou types want to run him out of town.
Perhaps all of this is true.

All he has to do is show up for work when he is required to do so and none of this would be an issue. Just show up for work on time like the rest of us working stiffs.

If he can't do something as simple as that, then he deserves the criticism he gets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dez is just as injury prone as Romo these days. Broken ankle, knee sprain, back issues, broken hand, broken foot, fractured knee......not to mention the constant babysitting off the field.

This is why Jerry fought so hard for release clauses in the contract. This is why Dez was basically assigned a babysitter prior to this contract.
Why can't we get more of the talented dudes with no drama ? Like Witten

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I thought he blew it off on his off day and so they moved it to Tues morning? Did I miss something?I also hadn't heard his teammates were necessarily leaking things. If so, that's a different story depending how and what is being leaked.

I'm not really trying to spin it as a positive, to be clear. It seems to me this is a small example of the downside of Dez's emotional personality. I'm just saying his temperament is well known by his teammates and they probably see it as the double edge to a sword that usually cuts in their favor.

I guess we'll see in the coming days how big an issue it really is. If it has legs, a negative story about the Cowboys locker room usually learns to walk.

Injured players are suppose to report on Monday and then this was reported by NBC:

Bryant missing the MRI explains why the hairline fracture Bryant has in his right knee wasn’t diagnosed until Wednesday. The report said Bryant showed up at the team’s facility Tuesday too late for an MRI to be performed.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
This is Dez. It's always been this way.

It's the price they have to pay for his talent level and what he brings to the table.
Which is already in serious decline. Not worth it. We have use our first roud pick to draft a WR next year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Th
I'm afraid Dez is going to force Dallas to use next year's first-round pick on a receiver, instead of the needed pass rusher.

He's become unreliable on and off the field. Can't stay healthy, hydrated, focused, or disciplined.
That would be a grave error. You can find receivers later in draft or in FA. We can't place the defense on hold any longer or we'll continue to pay a greater price.

We have shown with the Robinsons and Austins we can have production at WR without elite talent .

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I was thinking we need to look for a nice #2 in this upcoming draft.

We might actually need to look for a legit #1 in this draft now.
Bad thing it is getting in line behind DE and probably CB and MLB too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry loves controversy and controversial players. It sells. How many Dez Bryant jerseys are out there?!?
That's really more about his freakish talent. There's no denying that but is he the right kind of guy to invest in? Not yet anyway. Sure looked like it in 2014 though.